Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
@[member='FIX94']
@[member='OverjoY']

I was thinking of a fix for the homebrew mode view in Wiiflow-Mod
In this case the icon.png will not look ugly and the back of the cover will look more beautiful
And most important: no need to make special view for homebrew mode
5104d27af494e622910376fa92138aaf.jpg

fb8f4e25102533519960e5b52788ec87.jpg

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone, I've made a whole new page for 'Categories' on WiiFlow Mod that I would like you to try out. It's not officially committed yet. I want you all to check it out and give your input. If you like it maybe we can talk Fix94 into letting me commit it. It doesn't add any size to Wiiflow Mod, in fact it shrinks it a little.

With this new setup you can have 20 categories (19 + ALL) and you can select to view more than one category at a time. For example - if you have your categories set up by genre you can select to view racing, sports, and sim categories. This is alot like USB Loader GX.

The Carbonik, Violet, and Starnight themes I updated a while back will work with it. I will modify 8-Bit Playground and Orchid shortly.

Here's the boot.dol -http://www.mediafire...u3103i445h5b0oz
Based on wiiflow mod r223

Backup your current boot.dol and categories.ini and delete categories.ini since the old one won't work with this version.

The main difference now is you have under [GENERAL] the setting 'categories=10000000000000000000' this string of 20 digits tells wiiflow which categories are set to view (1=on, 0=off). the first digit being ALL of course.

this is identical to 20 digit string for each game ID which tells wifflow what categories that game belongs to.

Hopefully BostonBC can update his app and post a new categories.ini for us. if you don't like it just restore your backups.
You just made my day :)

I will work on the app update this weekend and try and post the updated categories.ini

Thanks!
I had a feeling you would like this. You were the inspiration - that and I tried usb loader gx and liked it but missed the fancy coverflow. Glad you like it! :)
Here is an updated version with the ESRB rating categories.

http://www.mediafire.com/?7tbsblguny1v75f

Please note that if you have non-US (Pal) games I haven't accounted for that in the WiiTDB.xml data extraction.

I should be able to come up with a mapping for Pal->US and others but wanted to share this copy now.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Reactions: 1 person

JSchloegel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been trying to solve the white screen freeze on Kirby's Return to Dreamland but haven't been successful. I was playing it fine when I was on r415, but I haven't been able to track down a boot.dol from r415 on my quick search so I could verify that it would boot again. I've tried r425 and both mod-r217 and the modified mod-r223 posted above with various settings tweaked (plus no settings changes). I also tried with the d2x posted on the wiiflowiki site, d2x v8 final and d2x v9 beta(r47) with the suggested bases/slots from the wiki. Currently at a loss for the next step, although if I could track down that r415 I'd like to give that a shot again. Hope I'm not just being blonde about this, thanks for reading and a huge thanks for everyone who worked on this project over the years!
This is r415:
http://www.mediafire...7a2i2p3fg02wa8g

FWIW I have been unable to get that game, The Smurfs Dance Party and The Adventures of TinTin to work in WiiFlow but use CFG for those 3.

Did a clean setup (only had the boot.dol, icon.png and meta.xml, plus my boxcovers directory), went straight over to Kirby and it launched just fine. I continued my game from where I left off and all is good. So I have to wonder, what happened between then and now to break the game?

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Hey everyone, I've made a whole new page for 'Categories' on WiiFlow Mod that I would like you to try out. It's not officially committed yet. I want you all to check it out and give your input. If you like it maybe we can talk Fix94 into letting me commit it. It doesn't add any size to Wiiflow Mod, in fact it shrinks it a little.

With this new setup you can have 20 categories (19 + ALL) and you can select to view more than one category at a time. For example - if you have your categories set up by genre you can select to view racing, sports, and sim categories. This is alot like USB Loader GX.

The Carbonik, Violet, and Starnight themes I updated a while back will work with it. I will modify 8-Bit Playground and Orchid shortly.

Here's the boot.dol -http://www.mediafire...u3103i445h5b0oz
Based on wiiflow mod r223

Backup your current boot.dol and categories.ini and delete categories.ini since the old one won't work with this version.

The main difference now is you have under [GENERAL] the setting 'categories=10000000000000000000' this string of 20 digits tells wiiflow which categories are set to view (1=on, 0=off). the first digit being ALL of course.

this is identical to 20 digit string for each game ID which tells wifflow what categories that game belongs to.

Hopefully BostonBC can update his app and post a new categories.ini for us. if you don't like it just restore your backups.
You just made my day :)

I will work on the app update this weekend and try and post the updated categories.ini

Thanks!
I had a feeling you would like this. You were the inspiration - that and I tried usb loader gx and liked it but missed the fancy coverflow. Glad you like it! :)
Here is an updated version with the ESRB rating categories.

http://www.mediafire...7tbsblguny1v75f

Please note that if you have non-US (Pal) games I haven't accounted for that in the WiiTDB.xml data extraction.

