Gaming Wii worth the money?

unnkown95

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
but just get a used one off ebay or craigslist no need to buy one new, and mod it get a hard drive for it 2 or 3 wiimotes and your set to go

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Lightning said:
Without mod too!

If you have money, do NEVER mod it, if you want homebrew. Then yeah mod it. But buy the games like I do!

Pointless sentiment. Not every game is worth buying. Lots are worth playing, a good few are worth paying for.

Theraima

I own this desert, bitches!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
Definately worth getting! So far Im loving it, sure the graphics arent that great but Wii can still pull off amazing stuff. SMG2, NMH2, Monster Hunter Tri and the list is long. Many great games.

sebastian9

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lightning said:
Without mod too!

If you have money, do NEVER mod it, if you want homebrew. Then yeah mod it. But buy the games like I do!

Don't listen to this idiot, he's just trying to get you to support a failing system. Only get a wii if you plan on modding it, other than that, it's pretty much as useful as a brick. Only 1-2 games a year are actually worth buying, but you should save your money, and dl backups.

EvangelionEX

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
sebastian9 said:
Lightning said:
Without mod too!

Don't listen to this idiot, he's just trying to get you to support a failing system. Only get a wii if you plan on modding it, other than that, it's pretty much as useful as a brick. Only 1-2 games a year are actually worth buying, but you should save your money, and dl backups.

Only if you HAVE enough money to mod it, not sure about the price but...go check it out geez XD

And, yes, it's worth getting it. Not too sure whether to mod or not(though modding is highly recommended by tons of people), there are games that are worth buying(not tons of them IIRC).

PeregrinFig

A miserable little pile of secrets
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
EvangelionEX said:
sebastian9 said:
Lightning said:
Without mod too!

Only if you HAVE enough money to mod it, not sure about the price but...go check it out geez XD

And, yes, it's worth getting it. Not too sure whether to mod or not(though modding is highly recommended by tons of people), there are games that are worth buying(not tons of them IIRC).
Enough money to mod it? A softmod is free.

I'd say it's worth it, at first it's a white plastic brick but after you softmod it becomes a magical dream box. I seriously got almost no enjoyment out of my Wii until I discovered all I needed was an SD card to hack it, and now I use it pretty much every day for something.

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
sebastian9 said:
Wii is a failing system? Sorry pal but I don't agree with you at all. I have my Wii as a launch model and I only modded it two years later. I don't regret my decision on buying a Wii before and after modding. Enlight me why you consider Wii to be a failure. Lack of HD? Wii's graphics are pretty impressive even without HD.

gloweyjoey

who??
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes it is worth the money
yaywii.gif

lordrand11

The Wheel of Time Turns and Ages Come And Pass.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would mostly depend on your genre preferences. But the homebrew on the Wii is definitely worthy of it(That and Donkey Kong Country Returns and maybe Super Smash Bros Brawl.)

rockstar99

Hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
sebastian9 said:
Lightning said:
Without mod too!

unsure.gif
sure.......

On topic.. the Wii is worth every penny

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
If you want emulation of anything newer than N64, you shouldn't buy it. Emulators for the N64 and PSX are in development, but it's still going to take a long time to get those running properly.
SNES, NES and basically everything older (DS and GBA too though) are very playable, but I never amused myself with those (older) games.

The games, the main goal of the Wii IMHO is party games. Social games, games with a few people, are the best games for Wii.
If you are looking for an immense experience like for example Fallout 3/New Vegas, Oblivion or Mass Effect, you're just looking on the wrong platform. The Wii doesn't have any great RPG's (so far), and frankly, Zelda/SMG just doesn't cut it for me.
If you like platforming games though, immediately get it for NSMB Wii (thanks to that modding tool, the possibilities are endless), SMG and SMG 2. You'll get an OD on terrific platforming games on this platform
smile.gif

For homebrew and hackability, get it immediately. WiiMC just turned my Wii into a whole media center, amazing stuff.

brihan00

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I agree once you mod your wii, it becomes a completely different console all together. WiiMC is good, but a little flawed, needs some improvement to equal the XBMC level. If you are looking for a fun console, Wii is the one for you. It is definitely worth the money to put into if you are going to mod it. If not, then not really.
To the poster that said no good RPG's- Arc Rise Fantasia and Sakura Wars are good RPG's. Not great, but better than having nothing on the console.
yaywii.gif

Lost Wisdom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought a wii, mod it and still thought it was a waste of money. There isn't any worth while games on the wii. I had to play mostly gamecube games to be entertained.

I flashed my 360 and never looked back.

thebigboss14

Trophies
Website
thebigboss14.deviantart.com
XP
Country
United States
The Wii is the console you and your family will love to have if you playing to get all the juice out of it and don't worry the only thing wrong is the graphics but there are games that avoid that disadvantage like Monster Hunter Tri, Super Mario Galaxy 1 & 2, Super Smash Brother Brawl, Metroid.. and also you can play Games like Call of Duty and many more... I don't regret buying my Wii because I had so much fun with it you can't even imagine.. I highly recommend it to you
wink.gif

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've had all 3 consoles (sold the PS3 as it's just too similar to the 360 imo, which I'd got a good library of games for), and seriously, the Wii is my favourite one without a doubt! Recent months have seen a good selection of quality games released, Mario Galaxy 2 is one of the best games ever, it's a fabulous party machine (I have Kinect for my 360 but it doesn't hold anything to the Wii for playing at a party imo), and when modded makes for a fantastic emulation machine (and I disagree about PS1 emulation - lots of games are very playable using the most recent WiiSX with the usb2 mod!)
Course, I wouldn't do without the 360 either, but unlike the 360 & the PS3, the 'Wii60' combo works really well for me!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I haven't played my Switch n a month or so, just been playing Xbox, and just picked to play lil...