Hacking WiiFlow 4 The Masterpiece Pack by Abz

KindaNoobishQWikLrnr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you need to extract wiiflow folder to /apps/ folder (it should include bin and img folders as well)
also try forcing cios 249 in startup settings
if you did that already post a syscheck

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

many formatting tools are available (many already in the pack)
Thanks I figured it out. The program I was using was saying bytes not kilobytes. Sdxc 128gb works great now.

I have wiiflow set to auto I'll try 249. Everything seems to work smooth now tho I got the 1076 dol off your link that's basically the 1077 right or no? Sys menu is good previews are pretty cool for wii games. I got the classics running great I'm gonna mess with configuring retroarch now for a fba button. Cadillacs and dinosaurs for life. Your theme is pretty badass too I made my own box for a rare snes game and a DVD cover for mplayer once I matched the dimensions of boxcovers I had the ones I made wrapped showing front back etc. pretty cool. May take another stab at adding an emunand so I never have to leave wiiflow. This time I'll follow your above directions much more closely.

Last edited by KindaNoobishQWikLrnr,
Reactions: AbdallahTerro

Tyyco

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi Abdulla and everyone else.

I am very happy with my abilities to manipulate the Wii to do what ever I want however my question is now about WiiU and hacking the virtual Wii.

Now that the Wiiu has landed in the world of a retro console, I would like to start fiddling with it. My 1st ambition is to have the virtual Wii running like I have my current Wii (Wiiflow and Mastermod running beautifully)

Now my questions.

1. Is there a complete guide to placing the Abz's Mastermod on the Wiiu's Virtual Wii.

AND THIS IS THE BIG ONE

2. Currently I have a 500Gb drive attached to the Wiiu as its back up storage memory and it holds all game data and so forth. I also have a 2Tb powered USB drive attached to my Wii holding all my retro backups (and its almost full) that works with Wiiflow.

Now can I have both those drives attached to the WiiU if I hack the Virtual Wii?

As in WiiU - 500Gb USB for WiiU use AND 2Tb USB for Vwii for VWii use - - - - - At the same time?

Any help or susgestions and like always will be gratefully read and considered.

Thanks in advance,

Dave

KindaNoobishQWikLrnr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks I figured it out. The program I was using was saying bytes not kilobytes. Sdxc 128gb works great now.

I have wiiflow set to auto I'll try 249. Everything seems to work smooth now tho I got the 1076 dol off your link that's basically the 1077 right or no? Sys menu is good previews are pretty cool for wii games. I got the classics running great I'm gonna mess with configuring retroarch now for a fba button. Cadillacs and dinosaurs for life. Your theme is pretty badass too I made my own box for a rare snes game and a DVD cover for mplayer once I matched the dimensions of boxcovers I had the ones I made wrapped showing front back etc. pretty cool. May take another stab at adding an emunand so I never have to leave wiiflow. This time I'll follow your above directions much more closely.
When you have the time could you explain how I configure fba alpha with retroarch I have my cps1 and 2 roms zipped in root fba_alpha/roms I have my covers in fba_alpha in boxcovers. I fiddled with retroarch I loaded the right core the game won't launch in retroarch and I selected the right plug in in wiiflow I looked it up on the list of layouts to make sure. Any help would be awesome or any good places to get retroarch wii guides?

KindaNoobishQWikLrnr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When you have the time could you explain how I configure fba alpha with retroarch I have my cps1 and 2 roms zipped in root fba_alpha/roms I have my covers in fba_alpha in boxcovers. I fiddled with retroarch I loaded the right core the game won't launch in retroarch and I selected the right plug in in wiiflow I looked it up on the list of layouts to make sure. Any help would be awesome or any good places to get retroarch wii guides?

Sorry for the doubles guys. Haven't used forums in a while.

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
OP
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Hi Abdulla and everyone else.

I am very happy with my abilities to manipulate the Wii to do what ever I want however my question is now about WiiU and hacking the virtual Wii.

Now that the Wiiu has landed in the world of a retro console, I would like to start fiddling with it. My 1st ambition is to have the virtual Wii running like I have my current Wii (Wiiflow and Mastermod running beautifully)

Now my questions.

1. Is there a complete guide to placing the Abz's Mastermod on the Wiiu's Virtual Wii.

AND THIS IS THE BIG ONE

2. Currently I have a 500Gb drive attached to the Wiiu as its back up storage memory and it holds all game data and so forth. I also have a 2Tb powered USB drive attached to my Wii holding all my retro backups (and its almost full) that works with Wiiflow.