I should be able to come up with a mapping for Pal->US and others but wanted to share this copy now.

Please let me know if you have any questions.
@fledge68 can you please upload this boot.dol built for IOS 251 (just change 249 to 251 in makefile and build the dol) I want to test without remote sync issues.
Thanks

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
@Massivericans Sorry I couldn't test the modes adjustment yet since I have no space left on my sd. I tested those files but the adjustment didn't work since I have to make a new sdwiiflow folder. (did u test the forwarder channels by the way?
nope still haven't had a chance myself. It's been a crazy hectic week and this weekend my girl has me going to wedding recitals and parties since she's a bridesmaid.

Better off anyway 2BH cuz r425 would b the better rev to test since it has a much faster and stable coverflow ;-) Sunday night I'll b playing catch-up, by testing, updating & d/loading and get an opportunity to check out your work

In the meantime I'll have to play nice BF chit chatting and bullshitting with a bunch of probably lame ass people while thinking about how much cool shit I rather b doing lol.

MassiveRican

Trophies
XP
Country
@fledge68 can you please upload this boot.dol built for IOS 251 (just change 249 to 251 in makefile and build the dol) I want to test without remote sync issues.
Thanks
bro why don't u just install the base u have in 251 on 249 the same outcome should apply. Best of all if your using auto cIOS then it'll still choose the right cIOS to load games. Really the slot doesn't matter as ultimately it's the base u installed on that slot that matters so if u install whatever base u have in 251 to 249 then u should b all set, of course that would probably not b ideal for a whole bunch of other HB but for your wiiflow testing purposes u should b good.

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Thanks
bro why don't u just install the base u have in 251 on 249 the same outcome should apply. Best of all if your using auto cIOS then it'll still choose the right cIOS to load games. Really the slot doesn't matter as ultimately it's the base u installed on that slot that matters so if u install whatever base u have in 251 to 249 then u should b all set, of course that would probably not b ideal for a whole bunch of other HB but for your wiiflow testing purposes u should b good.
Actually this issue only occurs with wiiflow, I never had any problems with CFG or GX under ios249, I prefer to tweak wiiflow rather than switching cios until this issue is solved.
Thanks for the suggestion.

MassiveRican

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks
Actually this issue only occurs with wiiflow, I never had any problems with CFG or GX under ios249, I prefer to tweak wiiflow rather than switching cios until this issue is solved.
Thanks for the suggestion.
True. Hmm... I wonder why that is cuz with wiiflow mod since Fix94's forwarder v11d I've had no sync delay whatsoever or a least I haven't noticed anything substantial.

With WiiFlow it's a different story since libogc hasn't been updated yet and I don't think Miigotu's taken a look at that either so there is definitely remote sync delay. Yea I guess it's worth doing it that way for now if it's a major gripe u have

KingMuk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm not sure if this is a Wiiflow R425 error or not but I get a SET_USB_FAILED -3 when I launch Monster Hunter G.
I'm on 4.2U, WiiFlow R425 (official), Ios d2x v8 Final (done via ModMii)

Anyway what could be the issue here?

EDIT 1: The game names displayed when you hover over a game is also wrong. Like it says NHL 2K10 and other game names when i don't even have those games on my hard drive to begin with. O___O!!?! I also just deleted my cache and went into my wiiflow ini to check up on things and I saw that I had "update cache" to yes..so is that supposed to be on?

EDIT 2: So i fixed the whole random game name error when i hovered over my games but the Monster Hunter G SET USB FAILED: -3 error still remains.

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am having a weird problem with WiiFlow-mod but I've seen similar problems in the past with WiiFlow but can't remember what I did to correct it. Every time I run WiiFlow-mod it looks like it is rebuilding the cache. On one of my systems I have a 1.5TB drive with 860 games and it takes about a minute to load WiiFlow. On my 2TB system I have 1153 games and it loads in seconds.

I tried deleting the entire WiiFlow/settings folder along with the WiiFlow/cache folder and the apps/WiiFlow/Wiiflow.ini files so they would be recreated but each time I launch WiiFlow-mod it rebuilds the cache. Strangely I use the latest WiiFlow-mod on my 2TB drive and it comes up in a few seconds. I tried copying the apps/wiiflow/wiiflow.ini and the entire wiiflow folder from the 2TB to the 1.5TB drive and it still rebuild the cache every time. I am currently using Fledge68's r223 mod but also tried it with r217 and it also was very slow to load and it looked like it was rebuilding the cache as well.

If I swap in WiiFlow r425 it loads in seconds also so I think it is something in WiiFlow-mod.

Any ideas? It has me stumped and up at 3:35AM :(

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am having a weird problem with WiiFlow-mod but I've seen similar problems in the past with WiiFlow but can't remember what I did to correct it. Every time I run WiiFlow-mod it looks like it is rebuilding the cache. On one of my systems I have a 1.5TB drive with 860 games and it takes about a minute to load WiiFlow. On my 2TB system I have 1153 games and it loads in seconds.

