TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
the shoulder buttons are for drfiting/sliding round corners, more press being a more severe turn. you can play it without, but it's hard to be any good and ruins the experience of the game IMO. i've tried it with the CC Pro and would never want to play it again with on/off triggers.
I see. Well, even then, double-tapping for sharper slides? Not perfect, but I think it's an acceptable alternative, personally

Fudge

Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
doesn't sound like a good option. for example i think F-Zero GX is more or less unplayable without the GC pad.
Ah. I haven't played F-Zero GX (despite F-Zero being one of my favorite Nintendo franchises), so I wouldn't know. Does it use pressure to determine acceleration, or something?

the shoulder buttons are for drfiting/sliding round corners, more press being a more severe turn. you can play it without, but it's hard to be any good and ruins the experience of the game IMO. i've tried it with the CC Pro and would never want to play it again with on/off triggers.
True, I didn't take into consideration of the pressure sensitive sliding. Indeed this is important to the basic gameplay.

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The GameCube had unique triggers (analog with a digital button at the base), so there are probably some games that use that functionality.

seam

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well if nintendo does infact buy back Rare, like the rumors suggest.. then maybe we'd finally get goldeneye64,perfect dark, etc etc

Hanks6

Trophies
XP
Country
I see. Well, even then, double-tapping for sharper slides? Not perfect, but I think it's an acceptable alternative, personally

depends what you consider acceptable i guess. but being a primary feature of the pad the analogue shoulders were utilized in a fair few GC games. i don't think a double tap solution is acceptable, it's certainly restricting the controls while making them more cumbersome if nothing else. and in extreme precision situations (all of f-zero GX) it'd be near impossible to be any good or clear the game.

what would be acceptable would be an adapter (perhaps USB or wiimote based) to enable the use of GC pads again :) or a WaveBird 2.0, with rumble. not very likely but hey...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Oh sorry about that