Wii won't turn on.

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by NANASHI89, Jul 1, 2012.

Jul 1, 2012

Wii won't turn on. by NANASHI89 at 6:34 PM (731 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. NANASHI89
    OP

Member NANASHI89 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I have- or had, a modded wii that just went defunct. It was plugged into a surge protector, and when the power to our house restored, The light on the wii won't turn on at all.

How do I get it working again?

Thx in advance!

2. beta4attack

Member beta4attack GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    The same thing happened to me. All I did was unplug the Wii for like an hour then put it back on and it worked.

3. Clarky

Member Clarky Don't you know who I think I am?

United States
    have you tried taking the plug directly into the oulet instead of the surge protector? i had a siimilar issue with mine once but turned out the pins on the plug were slightly bent where i had unplugged it before

4. Frank Cadena

Member Frank Cadena GBAtemp Fan

Brunei
    Power supply problems maybe? Had that happen to me. Could have fried either the surge protector, sacrificed itself to spare your Wii, or the the power supply adapter. Worst case scenario is the Wii itself is toast.

5. Luigi2012SM64DS

Banned Luigi2012SM64DS G-old member

Canada
    this is why electronics aren't supposed to be used in places where the power breaks alot.
    you need a new wii im afraid.

6. BitBandit

Newcomer BitBandit Member

New Zealand
    First try totally unplugging your Wii from all power and leave it for 5 minutes or so (unplug the power supply from the power and also from the Wii). While you're waiting you should test the surge protector by plugging in something else into it just to make sure that it's still work and that it hasn't sacrificed itself while protecting your Wii.

What does unplugging the power supply do? It resets it. This worked for me when I returned from a holiday only to find that my Wii wouldn't turn on.

See http://www.jordoncooper.com/2011/10/15/when-your-nintendo-wii-wont-turn-on/

7. kylster

Member kylster mich weich töten

United States
    If you look @[member='Nintendo']'s official site it's a security measure in place so you need to completely unplug everything from your Wii, this includes the GC ports and detatch anything from wall or T.V. that's what the instructions say if you press google enough times :)

Here you go -> http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/wii/en_na/ts_system.jsp

8. 3bbb7

Member 3bbb7 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    one time i had this issue. i unplugged all my cords from the wii and then let it sit a few hours and it worked later