Hacking WiiConfig 1.0 and WiFi configuration

ale.sasha

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I've a semi-bricked console without WiFi configured and I'd like to configure it. I tried your WiConfig, but when I launch it, it says "WiiConnect 24: Not available".

I've a DLink 524 router working fine (my Nokia and my iPod work fine with it) without any WEP or WPA protection activeted, but I cannot connect...

How can I configure my WiFi connection?

Thanks.
Ale

ale.sasha

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
This should be a possible solution, posted by Waninkoko

QUOTE said:
I am going to explain my reasons by which decidi to remove to the Wii Changer Region like a utility to part:

1. Much people do not have the Wii connected by wifi (thing that does not allow them to use downgrader) but have the possibility of installing firmware of another region with WAD Manager or making an update of the system with a game of different region. I do not want to force to them that to change of region the console they must use only and exclusively downgrader.

2. Soon this the case of which they have the Wii connected by Ethernet. They cannot either use downgrader.

3. Furthermore, this utility can be useful for people with semibrick. Perhaps there is (if there is no it already) people with semibrick and that they do not have formed the connection wifi. Therefore they cannot use downgrader to install the menu of the system of its region. However, they can change to the region of the console and the arreglaria problem without having to hope to that it leaves a new update the menu of the system corresponding to the region of its Wii.

Anyway, Wii Changer Region this thought to be used next to the Downgrader.

Furthermore, semibrick is fixed as soon as the menu of the system corresponding to the new region settles again or changing the region of the console the original one. It is not a indeed serious problem.

Can you explain me how should I un-semibick my wii without using WiFi connection (unluckly I have not configured it yet)? It says that I should change the region of the console, but... To wich region must I change it? My wii is PAL, and I semi-bricked it installing a WAD channel, but I don't know which region has my wii now...

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
semibrick is you cannot access the system settings

what wad did you install?

what part of the wii can you get on?

ale.sasha

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
jan777 said:
semibrick is you cannot access the system settings

what wad did you install?

what part of the wii can you get on?

My wii works fine, but when I try to setup my wii configuration, it gives me an error like this:
QUOTE....
the address mark:eu/eu/eng/index01.html in unavailabe

So it is semi-bricked.

I installed various WADs (I didn't know they were so dangerous) and even if I've already de-installed them, my wii is still semi-bricked (but I already knews this...)
The problem is: I have not a WiFi connection configured, and now it is semi-bricked, WiiConfig doesn't let me to configure the WiFi connection (grrrrrrrr! Next time it will be the FIRST thing i'll configure... With the WiFi connection and with the cIOS downgrader it should be more and more simple!)

Googling, I've found that post by Waninkoko, but I've not understood WHY it is so dangerous changing my wii region (full irreversible brick risk), and I've not understood HOW should I un-semibrick my wii changing my wii region.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKyNPg7UIIc