Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

Ape8000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
as for categories in emu mode - the problem is categories are based on game ID's which emu games don't have or it's a little too technical for me to figure out. plus using there names doesn't work because several games by the same name were made for different systems.

when i get back online - i will fix the minor bugs with the cat menu that maxternal and bostonbc have pointed out and see if there's a way to add emu games to categories.ini
maybe create an external renaming program that creates ids from the rom headers, or you can always use CRCs. Or Cowerings good names. Or see what good tools uses to id a ROM, and use that as the ID.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
as for categories in emu mode - the problem is categories are based on game ID's which emu games don't have or it's a little too technical for me to figure out. plus using there names doesn't work because several games by the same name were made for different systems.

when i get back online - i will fix the minor bugs with the cat menu that maxternal and bostonbc have pointed out and see if there's a way to add emu games to categories.ini
maybe create an external renaming program that creates ids from the rom headers, or you can always use CRCs. Or Cowerings good names. Or see what good tools uses to id a ROM, and use that as the ID.
Yeah, the GameID problem is the same thing that makes both ROM's and homebrew sometimes repeat cover images. I can see how it would be something that's kinda embedded in how WiiFlow works. It really would be nice to have the 6-digit limit removed, though.

Having a completely separate system similar to categories to separate out the different ROM types would be nice, too, though.

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

that would be a little to much work. seeing that some games still would share the id's.( different system.). not unless you could put the beginig letters for the systems in front of or behind the game id.(N= nintendo,S=sega,ect..) but even doing that the 6 digit thing would come into play. seeing as some of them would be longer.(SM= saga master + game id.)

Brenry

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mastershoes: I didn't even think about swapping orientation for current title ! Beautiful presentation on N64 that would fix SNES covers too ! ty for all your work !

Brenry

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
atm its completely without extensions ;)

How do I handle my boxcovers now ? I downloaded the latest version, ran it, didn't see it generate any special directories within the emulator directories, assuming its all still in plugins/boxcovers ??

3 Ninjas Strike Back for example are on Genesis and Snes ... How do I handle this?

---

I deleted my cache, kept the gen.png extentions on.. now i have NOOO cover art ? How do I do this when multiple systems have the same name ? There is no created directory within the emulator directories for boxart ??

mastershoes

GameTDB Mod & Retro Cover Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was just thinking about the same thing @[member='Brenry']

There are a lot of games that are multi-platform. Almost seems like keeping the rom extensions is a good idea.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
I was just thinking about the same thing @[member='Brenry']

There are a lot of games that are multi-platform. Almost seems like keeping the rom extensions is a good idea.
I'm sure this could especially cause problems when they get around to changing the box sizes for each different ROM type (something that could be included in the plugin's INI file by the way) It would not only repeat the cover but also stretch it out of shape on the boxes it wasn't meant for. Even using the file extension, though, could cause problems when they're both in ZIP files. You could always program it use different sub-folders to keep them apart or something.

I like the idea of not having the extensions on screen in coverflow but with the file names there do seem to be some potential problems.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yep, seems like it, done now. The names will be without extension still, just looks better in wiiflow ;)

@all:
I need a dol to be tested, its compiled with new libogc and devkitppc r26, last time we wanted to update devkitppc we broke many things, lets see if its better this time:
http://www.mediafire.com/?v67xh3vhz797luo
Just see how it works compared with r258 and please also report about it, thanks.

secamfr

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
@all:
I need a dol to be tested, its compiled with new libogc and devkitppc r26, last time we wanted to update devkitppc we broke many things, lets see if its better this time:
http://www.mediafire...v67xh3vhz797luo
Just see how it works compared with r258 and please also report about it, thanks.

Just test it, work fine!
Possible to fix "WiiFlowLoader.dol" to boot on usb1 ? (i need to have a copy of my apps/wiiflow on sd card to work actually)

nobody_tw

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
@[member='FIX94'], No luck to me.
There is something wrong about custom_titles.ini with R265.
It's ok with R258 and previous version, The chars can't be show normal.
I am using the chinese_t char for custom_titles.ini.
It's ok to play wii games, just the custom_titles.ini is unnormal.

Another problem was when switching to load another source.
It's down. DSI error screen...

Thanks!!

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The sourceforge page for devkitppc r26 is down. Does anyone have an alternate download location? I'm getting errors compiling r269 with the new libogc...

make[1]: stat: btnprevs.png: Bad file number
make[1]: stat: butesoffs.png.o: Bad file number
make[1]: stat: buthsleft.png.o: Bad file number
make[1]: stat: wait_05.png.o: Bad file number

If I delete everything in the settings folder it loads but if I try to download the gameTDB it hangs and then the next time WiiFlow loads it hands on the splash screen.

Anyone else have any luck with r269 yet?

BTW - I do not like the new splash screen at all... not enough distinction between the images to tell it's doing something. Add a real progress bar and a description of what it's doing and it would be a lot better. Right now when it hangs or goes into an infinite loop you have no idea what it is doing.

Fix - BTW I tested out your compiled r265 and it looks pretty good but I am getting a hang on the downloading gameTDB.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The sourceforge page for devkitppc r26 is down. Does anyone have an alternate download location? I'm getting errors compiling r269 with the new libogc...

make[1]: stat: btnprevs.png: Bad file number
make[1]: stat: butesoffs.png.o: Bad file number
make[1]: stat: buthsleft.png.o: Bad file number
make[1]: stat: wait_05.png.o: Bad file number
These are no errors, that just means the compiler loaded too much processes and need to repeat the png files, sometimes that can happen. Sourceforge is online here btw. Yeah I know that you cant really see if it froze or still working, its hard to make a proper wait message, I just dont like the old one :P I also had the idea to do it like this, this and this.

murasame72

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm sorry guys, but I am completely lost.

I've installed the DML 1.3 wad and try to run it using Wiiflow 258 but it seems you're all talking of more recent versions which I cannot find on the dedicated google code page.

Could anybody be kind enough to clarify ? Where to get this ? To I need to compile it myself ?

Also, I've install th pluging pack but it keeps crashing when I click on the nes button in wiiflow. Do I need to remove my wiflow r239's old setting.ini ? Do I need to put my roms at some specific place ?

I'm just lost...

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I've installed the DML 1.3 wad and try to run it using Wiiflow 258 but it seems you're all talking of more recent versions which I cannot find on the dedicated google code page.
Yeah r258 is the current ready-to-use rev, the newer ones need to be compiled by yourself (well you'll see your lucky today :P)
Also, I've install th pluging pack but it keeps crashing when I click on the nes button in wiiflow. Do I need to remove my wiflow r239's old setting.ini ? Do I need to put my roms at some specific place ?
Nope, I got some small idea why it crashes already ;)

So yeah, I want a new rev to be tested, r274:
http://www.mediafire.com/?bplccambsmgrlty
It's now fully working with 3tb+ hdds, but I still want a few tests and reports about it. Also please see how the stability is now for you and the wiiflow speed in general. I really suggest you to go into your wiiflow.ini and check if the "cover_buffer" is set to 20, if not then set it to this for speed and stability. Also test the emulator mode if it codedumps still.
If you get any codedump, please make a picture of it and post it here. Thanks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Ok good chatting, I'm off to the bar, to shoot some pool, nighty night. +1