Hardware Wii won't turn on.

NANASHI89

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have- or had, a modded wii that just went defunct. It was plugged into a surge protector, and when the power to our house restored, The light on the wii won't turn on at all.

How do I get it working again?

Thx in advance!

Clarky

Don't you know who I think I am?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
have you tried taking the plug directly into the oulet instead of the surge protector? i had a siimilar issue with mine once but turned out the pins on the plug were slightly bent where i had unplugged it before

Frank Cadena

Trophies
XP
Country
Power supply problems maybe? Had that happen to me. Could have fried either the surge protector, sacrificed itself to spare your Wii, or the the power supply adapter. Worst case scenario is the Wii itself is toast.

BitBandit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
First try totally unplugging your Wii from all power and leave it for 5 minutes or so (unplug the power supply from the power and also from the Wii). While you're waiting you should test the surge protector by plugging in something else into it just to make sure that it's still work and that it hasn't sacrificed itself while protecting your Wii.

What does unplugging the power supply do? It resets it. This worked for me when I returned from a holiday only to find that my Wii wouldn't turn on.

See http://www.jordoncooper.com/2011/10/15/when-your-nintendo-wii-wont-turn-on/

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you look @[member='Nintendo']'s official site it's a security measure in place so you need to completely unplug everything from your Wii, this includes the GC ports and detatch anything from wall or T.V. that's what the instructions say if you press google enough times :)

Here you go -> http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/wii/en_na/ts_system.jsp

3bbb7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
one time i had this issue. i unplugged all my cords from the wii and then let it sit a few hours and it worked later

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: horny jail is full la