Hacking Wii U USB loading - install WiiU games to USB or internal memory

nohmi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You don't need a perm cfw, just launch mocha everytime you boot your console
Thanks, btw I was thinking of getting CFW with Haxchi to CBHC, do you know if the patch that I had to use to use the homebrew launcher from the browser would effect getting Haxachi/CBHC? Or would I need to format first.

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, do you know if you can install DLC's of games with Wud Installer?
Edit: I don't have a perm cfw installed, I just use homebrew launcher from the browser and then use wudinstaller
It's wupinstaller. WUDs are disc images.
You do need signature patching to install un-owned DLC or to run a game on which you've installed un-owned DLC.

So do this...
You don't need a perm cfw, just launch mocha everytime you boot your console

...or, if you only have a couple games that it applies to, just run it (once per bootup) before you run one of those. If you forget, you'll just get a message that your DLC is corrupt. Cancel that, run Mocha, and you're good.

...or, as you're saying below, go with Haxchi. Please don't jump right into CBHC until you're comfortable with what you're doing. It's only one extra click to start Haxchi manually.
Thanks, btw I was thinking of getting CFW with Haxchi to CBHC, do you know if the patch that I had to use to use the homebrew launcher from the browser would effect getting Haxachi/CBHC? Or would I need to format first.
No, you don't need to remove anything. The browser exploit is only temporary anyway. It doesn't change your system. Also, you'll need to use the browser exploit to start HBL to run the Haxchi Installer.

Side note: Keep in mind that you have to legitimately buy one of the compatible DS games from eShop in order to use Haxchi as it was intended. (some people try to use a fake-signed downloaded copy) Using the browser hack to load Mocha, as Mr Objection suggests is free. (but you need an active network connection for that)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Is it safe to simply transfer games and updates installed to my USB stick to the iternal memory using the wii u data managment? And can I keep my old save files after transferation too? Just want to be sure not to brick or lose anything.
Yes, you can transfer wupinstalled content as you would eshop content.

Mr Objection

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Edit: Problem Solved.

Attachments

• IMG_20170304_151525~01.jpg
    IMG_20170304_151525~01.jpg
    971 KB · Views: 475
Last edited by Mr Objection,

GraFfiX420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an odd problem, I had a copy of the new Zelda, and I hit verify inside of Wii U USB Helper. It's been running all night now, and I can't get it to abort. I would love to simply be able to skip the verification at this point. I tried deleting the config file and reinstalling, unfortunately, it picked right back up verifying at the same spot. Is there any way to abort this verification?

AdamBrunt

Trophies
XP
Country
Only found out about WUP Installer thanks to the BoTW installation tutorial - having been using Loadiine up until now.

I have a couple of questions if I may:

1) The number of games that can be installed this way is limited only by the storage on the USB drive and/or the number of channels on the Wii menu, right ?
2) The number of games that can be installed at a time by WUP Installer is limited only by the size of the SD card ?
3) I have only used it with the gamepad screen where, despite having two games in my install folder, it only showed one at a time and it was difficult to tell which was which due to the filenames. Can the folders in the install folder be named anything you like ? And on a TV screen does it show the full list ?

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1) The number of games that can be installed this way is limited only by the storage on the USB drive and/or the number of channels on the Wii menu, right ?
The WiiU menu allows 300.
2) The number of games that can be installed at a time by WUP Installer is limited only by the size of the SD card ?
Yes, the but the success of those installations is of course dependent on the availability of space on the destination.
3) I have only used it with the gamepad screen where, despite having two games in my install folder, it only showed one at a time and it was difficult to tell which was which due to the filenames. Can the folders in the install folder be named anything you like ? And on a TV screen does it show the full list ?
Name your folders whatever you want, but don't use special characters like TM, R, and C symbols.
If you're using WUPInstaller y mod, and don't like the look, try WUPInstaller GX2.

KILLIAND

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hey everyone, I have a question.

So for a while now I have been able to install games on my Wii U using Wii U USB helper with no problem.

Today I have been trying to install Breath of the Wild on my US wii u. I got Mocha through the HB App Store, and also updated WUP installer.

