• Thread starter Deleted_171835
  • Start date
  • Views 2,236
  • Replies 22
D

Deleted_171835

OP
xlarge.jpg

According to Kotaku, a rep for accessory company PDP leaked the Wii U's release date, November 18th. It's on a Sunday like most Nintendo releases and fits with what we've heard before.

http://kotaku.com/59...-on-november-18

GameWinner

Take your heart
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Although it does seem interesting. I can't get the Wii U right now; I don't have a lot of money.
By the time I do get it, it would probably have lots of interesting games.
Will the Wii U be region free?

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Although it does seem interesting. I can't get the Wii U right now; I don't have a lot of money.
By the time I do get it, it would probably have lots of interesting games.
Will the Wii U be region free?
Based on Nintendo's current record, no.

Heck even region locking a portable? That is what I love about Nintendo.

Reactions: 2 people

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll treat it like I treat my Wii; I'll own for 3 years and only buy 1 game lol no seriously if it's not Zelda or Final Fantasy (maybe Metroid) then I'm not buying no game at launch.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
November seems like a harsh time to release a console. It's usually the big holiday games dump across platforms. The Wii U's gonna be competing with a lot of Xbox 360/PS3 games on release if it's anything like last year, although I haven't looked far enough into November for the releases yet.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
November seems like a harsh time to release a console. It's usually the big holiday games dump across platforms. The Wii U's gonna be competing with a lot of Xbox 360/PS3 games on release if it's anything like last year, although I haven't looked far enough into November for the releases yet.
Wii launched on November 19 in America, and other regions in Early (even worse, but not so in Japan) December.

Look at how much shit it sold.

I'm certain if Wii U has some "blockbusters" in (Pikmin 3, Mario Bros U, ZombiU) at launch, it'll be fine.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wii launched on November 19 in America, and other regions in Early (even worse, but not so in Japan) December.

It's different now. The Wii U is competing with two other consoles already in their primetime. All three consoles have some sort of family/casual appeal as well. It's a much larger uphill battle here.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal

It's different now. The Wii U is competing with two other consoles already in their primetime. All three consoles have some sort of family/casual appeal as well. It's a much larger uphill battle here.
Oh, I see your point.

But being a "next gen console", I think it'll be okay. (albeit serious advertising is needed)

EDIT:
Wii launched after 360, so I guess some tactics are needed. It is indeed different in some ways.

D

Deleted_171835

OP
Was the Xbox 360 competing against the Xbox when it launched? Was the PS3 competing against the PS2 when that came out?

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While it could be difficult to convince gamers that the Wii U is for them the "casual/family" market is different.

The Kinect offers mostly shit games while the Move has flopped, neither really have a "must have" title aside from that dancing game Kinect has and even then that doesn't do the same sales as Lets Dance on the Wii. The casual games that are on PS3/360 that don't use those devices aren't exactly selling even close as well that the ones Nintendo make. Plus 360/PS3 to the casual person on the street who doesn't game are looked on as "geeky no life gamer consoles"

Nintendo still has the better appeal to that market, as long as they can distinguish in adverts that the Wii U is a new machine and the price is right, it still has a better chance for that market. The only problem I see them having is getting this sold to PS3/360 crowd.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0FyqCEfD0E