I tried deleting the entire WiiFlow/settings folder along with the WiiFlow/cache folder and the apps/WiiFlow/Wiiflow.ini files so they would be recreated but each time I launch WiiFlow-mod it rebuilds the cache. Strangely I use the latest WiiFlow-mod on my 2TB drive and it comes up in a few seconds. I tried copying the apps/wiiflow/wiiflow.ini and the entire wiiflow folder from the 2TB to the 1.5TB drive and it still rebuild the cache every time. I am currently using Fledge68's r223 mod but also tried it with r217 and it also was very slow to load and it looked like it was rebuilding the cache as well.

If I swap in WiiFlow r425 it loads in seconds also so I think it is something in WiiFlow-mod.

Any ideas? It has me stumped and up at 3:35AM :(

So my understanding is it's not just my mod but it is wiiflow mod? first thought is Mugotu's works because wiiflow mod has had options added for the building or rebuilding of the cache and wiiflow hasn't. Second - try looking in wiiflow.ini under [GENERAL] for 'compress_cache=' set it to no and 'update_cache=' set it to no. but you said it works with the other drive just fine so this may not matter. If that's the case then sorry I have no clue.

MassiveRican

Trophies
XP
Country
@[member='abdallahterro'] finally got to d/load and try out some of your forwarders (haven't tried any CFG one's but I'm not using CFG at the moment so that'll have to wait cuz I'm a bit limited on time ;)), I like them especially the starnight v2 one, prob my favorite thus far and you were spot on that I'd love it lol. As for the bouncing diamond icon I like it but it needs a whole new banner to go with it, I don't feel the banner you used fits with the diamond logo, it deserves it's own diamond or somewhat themed banner, cool effect though with color changing and transparency and all, you're definitely getting better.

Two things, first a request, the original starnight forwarder's banner has meteors falling from the sky around wiiflow, would u be able to do something similar with the icon when it says wiiflow? I like the icon changing through different USB logo's but when it says wiiflow it's a bit plain so I was hoping you could add the meteor effect and also add the starnight background behind the wiiflow flashing icon, again I feel the white is too plain considering all the animation and background you have behind the USB logos. The first forwarder you made has an icon with the discs bouncing around and I would like to see either meteors bouncing around or falling down if possible, no big deal if you can't or don't have the time.

Secondly, I know you're in a learning process and glad to have your contributions out here, make sure that you heed people's advice as I'm sure they have nothing but your best interest in mind so that you can be great at what you're doing :yay:

MassiveRican

Trophies
XP
Country
Just a heads up for anyone trying out or having issues with WiiFlow r425 from Miigotu:
To fix crashing with r425+, change the wiiflow.ini line cover_buffer=120 to cover_buffer=18

Also I believe he plans on hardcoding (if that's the correct term) or adding that by default and possibly removing it from the .ini so that we won't have to do that in the near future.

Edit: The change is only necessary with a wiiflow.ini from an older version, if you let r425 recreate the .ini file no adjustment is necessary.

MassiveRican

Trophies
XP
Country
Hmm not sure if this is a Wiiflow R425 error or not but I get a SET_USB_FAILED -3 when I launch Monster Hunter G.
I'm on 4.2U, WiiFlow R425 (official), Ios d2x v8 Final (done via ModMii)

Anyway what could be the issue here?

EDIT 1: The game names displayed when you hover over a game is also wrong. Like it says NHL 2K10 and other game names when i don't even have those games on my hard drive to begin with. O___O!!?! I also just deleted my cache and went into my wiiflow ini to check up on things and I saw that I had "update cache" to yes..so is that supposed to be on?

EDIT 2: So i fixed the whole random game name error when i hovered over my games but the Monster Hunter G SET USB FAILED: -3 error still remains.
Sorry man, just tried it out and I can't replicate your error, maybe pass by the IRC channel and see what's going on.

Edit: Just realized I have MH3 Tri not G..Yea I didn't have my glasses on.. oh wait I did I'm just an idiot. I'll see if I can get my hands on a copy of MH G and see if I get the same error.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey everyone, I'm back, so lets release a new weekly update, not much this time since I wasnt on from wednesday to saturday:

After updating wiiflow internal, the backup boot.dol will be deleted since its not needed anymore after,
booting gamecube retail discs also should work fine again, its faster too now, speed for DML boot should be slightly faster too,
fixed When in 'channel view' and wiiflow is locked the wrong icon is displayed,
its now possible to switch if you want to use b+l/r to switch songs or +/- via wiiflow.ini, b_lr_mode in [GENERAL] section,
the video mode for gamecube discs will now be the same than set in the global DML section in wiiflow.ini,
and PAL60 is now settable, with DML r52+ also possible to set PAL 480p and NTSC 480p.

Download via wiiflow directly or http://code.google.com/p/open-wiiflow-mod/downloads/list. I'll read me through the topic asap to see what happend the last days.

Reactions: 1 person

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: