Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

masterjakeway

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mm, which nick are u using?

Also i posted 373 in IRC earlier...you didnt see it?
LOL! maybe I didn't wait around long enough...
I was using the same nick.
Anyways, Shano hooked that up for me as well.
Seems to work pretty good.
1. adjust coverflow may not be working again.
2 Seem to be having A LOT of random long pauses. like, the pointer sticks and does nothing for 5-30 seconds.
Now, this may be because of the backgound music I have set. Either too many different mp3's. Or, too many kbps in the mp3's I have in there.
any insight into this would be appreciated.
I will be testing this with my music folder turned off...
3 I still can't get my Genesis games to show up...

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok. I tried a bunch more games with r371. For black screens out of 70 tries. No code dumps. I tried to sample at least 2 games from each IOS as listed by Wii Backup Manager.

Mortal Kombat - 2X ok
My First songs 2X ok
Namco Museum Megamix - ok
Namco Museum Remix - blackscreen - power cycled, 2nd and 3rd times ok
NBA2K12 - 2X OK
Prince of Persia Rival Swords - 2x ok
Warioware Smooth Moves - 2x ok
Elebits - 2x ok
Super Paper Mario - 2x ok
The Bigs - 2x ok
Pokemon Battle Revolution - 2x ok
Kidz Sports: Crazy Golf - 2x ok
Cabela's Legendary Adventures - 2x ok
Active Life: Outdoor Challenge - 2x ok
Guitar Hero Aerosmith - 2x ok
COD: World at War - 2x ok
COD: Black Ops - 2x ok
Mario Kart Wii - 2x ok
Super Smash Bros Brawl - 2x ok
Disney Sing It: High School Musical 3 Senior Year - 2x
Rock Band - 2x ok
Animal Crossing City Folk - 2x
Xenoblade Chronicles - 2x
Wipeout - 2x
Lego Clone Wars - 2x ok
Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games - 2x
Rabbids Go Home - 1st time worked, 2nd time blackscreened - power cycled, 3rd time ran fine
WWE '12 - 1st time blackscreened, 2nd time ok, power cycled and ran Rabbids Go Home again and then WWE '12 and
it worked again
Zumba Fitness 2 - 2x ok
FIFA 12 - 1st time blackscreened - power cycled, 2nd time worked ok, 3rd time worked ok
COD: Modern Warfare 3 - 2x ok
Fit In Six - 2x ok
Racquet Sports - 2x ok

86/91 working with this rev isn't bad. Glad I'm not seeing code dumps anymore.

Will play with some more later today and see if I can break it.

Thanks so much for the quick fixes!
I'm definitely glad to see the big improvement in your tests. I was starting to get worried it would come time for the weekly precompiled release on the GoogleCode page and there wouldn't be anything safe to post for use by the common user. I know how important code cleanup is to be able to add features and find new future bugs but it's definitely a lot of work, especially when it's open sourced and you didn't personally write all the code that's there.

Anyway, just a questions with your test results, [member='bostonBC'], are your tests with just cIOS's 249 and 250 installed or is the full auto IOS selection still running on it?
I have them all installed and just was curious how your results would compare to someone in my case.
Based on fix's comments I removed all but cIOS 249 (base 56) and 250 (base 57) and all the testing I did was with auto IOS selection on the set of 40 games.

I used games of every IOS so it should be a good cross section. Granted it was 40 out of about 1200 total Wii games so there may be some that have problems but I believe fix that only those 2 cIOS's are needed.

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
good job with deleting the ubuntu partition btw. I did something like that recently ;)
Thanks. You may not want to post links in this thread though. Fix had just said something about it a few pages ago.

And I did delete my ubuntu partition on purpose. after not using it for a few weeks, I thought I didn't need it anymore...
lmao!

I did too, however i forgot to fix the MBR back to windoze and had to go through a whole bunch of shit to get it working again xD

anyways what did fix say? i think it's fine.

The development team would like folks to not post links to download intermediary code drops. If you compile and test it yourself cool, if you want an intermediate drop go to IRC and they will build/send you a link to one.

With the flurry of activity and different releases - many of which were not stable and ready for public consumption this will make it easier to support.

Shano56

noobie
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
good job with deleting the ubuntu partition btw. I did something like that recently ;)
Thanks. You may not want to post links in this thread though. Fix had just said something about it a few pages ago.

And I did delete my ubuntu partition on purpose. after not using it for a few weeks, I thought I didn't need it anymore...
lmao!

I did too, however i forgot to fix the MBR back to windoze and had to go through a whole bunch of shit to get it working again xD

The development team would like folks to not post links to download intermediary code drops. If you compile and test it yourself cool, if you want an intermediate drop go to IRC and they will build/send you a link to one.

With the flurry of activity and different releases - many of which were not stable and ready for public consumption this will make it easier to support.

this aint for public consumption and I didnt release it to the public, it's on one reply on a thread on forum on the internet. It's compiled from an open source project available to anyone, and there's already other compiled dols floating around.

