Wii64 / HID controllers?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by kardus, Feb 6, 2015.

1. kardus
    OP

kardus Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 17, 2015
    Canada
    This isn't specifically a Wii U question, but I was wondering if there were any forks of Wii64 or if anyone was able to get HID controllers working with this emulator similar to nintendont?

Reason being, there's no way to use the emulator's gamecube controller support since there's no cube ports on the Wii U, limiting inputs. It would be really nice to play n64 games with the nintendo gamecube adapter or n64 to USB adapters. I know there are controller -> wiimote adapters but I would prefer a non-wireless solution that also doesn't require multiple wiimotes.

2. jammybudga777

jammybudga777 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 23, 2013
    other then the problems with remote. there isnt anything that really runs full speed on wii64?? kinda pointless for someone to put in so much effort for something that doesnt work well in the first place :/

3. pokeparadox

pokeparadox GBAtemp Regular

Dec 31, 2008
    Not64 works pretty well though... but still no USB HID support.

jammybudga777 likes this.
  4. jammybudga777

Aug 23, 2013
    can you tell me what works pretty well on it other then mario kart 64/mario partys? and maybe zelda ? ive tried donkey kong and it glitches everywhere lol as well as others. ill try it out this afternoon if alot actually works in a playable state :)

5. pokeparadox

pokeparadox GBAtemp Regular

Dec 31, 2008
    Blast Corps, apart from some very minor graphical glitches,Star Fox, Goldeneye(Some slow down), and Diddy Kong Racing. There may be more but those the ones I remember trying out and finding playable.

jammybudga777 likes this.
  6. jammybudga777

Aug 23, 2013
    diddy kong racing and golden eye you say?? i have to check this out both gotta b top games of n64 gen

pokeparadox likes this.
  7. ReyMC

ReyMC Member

Newcomer
    Sep 11, 2014
    It would be nice to have HID support in this emulator.

8. AfroJackX

AfroJackX GBAtemp Regular

Jul 18, 2013
    United States
    You should download the update that came out yesterday for better compatibility.

9. Pacheko17

Pacheko17 かっこい男の子

Jan 31, 2015
    Brazil
    Somewhere in the south
    I think HID will never happen. It IS possible, but hackers don't even care. Only homebrew i saw with HID was Nintendon't, which works REALLY well, and since i use a Familly Wii, it's the only way for me to play the games correctly... I really wish that the Wii hacking community gave a sh*t about this. It just gets on my nerves. If i understood anything about hacking, i would try something, but i don't know anything. Only language i know is C#.

ReyMC likes this.