Now can I have both those drives attached to the WiiU if I hack the Virtual Wii?

As in WiiU - 500Gb USB for WiiU use AND 2Tb USB for Vwii for VWii use - - - - - At the same time?

Any help or susgestions and like always will be gratefully read and considered.

Thanks in advance,

Dave
No WiiU here but from what I've read before it should work fine
only difference is the cIOS and forwarder channel. As for multiple HDD it depends on power (some need Y cable on WiiU and the ports used) but in theory I see no problems having such a setup

Sorry for the doubles guys. Haven't used forums in a while.
CPS1 zipped roms should be placed in fba_alpha/roms/cps1
CPS2 zipped roms should be placed in fba_alpha/roms/cps2
NeoGeo zipped roms should be placed in fba_alpha/roms/neo

reload cache and launch the games

KindaNoobishQWikLrnr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No WiiU here but from what I've read before it should work fine
only difference is the cIOS and forwarder channel. As for multiple HDD it depends on power (some need Y cable on WiiU and the ports used) but in theory I see no problems having such a setup

CPS1 zipped roms should be placed in fba_alpha/roms/cps1
CPS2 zipped roms should be placed in fba_alpha/roms/cps2
NeoGeo zipped roms should be placed in fba_alpha/roms/neo

reload cache and launch the games

is that the same configuration though if I want to just use the fb_alpha.dol that can load both cps1 and 2? They work fine on pc in retroarch with the fb_alpha core. I can probably figure out rom paths better now from ini's and the source menu reference chart. what i'm kinda unclear in is what all do I do with how the retroarch stuff is set up in your pack. do I leave the dols in the plugins retroarch-wii folder? I installed the emulator in apps for all the basics like fceugx etc. so I assume retroarch must also be in apps. but I think i'm unclear where some of the retroarch stuff goes. i'm fairly experienced with retroarch on a pc or android but not on wii. anyway thanks for your time. I never put it on my sd from the root of your pack i'm adding it on now to mess with it. I think I've figured out your pack is meant as root and then take out what u want don't want go from there etc.

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
OP
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
is that the same configuration though if I want to just use the fb_alpha.dol that can load both cps1 and 2? They work fine on pc in retroarch with the fb_alpha core. I can probably figure out rom paths better now from ini's and the source menu reference chart. what i'm kinda unclear in is what all do I do with how the retroarch stuff is set up in your pack. do I leave the dols in the plugins retroarch-wii folder? I installed the emulator in apps for all the basics like fceugx etc. so I assume retroarch must also be in apps. but I think i'm unclear where some of the retroarch stuff goes. i'm fairly experienced with retroarch on a pc or android but not on wii. anyway thanks for your time. I never put it on my sd from the root of your pack i'm adding it on now to mess with it. I think I've figured out your pack is meant as root and then take out what u want don't want go from there etc.
yeah I made the pack to be extracted as is to the root because setting up everything can be very cumbersome and tricky.
I don't recommend copying bits and pieces, just extract everything
If you want to remove plugins you can use the source menu editor tool to do so or edit the source menu ini manually

KindaNoobishQWikLrnr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah I made the pack to be extracted as is to the root because setting up everything can be very cumbersome and tricky.
I don't recommend copying bits and pieces, just extract everything
If you want to remove plugins you can use the source menu editor tool to do so or edit the source menu ini manually
Yeah I started to figure out that can cause many problems. I noticed that when I set up genplus gx retroarch for separate master system and game gear buttons that works fine but my fb alpha button I pulled out of your pack and re added to a source menu I edited didn't work cause I had screwed with all the configurations and was missing bits and pieces of things. After reading the ini's of the plugins themselves I got it all sorted out. I'm gonna put the whole pack on top of my pack now and just remove the buttons I don't intend to use but leave all the stuff there. thanks again man.

Reactions: AbdallahTerro

Serfrost

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also posted this as a separate thread, but...

Having an issue I haven't been able to really figure out. I use the same setup on my original Wii and it works fine, with the same harddrive I use for the Wii U.

I use Wiiflow because it can detect multiple partitions so I can keep Gamecube Games (in ISO format) on Partition 1 FAT32 [Nintendont only detects Partition 1], Wii Games (in ISO format) on Partition 2 NTFS to avoid Splitting and Converting, and the rest of my 1.4TB storage for my computer on Partition 3 NTFS.