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

lmao!

this aint for public consumption and I didnt release it to the public, it's on one reply on a thread on forum on the internet. It's compiled from an open source project available to anyone, and there's already other compiled dols floating around.
You are free to compile it yourself and do whatever you want with it but the devs have requested that only they post links to these alpha dols. That is the process they want to follow so they don't have to chase down god knows what versions that may have not been compiled with the correct libraries. I am just relaying the info since you must not have seen the earlier posts. I think it is a reasonable course of action but go on IRC or PM them if you want them to change. Keep posting your own dol links and you will probably find your messages start being deleted.

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The log file is correct, I also tested it and wii64 game booting works fine here, but returning to wiiflow blackscreened.
Okay, next up - emu fixes :)

Since I seem to have a huge problem with emulation is there anything I can do to help debug?

Using r374 this is what I see:

fceugx - exits to Wii main menu when trynig to run any game
genplus-gx - games run, when exiting it goes to Wii main menu instead of back to WiiFlow
scummvm - don't have any
snes - blackscreens and hangs when trying to run a game
vbagx - code dumps when running games (screen shot below)
wii64 - games run, when quitting it blackscreens and hangs

IMG00106_20120518_0353.jpg

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
The log file is correct, I also tested it and wii64 game booting works fine here, but returning to wiiflow blackscreened.

Since I seem to have a huge problem with emulation is there anything I can do to help debug?

genplus-gx - games run, when exiting it goes to Wii main menu instead of back to WiiFlow
scummvm - don't have any
Can you please test these emulator dols and see if they fix your problem?
File link: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?4abafj1bh03dqjc
Good luck :)

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

scummvm - don't have any
Can you please test these emulator dols and see if they fix your problem?
File link: http://www.mediafire...4abafj1bh03dqjc
Good luck :)
Cool, thanks.

fceugx - runs games now! But exiting it blackscreens and hangs
genplus-gx - games run, exiting it blackscreens and hangs
scummvm - don't have any
snes - games run now! But exiting it blackscreens and then returns to the main Wii menu after 10 seconds
vbagx - games run now! But exiting it blackscreens and then returns to the main Wii menu after 10 seconds
If I put an SD card into the Wii with wiiflow/plugins folder with just the return dol the following happens:

fceugx - runs games now and it exits back to Wiiflow
genplus-gx - games run, exiting it blackscreens and hangs
scummvm - don't have any
snes - games don't run - it directly exits back to the main Wii menu after 10 seconds
vbagx - games don't run - it directly exits back to the main Wii menu after 10 seconds
wii64 - games don't run - it directly exits back to the main Wii menu after 10 seconds

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are these the mod1 plugins? Oh and I now uploaded the sources directly to google code, may somebody wanna fix them :)
The ones I first tested were the most recent ones from the google code wiiflow-mod site. I don't know where AbdallahTerro got his but they work better than mine.

I see the google code no longer has the plugins. Is that because you are building them into the main Wiiflow now?

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Its because some guy said its not legal to just upload binaries without sources and he is right there, thats why they are removed temporary.

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its because some guy said its not legal to just upload binaries without sources and he is right there, thats why they are removed temporary.
Ok, I see the plugins branch but I tried getting a copy of r377 and it didn't pick those up. How do I get them so I can compile.

And is that source the 1st version that AbdallahTerro had? Those pretty much work for me except not returning to WiiFlow.

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, I see the plugins branch but I tried getting a copy of r377 and it didn't pick those up. How do I get them so I can compile.

And is that source the 1st version that AbdallahTerro had? Those pretty much work for me except not returning to WiiFlow.

i personally checkout the whole SVN and not just the trunk, this way you have all branches too

http://open-wiiflow-mod.googlecode.com/svn/

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
r379 startup_menu.ini explained. i suggest you run wiiflow once and right down the current buttons and positions and then rewrite to your liking and transfer it to the startup_menu.ini.

Code:
[BUTTONS]
button_0_row=0		  // button row numbered 0 to 4
button_0_col=0		  // button column numbered 0 and 1
button_0_page=1	  // button page - 1 or 2 (set to 0 to hide a button)

// the following are used to set the preferred emuflow mode per plugin per theme
[FCEUGX]				 // plugin dol name in caps minus extension
8bit playground=1	  // theme name = emuflow mode - if set to 0 or theme not listed here it uses last emuflow mode used
carbonik=4
default=3
orchid=1
starnight=1
violet=1

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
When building latest dol the plugins are not compiled along with wiiflow dol! do we need to make these separately?

Edit: It seems you also disabled the shortcuts in latest releases!
Edit2: Pop works now with force pal50
Edit3: Anyone can link me to latest Wii64 dol please.

It won't as its not part of make, plus its more than likely using a different libogc.

Swap out the libogc for emu's and make each project from its source folder as you did wiiflow.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: "pine unf apple" doesn't count! Lol