WiiConfig 1.0 and WiFi configuration

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by ale.sasha, Jan 17, 2009.

Jan 17, 2009
  1. ale.sasha
    OP

Newcomer ale.sasha Newbie

Italy
    I've a semi-bricked console without WiFi configured and I'd like to configure it. I tried your WiConfig, but when I launch it, it says "WiiConnect 24: Not available".

I've a DLink 524 router working fine (my Nokia and my iPod work fine with it) without any WEP or WPA protection activeted, but I cannot connect...

How can I configure my WiFi connection?

Thanks.
    Ale

2. ale.sasha
    OP

Italy
    This should be a possible solution, posted by Waninkoko

Can you explain me how should I un-semibick my wii without using WiFi connection (unluckly I have not configured it yet)? It says that I should change the region of the console, but... To wich region must I change it? My wii is PAL, and I semi-bricked it installing a WAD channel, but I don't know which region has my wii now...

3. jan777

Member jan777 motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz

Philippines
    semibrick is you cannot access the system settings

what wad did you install?

what part of the wii can you get on?

4. ale.sasha
    OP

Italy
    So it is semi-bricked.

I installed various WADs (I didn't know they were so dangerous) and even if I've already de-installed them, my wii is still semi-bricked (but I already knews this...)
    The problem is: I have not a WiFi connection configured, and now it is semi-bricked, WiiConfig doesn't let me to configure the WiFi connection (grrrrrrrr! Next time it will be the FIRST thing i'll configure... With the WiFi connection and with the cIOS downgrader it should be more and more simple!)

Googling, I've found that post by Waninkoko, but I've not understood WHY it is so dangerous changing my wii region (full irreversible brick risk), and I've not understood HOW should I un-semibrick my wii changing my wii region.

5. djtaz

Member djtaz PM's Full - Wadder Me

Ireland
    I presume you have a PAL wii in a PAl region ?
    What version of code are you on ?