Wiiflow Mastermod detects Wii games but will not load them; each game results in reboot to the vWii menu. I'm using vWii-alt53 cIOS on slots 57 58 59, 249 250 251, respectfully. I'm using USB Slot 0. I have tried to "Force cIOS 249 / 250 / 251" but then it will refuse to detect my harddrive. If I don't force the cIOS on startup, it reads my harddrive fine. My harddrive is powered through an external adapter and works fine to boot Wii U games, etc.

Gamecube Games boot from Nintendont through Wiiflow without a problem. It's the Wii Games that refuse to boot. I've come to an impasse where I'm having to ask for assistance...

---

So here are some questions:

> Do Wii games REQUIRE to be formatted to WBFS to work on Wii U? I'd rather not have to convert everything.
> Instead of Wiiflow Mastermod, should I use a default build? Though I would MUCH rather avoid this; I have a full library of NES, SNES, GB/C/A, N64 games with all box art, ease-of-access and nostalgia for friends.
> Why would force loading cIOS 249 250 251 at Startup cause Wiiflow to not detect my External HDD?
> Exactly which port on the Wii U is Port 0 used for backup loaders? I'm using the top port on the back.
> Are there any settings in the Wiiflow.ini that I should change to alleviate this issue I'm having?
> Should I use a custom Channel Forwarder to help fix this? If so, link me a WAD?

> Does USB Loader GX vWii support multiple harddrive partitions like mine is set up as? (I can't deviate from my setup, as I only have this one 2TB external for all of this to work like it has for my Wii.)
> Can it also boot Gamecube backups using Nintendont like Wiiflow, otherwise this would be a nogo I guess..?

Anyway... help would be appreciated. I finally got rid of my Stack Dump errors, now having this problem.

Last edited by Serfrost,

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
OP
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Also posted this as a separate thread, but...

Having an issue I haven't been able to really figure out. I use the same setup on my original Wii and it works fine, with the same harddrive I use for the Wii U.

I use Wiiflow because it can detect multiple partitions so I can keep Gamecube Games (in ISO format) on Partition 1 FAT32 [Nintendont only detects Partition 1], Wii Games (in ISO format) on Partition 2 NTFS to avoid Splitting and Converting, and the rest of my 1.4TB storage for my computer on Partition 3 NTFS.

Wiiflow Mastermod detects Wii games but will not load them; each game results in reboot to the vWii menu. I'm using vWii-alt53 cIOS on slots 57 58 59, 249 250 251, respectfully. I'm using USB Slot 0. I have tried to "Force cIOS 249 / 250 / 251" but then it will refuse to detect my harddrive. If I don't force the cIOS on startup, it reads my harddrive fine. My harddrive is powered through an external adapter and works fine to boot Wii U games, etc.

Gamecube Games boot from Nintendont through Wiiflow without a problem. It's the Wii Games that refuse to boot. I've come to an impasse where I'm having to ask for assistance...

---

So here are some questions:

> Do Wii games REQUIRE to be formatted to WBFS to work on Wii U? I'd rather not have to convert everything.
> Instead of Wiiflow Mastermod, should I use a default build? Though I would MUCH rather avoid this; I have a full library of NES, SNES, GB/C/A, N64 games with all box art, ease-of-access and nostalgia for friends.
> Why would force loading cIOS 249 250 251 at Startup cause Wiiflow to not detect my External HDD?
> Exactly which port on the Wii U is Port 0 used for backup loaders? I'm using the top port on the back.
> Are there any settings in the Wiiflow.ini that I should change to alleviate this issue I'm having?
> Should I use a custom Channel Forwarder to help fix this? If so, link me a WAD?

> Does USB Loader GX vWii support multiple harddrive partitions like mine is set up as? (I can't deviate from my setup, as I only have this one 2TB external for all of this to work like it has for my Wii.)
> Can it also boot Gamecube backups using Nintendont like Wiiflow, otherwise this would be a nogo I guess..?

Anyway... help would be appreciated. I finally got rid of my Stack Dump errors, now having this problem.
I recommend trying d2x v10 beta 52 instead of 53 and do trial and error using different usb slots
wiiflow original and mastermod have same code regarding device detection so if one works then the other should work as well

Reactions: Serfrost

Serfrost

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recommend trying d2x v10 beta 52 instead of 53 and do trial and error using different usb slots
wiiflow original and mastermod have same code regarding device detection so if one works then the other should work as well
I tried d2x v10 Beta 52 vWii and I came up with the same problem.

