Hacking WII U USB & vWII USB in parallel?

gaga3000

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi,

I softmodded my WII U Premium and it is working fine, I even got vWII "hacked" as mentioned in several tutorials.
Also I made a USB Disk working in vWII mode and can play my old WII games using USB Loader GX

But what I do not get to work is having a another USB device (my USB Stick which I use for my WII U mode) plugged in USB 1 in parallel with my USB HDD in USB 0 and run WII games from USB 0 HDD.

USB Loader GX fails saying "USB Device has not been initialized". It works fine, once I plug off the USB Stick from USB 1. USB front can't be used either for my WII U formatted USB Stick.

THe idea behind that is, I want to have USB Stick used for WII U while USB HDD is plugged in for vWII.
I used uStealth to hide the USB HDD from WII U, so it does not ask me to format or moans, that there are 2 USB devices present...

Any idea on how to achieve that or is it not possible?

Thanks

gaga

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not possible. At the very least you'll have to pull out your Wii U USB stick when you want to play games from your vWii USB HDD.

If you have a large SD card you can opt to store your vWii games on there, then you wont have to change out your drives. Most USB Loaders can boot from SD as well, though for whatever reason USBLoader GX doesn't. But Wiiflow and CFG do.

Last edited by MikaDubbz,
Reactions: jeannotte

Jman69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I’m not sure that’s true that you can only have 1 HDD plugged in at a time. There’s a few people who have mentioned they have a vWii drive plugged in the back and a Wii U drive plugged in the front especially if you use UStealth to hide the vWii drive.

I have the same issue as gaga3000 though as I can’t seem to get it working. For some reason, USB Loader GX detects the Wii U drive even though obviously it can’t read anything from it. I thought it was supposed to skip it but sadly that is not the case.

CORE

3:16
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Use either One Drive each because they dont work well together sometimes can hang or crash.

You can have a large SSD and MochaFat32 and use Loadiine & USBLoaderGX.

The Loadiine Build is not the average Build though like the old terrbly slow Build.

No need to copy to SDCard and Install via WupInstaller.

Have GC/Wii/WiiU on the SSD Y-Power Splitter USB3 required.

I actually just mentioned this in another thread.

gaga3000

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I’m not sure that’s true that you can only have 1 HDD plugged in at a time. There’s a few people who have mentioned they have a vWii drive plugged in the back and a Wii U drive plugged in the front especially if you use UStealth to hide the vWii drive.

I have the same issue as gaga3000 though as I can’t seem to get it working. For some reason, USB Loader GX detects the Wii U drive even though obviously it can’t read anything from it. I thought it was supposed to skip it but sadly that is not the case.
I tried pluggin my WII U USB Thumb in the front USB ports, but even here USB Loader GX stumbles upon.
It's a pity, that USB Loader does not just skip that WII U drive as it can't read it anyway...
BTW: I used UStealth to hide my vWII HDD from WII U. It is just the USB Loader GX in vWII.

Have GC/Wii/WiiU on the SSD Y-Power Splitter USB3 required.

I actually just mentioned this in another thread.

Can you please link the thread? I thought it would not be possible to have both WII U and vWII on one hdd, as WII U and vWII would have different file systems... I oftne read that even different partitions would not be an option.

gaga3000

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Scroll down for my post link to modified Loadiine in on Git.

OK, that would mean to run from Loadiine only. That's an option to think about.
Is there a way to convert WUP to Loadiine? :)

You can install Gamecube and Wii games to the Wii U home menu, not the best option but atleast they're stored on the same HDD as your Wii U games

Right, I did this already for a few games with TM-WiiVC-Injector, but I hoped to find a way to run WBFS files them from my "old" WII attached FAT32 HDD.

Anyway, there are options. Maybe I just have to go one of your suggested ways... Will think about it.

Reactions: swabbo

gaga3000

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I tried CFG Loader in vWII and it works - it ignores my WII U USB thumb drive in USB 1 and reads my addtached WII USB HDD in USB 0.
in WII U mode my WII USB (FAT32) HDD is ignored as I hided it with UStealth and my USB thumb drive can be used for installation.

Both WII Flow and USB Loader GX are not working that way, USB Loader is stumbling over the WII U formatted thumb drive if plugged in; WII Flow is similar as it does not recognize the WII formatted HDD if a WII U formatted drive is also present.

Duamutef_MC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Was a solution to gaga3000 issue ever found, or do we have to physically disconnect the Wii U drive every time?

petspeed

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
It works fine for me. I am using Wiiflow however.
My setup is I have the WiiU HDD in the front USB ports (uses both because of power issues) and the vWii HDD is in the back USB ports. vWii only sees the back USB ports so that way it works. I use Ustealth to hide the vWii HDD from WiiU, otherwise it will complain about it.

Reactions: jeannotte

kcpants

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The reason why some WiiFlow users must disconnect their Wii U HDD in order for WiiFlow to be able to access data on their Wii HDD is described in WiiFlow issue #338 (search for "WiiFlow github Issue 338"). The workaround is to set "force load cIOS" to "on" in "startup settings". If any folks here are still running into this problem and the workaround doesn't fix it I suggest leaving a comment on the github issue and/or contacting WiiFlow's maintainer @fledge68

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: they need to have a strong line up on the launch titles too. I think they should move metroid...