Wii #XXXX - The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (USA)

sieurvaa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hey guys, this is for those who may want to play it on Dolphin.

This is my Dolphin config. Skyward Sword runs perfectly on it : no graphics issues, no sound issues and no framerate issues. I was getting lighting/shadows issues while running with Dx9, but it disappeard with Dx11. Don't forget to deactivate Cache Display Lists in the Hack tab, or Link's sword will be invisible.

Version : Dolphin 7692M

Depending on your hardware, you may want to tweak a little anti-aliasing, internal resolution and anisotropic filtering in the Enhancements tab

DrFalken

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
what do i need to do to get cfg usb loader to boot the game from disc without giving a partition error? helllllllllllllllp ;-) lol ty
all my IOS and bases are updated according to the wiiflow wiki chart.

i launch cfg usb loader, wait, change to load from sd card, select the only fat partition and then it launches the GUI to CFG USB Loader. I select Boot Disc and it recognizes the disc, but I get an error about an Open Partition.
Although you are an advanced member, so pardon my dutch, just to make sure, you're not trying this on a red/black or recent white wii with a D3-2 DVD drive? because that won't ever work.
Won't matter if he uses an USB Loader
of course if he loads the game from usb/sd then there is no problem, but he was trying to boot the disc from/within the usbloader.

impizkit

Lazy Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
what do i need to do to get cfg usb loader to boot the game from disc without giving a partition error? helllllllllllllllp ;-) lol ty

i launch cfg usb loader, wait, change to load from sd card, select the only fat partition and then it launches the GUI to CFG USB Loader. I select Boot Disc and it recognizes the disc, but I get an error about an Open Partition.
Although you are an advanced member, so pardon my dutch, just to make sure, you're not trying this on a red/black or recent white wii with a D3-2 DVD drive? because that won't ever work.
of course if he loads the game from usb/sd then there is no problem, but he was trying to boot the disc from/within the usbloader.
Never used burned discs, but if its a launch wii and hacked, cant it just run burned discs from the disc channel? I have a launch wii as well.

gameandmatch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What about running it on Wiiflow? I have the newest version installed, and all the newer d2x files from the Wiki, but it just takes me back to the Wii Menu as well...
READ! You have to turn disable autoreload IOS on. Or whatever its called in Wiiflow. Its a default in CFG. I have said this about 20 times today.

So many noob questions here. If only you bastards would read instead of asking the same questions over and over.

Well we do have about 28 pages so I highly doubt a newcomer would read through and see if the question was already asked.

DrFalken

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

Never used burned discs, but if its a launch wii and hacked, cant it just run burned discs from the disc channel? I have a launch wii as well.
well for disc channel to work you need a modchipped wii or darkcorp , uneek, wode.

purechaos996

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Having a bit of trouble on my friends wii, (works fine on mine) we are loading from USB he ran Pimp My Wii and installed any mission IOS's and then installed D2x's cIOS but it still won't boot, it sends him back to the wii menu, I'm not exactly sure why so any help?

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, this is for those who may want to play it on Dolphin.

This is my Dolphin config. Skyward Sword runs perfectly on it : no graphics issues, no sound issues and no framerate issues. I was getting lighting/shadows issues while running with Dx9, but it disappeard with Dx11. Don't forget to deactivate Cache Display Lists in the Hack tab, or Link's sword will be invisible.

Version : Dolphin 7692M

Depending on your hardware, you may want to tweak a little anti-aliasing, internal resolution and anisotropic filtering in the Enhancements tab

Hey thanks man, that's actually very thoughtful of you! I needed this. (now we'll see how it runs on my mac)

misticknight

Trophies
XP
Country
Anyone else have this happen to em? I loaded it this morning fine (after leaving it to DL all night) then i turned it off and when i tried to play again it stopped working.So i restarted tried again and it still didnt work. I installed the d2x files after just incase and it worked so its not really a problem but it was still weird , i mean why work to begin with? Since peopel are saying those files were needed for kirby i played and finished kirby fine without ever installing d2x, before today i hadn't updated my Wii for a year. i think i was still on cIOS rev 14 actually lol.

impizkit

Lazy Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Having a bit of trouble on my friends wii, (works fine on mine) we are loading from USB he ran Pimp My Wii and installed any mission IOS's and then installed D2x's cIOS but it still won't boot, it sends him back to the wii menu, I'm not exactly sure why so any help?
And yet again.

DrFalken

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
how big is the iso file supposed to be? mines only 2.6 gb..
it should be 4.6 GB like every other wii iso, so you're having a incomplete iso. Even the wbfs file is 4.1gb, wich could be cleaned by kicking out the motion+ demo video's in 3 languages from the iso with wii scrubber (120mb). Then it could be fit without file splitting on a sd/usb stick with fat32 ;-).

FlameEye

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I figured it out, use player.dol as the alternate .dol. And voila, done! You can switch it back after loading it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @The Real Jdbye, there wasnt even a conversation in place