chris888222 said:
Nice photo
yay.gif

-snip-
Hey but seriously, it's cool.
wink.gif

Your posts are always so invigorating
sleep.gif

Anyway I don't like the idea of only one controller :/ I like being able to go round to a friends and play at theirs , I guess they will just make it so local multi player involves giving the Wii Controller to someone else , I hope they have some great ideas relating to local multi player and they don't just forget about it for online

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Danny600kill said:
chris888222 said:
EnigmaXtreme said:
chris888222 said:
Nice photo
yay.gif

-snip-
Hey but seriously, it's cool.
wink.gif

Your posts are always so invigorating
sleep.gif

Anyway I don't like the idea of only one controller :/ I like being able to go round to a friends and play at theirs , I guess they will just make it so local multi player involves giving the Wii Controller to someone else , I hope they have some great ideas relating to local multi player and they don't just forget about it for online
Well, I really like that controller concept.
wink.gif

Anyway, this controller I already expected it to be only 1 per console... Since it's built like a tablet.
tongue.gif

Th3_r0cK

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I really don't like this idea. Wouldn't the person with the Wii-U controller have an advantage in multiplayer? I mean they can rule the whole thing out by not showing anything on screen but that kinda defeats the purpose of the controller no? I mean it's perfectly fine for single player games but it limits what the devs can do with multiplayer.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Th3_r0cK said:
I really don't like this idea. Wouldn't the person with the Wii-U controller have an advantage in multiplayer? I mean they can rule the whole thing out by not showing anything on screen but that kinda defeats the purpose of the controller no? I mean it's perfectly fine for single player games but it limits what the devs can do with multiplayer.
That, only time will tell.

E3 is just over!

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Th3_r0cK said:
I really don't like this idea. Wouldn't the person with the Wii-U controller have an advantage in multiplayer? I mean they can rule the whole thing out by not showing anything on screen but that kinda defeats the purpose of the controller no?
There's a multiplayer demo that has one player playing on the WiiU controller versus two players playing on splitscreen TV using Wiimotes and Nunchucks. The tablet-wielding guy has an advantage because only he can see his screen, and the other two have the advantage of there being two of them
nyanya.gif

They should really think of a name for the thing, "WiiU controller" is too bulky and "tablet" is too general.

Wiiblet!

WiiUmote?

Umote?

Idunno.

FireGrey

Undercover Admin
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Veho said:
Th3_r0cK said:
I really don't like this idea. Wouldn't the person with the Wii-U controller have an advantage in multiplayer? I mean they can rule the whole thing out by not showing anything on screen but that kinda defeats the purpose of the controller no?
There's a multiplayer demo that has one player playing on the WiiU controller versus two players playing on splitscreen TV using Wiimotes and Nunchucks. The tablet-wielding guy has an advantage because only he can see his screen, and the other two have the advantage of there being two of them
nyanya.gif

They should really think of a name for the thing, "WiiU controller" is too bulky and "tablet" is too general.

Wiiblet!

WiiUmote?

Umote?

Idunno.
UPad
tongue.gif

Anyway this is an outrage!

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bladexdsl said:
“If we got to an idea of having multiple, it might be just more convenient for people to use their Nintendo 3DS and have a way to connect that.
Wait wait wait... Stream 3D? nah jk
tongue.gif

chris888222 said:
WiiPad?

WiiTroller?

UTroll?

I dunno too
wacko.gif

laugh.gif

QUOTE(Veho @ Jun 10 2011, 04:01 AM)
That would be shooting themselves in the foot.
One or more then one remote?

rad140

GBAtemp's "over quoter"
Trophies
Website
rad140.livejournal.com
XP
Country
Canada
Eh, I'm not really surprised. It makes sense.

And to everyone freaking out about only one controller for online, I'm sure you'll be able to use your wiimotes/classic controllers or similar.
After all, the Classic Controller has the exact same number of buttons.

Maedhros

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
It goes against Nintendo motto of fun with your family and more like Sony or Microsoft, that focus on online multiplayer.

But I think local will still be possible with Classic/Wiimotes... sigh.

wolffangalchemist

This is bat country!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rad140 said:
I'm sure you'll be able to use your wiimotes/classic controllers or similar.
After all, the Classic Controller has the exact same number of buttons.
i agree it only makes sense, though i'd also like Downloadable GameCube games otherwise i have no incentive to get rid of my wii.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
Assuming a 16-bit 480p wide-screen display with 32kHz audio on the controller...

720x480x2 = ~691KB per frame uncompressed
~691KB * 60 + 32KB = ~41.5MB per second

Assuming no compression/decompression done, 41.5MB a second is a lot to be transmitting consistently, especially if they claim no latency issues with one controller and displaying at 60fps.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol