Gaming Wii worth the money?

brihan00

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey isneeze and Shadowsoldier, put your e-penises back in those trousers of yours. Start another topic for arguing. OP just wants opinions, not opinions on another opinions. Time to close this thread admin if this is where it is going.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I've never had a Console before that I play everyday. Untill the Wii came.

Everything, almost from the start of video games can be played on the Wii if you mod it.
It's really a library of "history of games "if you know how to use it.

Anyway, the Wii has a lot of games worth buying. Unlike older Nintendo systems ( ussally a few games worth buying that had replay valeu )

Wii has a very good game library IMHO, compared to my Xbox and PS3.
HD graphics get old fast. After a while I kinda missed the easy of pointing at my screen....
And The Wii exclusive games are really milestones in video games history.
( Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Donkey Kong, Monster Hunter Tri, Mariokart, Upcoming RPG's. Virtual Console, Free child friendly online gaming.
Cheap, small, silent, nice design, cheaper games, Friendly deep gameplay in first and better 3rd party games only found at Nintendo, Very Loyal fanbase, gamers of all ages: I'm thirty two and still enjoy games on Wii and the VC games I grew up with offcourse, My kids like the Wii too and play the games I played as a kid too,again, sharing memories etc...)
It's new and has a firm foot in the past. It covers the whole gaming history. What other console or company can do that?

sebastian9

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
By the power invested in me, I hereby declare the Nintendo Wii system to be the equivalent of a pile of bricks upon purchase.

Sig check.
laugh.gif

PeregrinFig

A miserable little pile of secrets
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The Wii doesn't have a lot of hardcore games, but what it does have is amazing. I'd personally take Monster Hunter Tri over any form of CoD or Halo any day. I still play SNES-era RPGs for entertainment, so obviously graphics don't matter to me.

Empoleom

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
@isneeze: but you can't compare ps3/xbox 360 with wii, both have games with "adrenaline" and "good graphics", but both have diferent games, some are betters then others, they both complement itself.
a true gamer would want to play both systems

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
sebastian9 said:
By the power invested in me, I hereby declare the Nintendo Wii system to be the equivalent of a pile of bricks upon purchase.

Sig check.
laugh.gif

sebastian9 said:
QUOTE(Wever @ Dec 27 2010, 07:50 PM) @sebastian9: though I disagree with your view...I must say your signature is pretty hilarious.
laugh.gif

The original is even more comical. I'm not allowed to embed it, so you can view it here .
smile.gif

Ya, we get it. I reported your original post for a reason.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
sebastian9 said:

Sig check.
laugh.gif

Lol, bricks are important. You build houses with them. Do you know how important houses are? And how much they cost?
On the other hand you can throw bricks too. I think they are very good valeu for money!
So go right ahead compare the Wii to something EVERYBODY HAS! Good to compare it to something that really can't be missed in "the real world".

Yesterday I compared my PS3 with something.....The best thing I could think of, was the George Foreman Grill....
Looks the same, almost the same temperature, BUT NOT NEAR AS USEFULL AS BRICKS...lol

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
PeregrinFig said:
The Wii doesn't have a lot of hardcore games, but what it does have is amazing. I'd personally take Monster Hunter Tri over any form of CoD or Halo any day. I still play SNES-era RPGs for entertainment, so obviously graphics don't matter to me.

Acctually it has almost more Hardcore games than any previous Nintendo system...go figure...
I also play all those RPG's...

I don't like the realistic graphics at all off some new games.
I also think the PS3 is hyped for it's graphics.
My 60 euro Graphics card and my crappy duo core pc, Do a far better job.
I also have the PS Move...it's kinda cool...But not nearly as good as the Wii's motion controls.
And the PS3 get A LOT OF "sports and party" games too! Also a lot of shovelware!
Lets'not forget The Wii is 5 years old allready.

You can feel sony is trying to catch up....DESPITE of it's HD possibilities.

I rather play something imagenitive and original.
On a system that started it all, with a legacy of games.
It's nice to have ALL Nintendo and a lot of Sega systems in one console.
Atari 2600, MSX, PS one etc it's all there.

And Monster hunter is EPIC. I'd buy a Wii just for Zelda and Mario. Those games alone would justify a buy.
Add some top notch third and first party games...You cannot go wrong.

