OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi!
This is my first post, so bear with me.

I am trying to "rehack" my wii. Back on system menu 4.2 I had hacked, and used homebrew extensively, but never any USB loaders or Neogamma or Darkcorp. I did have DVDx installed. I (stupidly) restored my wii and upgraded to 4.3.

I was able to use smash stack to install the HBC and bootmii. Priiloader also works fine. I used a ios 236 installer, not sure of the origin, to install a patched ios 36 into 236 for use with Wad manager. All of thie works fine.

Now I am trying to install loader software, USBloader GX or CFG Usb Loader.

I followed this guide
2. Install DOP-Mii

Download: http://bit.ly/gXcvrA

Extract to /apps/ on SD:

Run DOP-Mii and select "Install IOS36 (v3351) w/FakeSign" from the menu.

Say yes to all patches and then download them

Restore IOS15 to v523

Re-run DOP-Mii

Select "(IOS:36)"

Select "IOS, BC, mIOS"

Say no to the "use AHBPROT" prompt

Uninstall IOS222, 223, 249, and 250, BUT NOT ANY OTHER IOS!

3. Install cIOS

Download: http://bit.ly/hdLo2Z

Extract to /apps/ on SD:

Run cIOS and install "IOS36" (you might have to use the D-pad to select it)

Select "Network Installation"

I followed it to the letter, and then installed a custom theme with Menuify.

What else do I need to do? Will it work? I want to know before I pay my money for a HDD...

Brian

brianBTB

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lacius said:
The way you have it setup, yes; it should work. However, I recommend cIOSX rev21 d2x v2 instead of rev17 like the guide had you install.

Also, sysCheck is a wonderful way to paste what exactly is on one's Wii.
Hmm, I have syscheck, but it freezes on IOS 36. Have to reboot...
Has not happened in the past.

The last syscheck I ran was last week, when I was trying to install darkcorp. After install, It shows Trucha for nearly every IOS. However, I cannot post it...
I restored my NAND back from my SD, It only had Homebrew Channel, not any other mods...

And I believe I did install v21 instead of v17, It gave me a link on the v17 webpage.

Brian

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
brianBTB said:
Hmm, I have syscheck, but it freezes on IOS 36. Have to reboot...Make sure you are using the version I linked to.

QUOTE(brianBTB @ Feb 8 2011, 09:20 PM) And I believe I did install v21 instead of v17, It gave me a link on the v17 webpage.
Then you should be good to go. However, if you used the default settings and installed rev21 using base 58, you might run into some problems. I recommend you use cIOSX rev21 d2x v2 installing 249dx56 and 250dx57.

brianBTB

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lacius said:
brianBTB said:
And I believe I did install v21 instead of v17, It gave me a link on the v17 webpage.
Then you should be good to go. However, if you used the default settings and installed rev21 using base 58, you might run into some problems. I recommend you use cIOSX rev21 d2x v2 installing 249dx56 and 250dx57.

I installed with base 36.

I have no way of getting d2x, I cannot run the ModMii... I have ubuntu...

Brian

brianBTB

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks to all of your help, I have succeeded in setting up CFG USB loader and running a game!

Thanks Alot Lacius for the WADs.
Will It make a difference I installed the cIOS wads without uninstalling cIOS? I didnt know how...

Brian

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Doesn't make the slightest difference (you may want to keep a bit of caution with numbers below 200, though). I install cIOS'es over each other all the time and have yet to see the first problem with it.
smile.gif

brianBTB

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One final question, I have read that with some games you need an alternate DOL or you need to patch the game, this confuses me, can someone explain?

Brian

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
brianBTB said:
One final question, I have read that with some games you need an alternate DOL or you need to patch the game, this confuses me, can someone explain?
Not so sure about patching games, but with a few games, one needs to use the alternate dol method in order to load it. This usually occurs with games that use IOS reloading. To do it, go into the settings of a game in CFG Loader and choose a different dol file.

brianBTB

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lacius said:
Not so sure about patching games, but with a few games, one needs to use the alternate dol method in order to load it. This usually occurs with games that use IOS reloading. To do it, go into the settings of a game in CFG Loader and choose a different dol file.

Ok, how do I get these alternate DOL files, and how do I know I need them?

Brian

P.S. I read somewhere that there was one game now which has special security and checks to make sure it is a disk or something like that, and shuts off if it is a USB game. You had to extract the ISO, patch it with a computer program, then put it back. that is what I meant by patching.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I see your mop and raise you George's mop lol