I tried force loading cIOS 249 / 250 / 251 and each one does not detect my external.
I tried forcing AUTO, I get the same result.
I turn the forcing off, and then my external and everything shows up.

Try running a Wii game, immediate reboot; no loading animation for the game.
Try running a Gamecube game, runs without a problem through Wiiflow's forwarder to Nintendont.

Is there anything else I can try? I don't understand why this only happens to the Wii images. I have tried both ISO and WBFS formats, no different.

I have verified the games I've been trying are not corrupted; they run in Dolphin perfectly.

Would running ColdbootHacks for Wii U cause a conflict? I forgot how to turn it off so I'm unable to check what happens when I boot from unpatched Wii U Firm.

Last edited by Serfrost,

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
OP
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
I tried d2x v10 Beta 52 vWii and I came up with the same problem.

I tried force loading cIOS 249 / 250 / 251 and each one does not detect my external.
I tried forcing AUTO, I get the same result.
I turn the forcing off, and then my external and everything shows up.

Try running a Wii game, immediate reboot; no loading animation for the game.
Try running a Gamecube game, runs without a problem through Wiiflow's forwarder to Nintendont.

Is there anything else I can try? I don't understand why this only happens to the Wii images. I have tried both ISO and WBFS formats, no different.

I have verified the games I've been trying are not corrupted; they run in Dolphin perfectly.

Would running ColdbootHacks for Wii U cause a conflict? I forgot how to turn it off so I'm unable to check what happens when I boot from unpatched Wii U Firm.
try copying one wii game to a newly created "wbfs" folder in the Fat32 partition
If the game boots fine then it's a problem from partitioning and you should fix that first

Serfrost

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
try copying one wii game to a newly created "wbfs" folder in the Fat32 partition
If the game boots fine then it's a problem from partitioning and you should fix that first
Game detected until trying to force cIOS again. Same exact issue as the NTFS partition.

I'm going to try a flash drive to see if it may just be my harddrive being incompatible with d2x vWii, but compatible with original Wii...

Serfrost

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
...wow.

Booted right off the bat from my 64GB Flash Drive.

So for some reason d2x vWii is incompatible with my 2TB external, unlike the Wii version.

Wat do? ... Lol

Serfrost

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
some hard drives cause issues, just use one that doesn't :)
Hah, yeah I would have a 1TB external for this separately from my Storage, but I just don't have the cash. :c

I'm going to test my HDD on USB Loader GX to see if it's just an issue through Wiiflow.

--

Edit: Apparently it just doesn't work for either loader. Which is shit. >_> Works on the Wii. /sigh My guess is that since it's both loaders not working, it's an issue with d2x cios.

Last edited by Serfrost,

KindaNoobishQWikLrnr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey this is kind of a meh question cause if it sucks I'll just delete it cause it's a mostly shitty system. The Atari jaguar included in your pack I'm having extreme lag with it and pressing the home button doesn't go to an emulator settings screen like most others do it just goes back to wiiflow and the emulator doesn't show up in the home brew channel. I wanted to mess with it's configuration but wasn't sure how to get to it

Serfrost

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey this is kind of a meh question cause if it sucks I'll just delete it cause it's a mostly shitty system. The Atari jaguar included in your pack I'm having extreme lag with it and pressing the home button doesn't go to an emulator settings screen like most others do it just goes back to wiiflow and the emulator doesn't show up in the home brew channel. I wanted to mess with it's configuration but wasn't sure how to get to it

The emulator should be located within the Plugins folder. If it has options, it may have a .ini

I don't use those emulators though, so I'm not sure. On the contrary, you can add any emulator you want as long as you edit the Wiiflow files to accept your magic numbers, and match those with your Source Menu.

KindaNoobishQWikLrnr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The emulator should be located within the Plugins folder. If it has options, it may have a .ini

I don't use those emulators though, so I'm not sure. On the contrary, you can add any emulator you want as long as you edit the Wiiflow files to accept your magic numbers, and match those with your Source Menu.
Thanks I'll try looking at the ini in plug ins.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, @Psionic Roshambo sorry but im not that used to listening to non game music +1