( I have Bought 20+ games for Wii. Compared to my 7 PS3 games, wich I don't play anymore)
My Xbox collects dust ( Halo is overhyped ) And I WILL NOT PAY FOR ITS INTERNET SERVICES!
I think I pay enough to my ISP allready.

beard00

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If you haven´t played the really good games that are exclusively for Wii (there are about 5 of them, not many more), I think they are worth to be played and thus I would say Wii is worth its cost second-handed (so that you can sell it for about the same money you paid for it after you have completed the 5 good games there are for the console).

About 99% of Wii games are total crap, and at the moment it seems there is only one good game still going to be released for the Wii and that is the new Zelda game. After I have completed the Wii Zelda game I think I will sell my Wii.

w!!

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I had to go through it all again, I'd probably start with the PS3. Good game selection and the bonus of an upgradeable blu-ray player with full HD support, hulu, and other apps. The wii is worth it if you want homebrew/softmod/cheap games... BUT most of the games for the wii are shovel-ware, don't get me wrong, there are a few gems worth getting the system for... and I do enjoy playing it a bit, but the vast majority of games are blah... imo. Also, with the motion sensors being added to the other systems, i'm not sure it will have the edge/appeal it did when it first launched... also, most of the "gem" games don't even take advantage of or use the motion controls for anything significant.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have blu ray for movies not for games.
It's just a marketing trick by sony to sell blu ray drives. ( it's their product )
Absolutely NOT needed for the actual games.

A few "gems" and really must own games IMHO:

Zelda TP, and Upcoming Skyward Sword ( full motion control )
Resident evil series. ( 5 games ) RE 4 is 10 times better on Wii than it EVER was with the Wii controls.
Mario Galaxy 1 and 2: Do i need to say more?
Monster Hunter tri: Classic controller usage is AWESOME
Madworld: fantastic motion controls....
Rune factory Frontier : Just ...enjoy
Tales of symphonia : Dated graphics but good story and gameplay.
Smash Bros. Brawl : Super ,super cool online or with friends. Looks awesome!
Tatsunoko vs capcom : Super fast flashy figher,That ANYONE can play. But when it comes to the nitty gritty, the boys are seprated from the men. Deep gameplay if you want it.
Medal of Honor Heroes 2 ( 32 plp online! ) Very good Motion controls, plys like a dream. Graphics a bit datet, Online is epic.
Okami : 10 times better with the Wii controls. I have the original on PS2. This is better.
Metroid Pime Trilogy: Most EPIC series in the franchise I think.If you like SF adventures. This is the Holy Grail.
Donkey kong Country Returns : Up for a hard game/ Fun addicting, good looking experience? Buy this.
Upcoming Xenoblade : Can't wait!
Upcoming Tales of Graces : can't wait!
Phantom Brave : old skool RPG. deep story, fantastic gameplay!
Golden eye : Very good, film like, shooter.
MarioKart Wii : Nothing is more fun tahn Marikart in multiplayer, be it online or local.
Fatal Frame 4 ( translated or Import ) : close the curtain, Turn the tv louder, play preferably after midnight...
Sin and Punishment 2 : arcade hardcore sooter. Super visuals.

For VC:
Zelda OOT and MM : A must own, or at least play it
Zelda -a link to the past : buy.
The legend of zelda 1 and 2: to make it complete.
All mario platformers NES,SNES, N64. : it raises the value of your Wii!

Add Full gamecube backward compatibilty, and you have a very GOOD game system.
I think there are More good titles on Wii than on previous systems. It's like a collection.
Add the homebrew capabilities and it's awesome. EVEN after 5 years on the go!

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Monster Hunter Tri
Fragile Dreams: Farewell ruins of the moon
Metroid Prime Trilogy
Mario Galaxy 1-2
No More Heroes 1, 2
Sin & Punishment 2
Muramasa: The Demon's blade
A boy and his blob
Rune Factory Frontier
Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn
The House of the Dead games
MadWorld
Kirby's Epic yarn
Little King's Story
Okami
Phantom Brave
Sonic Colors
Trauma Center games, as well as Trauma Team

And a whole bunch of others I can't remember at the moment. The Wii is a great console, and I actually buy my games. Maybe I have too much money to burn, but I just can't stand seeing developers dying because of the lack of sales. "But they already get enough money! The big developers especially!" Big developers yes, everyone else, no. Marvelous Entertainment was in the reds and almost had to call Bankruptcy right there. Barely saved.

