Hardware Wii won't boot -- black screen -- no video output

Brent72

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys. I picked up a dead wii that needs repair. It has never been modded before. When I press the power button, the light turns green, and slot glows blue when I press eject, but I do not get the health/safety screen... just a black screen and no audio or video signal to the tv. I do not know if the wii was dropped or overheated to cause this problem, or if perhaps it happened while updating, or what. It is a LU31 from USA.

My questions are... what are the possible problems, and what could I try to fix it myself? Could it be the bluetooth module, or would a bad bluetooth module get stuck at the health/safety screen without being able to Press A ? I understand that it could be a bad NAND... if so, could I replace something inside, such as the drive circuit board or something which would contain the NAND? Would a 3rd party "repair shop" that I see all over the internet be able to fix this problem? Or is my only hope to send it to the big N ?

Thanks guys.

DVS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You bought a fully bricked Wii. Try go on Nintendo's warrranty site and enter your Wii serial number, to see if it is still under warranty. If not your only choice is to pay nintendo and get a refurbished unit in return. Or use it for parts.

Tonitonichopchop

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DVS said:
You bought a fully bricked Wii. Try go on Nintendo's warrranty site and enter your Wii serial number, to see if it is still under warranty. If not your only choice is to pay nintendo and get a refurbished unit in return. Or use it for parts.

Buying a dead wii is usually good if you're on a budget and are handy enough to fix it. I'd take a look inside and check out all of the parts, or just follow what the guy above me said.

DVS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oops forgot about this. Try the savemiifrii. If it works and if you still get a black screen then it might be your bluetooth module. If savemiifrii doesn't work then it is fully bricked.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-