Fun tip. MadWorld and House of the Dead games sold so poorly that Sega decided to stop publishing M rated games entirely. The more ya know.

beard00

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ojsinnerz. said:

Do you seriously enjoy House of the dead games on the Wii? I played one of the series and thought it lagged like hell and wasn´t enjoyable at all to play.

And the no more heroes 2 game, I tried it for 10 minutes and got rid of the game. It just felt terrible to play.

Also the new Goldeneye game just isn´t very good in my opinion. Maybe I´m just spoiled by some of the newer PC fps games though.

Here's my list of Wii exclusive games that are really worth playing:

Super Mario Galaxy 1&2
Mario Kart Wii
Metroid Prime 3
DK Country Returns

I might have forgotten one or two good games, but that´s about it.. Funny fact: All of the games I listed are sequels.

iSneeze

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
sebastian9 said:

Sig check.
laugh.gif

WIN!

I mean.. err.. We share the same opinion
biggrin.gif

sebastian9

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hielkenator said:
sebastian9 said:

Sig check.
laugh.gif

Lol, bricks are important. You build houses with them. Do you know how important houses are? And how much they cost?
On the other hand you can throw bricks too. I think they are very good valeu for money!
So go right ahead compare the Wii to something EVERYBODY HAS! Good to compare it to something that really can't be missed in "the real world".

Yesterday I compared my PS3 with something.....The best thing I could think of, was the George Foreman Grill....
Looks the same, almost the same temperature, BUT NOT NEAR AS USEFULL AS BRICKS...lol

Am I supposed to be surprised that bricks, well in this case "A BRICK", is part of your everyday life? Thanks for stating the obvious.

5ea3vo.jpg
What Hielkenator prides himself on using everyday.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
beard00 said:
ojsinnerz. said:

Do you seriously enjoy House of the dead games on the Wii? I played one of the series and thought it lagged like hell and wasn´t enjoyable at all to play.

And the no more heroes 2 game, I tried it for 10 minutes and got rid of the game. It just felt terrible to play.

Also the new Goldeneye game just isn´t very good in my opinion. Maybe I´m just spoiled by some of the newer PC fps games though.

Super Mario Galaxy 1&2
Mario Kart Wii
Metroid Prime 3
DK Country Returns

I might have forgotten one or two good games, but that´s about it.. Funny fact: All of the games I listed are sequels.

No More Heroes is great, the only thing that ruined the experience for me for #2 was the table my older sister had was interfering, it was a ceramic table or something like that. But I really enjoyed the first game.

House of the Dead Overkill is great mindless fun too. Just skip all the terrible cutscenes, and it's a great game.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
ShadowSoldier said:
beard00 said:
ojsinnerz. said:

Super Mario Galaxy 1&2
Mario Kart Wii
Metroid Prime 3
DK Country Returns

No More Heroes is great, the only thing that ruined the experience for me for #2 was the table my older sister had was interfering, it was a ceramic table or something like that. But I really enjoyed the first game.

House of the Dead Overkill is great mindless fun too. Just skip all the terrible cutscenes, and it's a great game.

Oh man I wished they made a sequel to that one...
FYI the cutscenes were supposed to be a bit crappy. I was intended to have that Mature B movie feel. It was part of the gimmick.
If you Like the Movie Braindead and Bad Taste etc you know what I mean.

AWESOME STORY.

No more Heroes is also a Cult game. Awesome story if you like that kind of things.

Am I supposed to be surprised that bricks, well in this case "A BRICK", is part of your everyday life? Thanks for stating the obvious.

brick.jpg

Ah...just look at it...all those holes...BEAUTIFULL!!! A Work of art!

playstation-3-grill_12.jpg

Well, it looks nice, but it's done before....

129189334217350816.jpg

Well I rest my case.
Sony takes the prize for being original...lol

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Oh I know HOTD OK was supposed to have shitty cutscenes, but I don't know, it just didn't appeal to me. It just felt boring more than stupid I guess. I wasn't a fan of every second word being "Fuck". If it was spread out or something, that'd be different. Then again, I was also playing the game while I was shit tired, so maybe if I go back to it with full energy, I might enjoy the cutscenes, but the gameplay is great.

The only other negative about the game is it's tooooo fucking dark. I had to turn the tv brightness up full blast just to see the damn things a little bit.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