However, when I go to WUP Installer now after loading Mocha, nothing shows up except the menu options, and if I press X to install to USB I get the error mcp_installgetinfo FFFBF3E2. I have never had a problem with WUP installer til today, and my install folder is on the root of my SD card. I also tried having the folder named "install" as well as "install", and I even included a backup from Wii U USB helper which I've used many times that also doesn't show up to install.

I have a 32gb US wii u, a 32gb SD card, and a 32gb thumb drive I've been using. Does anyone have any idea what I screwed up here?

EDIT: I downloaded WUP Installer GX2 from the homebrew store and now the files show up... is am I ok to use this? Are there any differences I should be aware of? Or does it work the same as the old WUP installer?

EDIT 2: I found wupinstaller mod y on the HB app store and it seems to be working, its version 1.3. I will leave this post for anyone who has the same problem I had.

Hello,

i'm a new french user and i had a similar problem with "Need for Speed™ Most Wanted U" and "Hot Wheels™ World’s Best Driver". these files was downloaded with WII U USB helper

nfs2.png

i've resolved the problem with a modification of the folder name "Need for Speed Most Wanted U" to "Need for Speed Most Wanted U"

i've deleted the specials caracters "™" after the end of the word "speed" and "wheels" and it work's succefully for the two games and their update.

thanks for the great work of developers

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'm a new french user and i had a similar problem with "Need for Speed™ Most Wanted U" and "Hot Wheels™ World’s Best Driver". these files was downloaded with WII U USB helperi've resolved the problem with a modification of the folder name "Need for Speed Most Wanted U" to "Need for Speed Most Wanted U"

i've deleted the specials caracters "™" after the end of the word "speed" and "wheels" and it work's succefully for the two games and their update.
In the future, use the Copy to SD button in WiiU USB Helper. That handles the folder names for you, as noted prominently in the OP of the WiiU USB Helper thread.

AdamBrunt

Trophies
XP
Country
The WiiU menu allows 300.

Yes, the but the success of those installations is of course dependent on the availability of space on the destination.

Name your folders whatever you want, but don't use special characters like TM, R, and C symbols.
If you're using WUPInstaller y mod, and don't like the look, try WUPInstaller GX2.

Thanks

Reactions: nexusmtz

repukken

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey guys, long time reader, usually I just search for help but this I really got stumped and can't search anyone with the same problem. I recently use uTikDownloadHelper to get my Zelda BOTW, I then uploaded that to my SD Card for installation. However, every time I go into wupinstall ymod version, it keeps saying no game or update can be found. I've tried downloading it again and even downloaded another game just to see if maybe my wupinstaller was not working. But some odd reason, the application sees the other game I download but not BOTW.

So I was wondering if any of you have an idea what could be the problem?

I tried downloading BOTW again just in case it was corrupted but It still didn't work.

I am on 5.5.1 and using IOSUHAX, not sure if any of that matters

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently use uTikDownloadHelper to get my Zelda BOTW, I then uploaded that to my SD Card for installation. However, every time I go into wupinstall ymod version, it keeps saying no game or update can be found.
Do the two game directories look similar, like they both have a list of .app and .h3 files?

Open a command prompt on your PC, put your SD card in, and run this command: (substitute your SD drive letter)
Code:
pushd y:\install & dir /s title*
Copy the output and paste it here.

ibds

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi, I want to sell my hacked WiiU I want to unlink my Nintendo ID and keep Haxchi and my installed games. Since Haxchi was installed in an eshop downloaded game Kirby DS, will it be removed with my user? Will the games I installed from the app be also removed?

Thank you

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I want to sell my hacked WiiU I want to unlink my Nintendo ID and keep Haxchi and my installed games. Since Haxchi was installed in an eshop downloaded game Kirby DS, will it be removed with my user? Will the games I installed from the app be also removed?
I have deleted my ID from the console without anything happening to the tickets. However, I don't know what happens when a different person associates their ID. I suspect that nothing will happen, but I haven't done it.

We haven't found anything in tickets that would tie them to a particular user, so I can't think of how Nintendo would know how to find and delete tickets that were purchased by someone who isn't on the console anymore.

If your eshop tickets get deleted when the new owner logs in and goes to eShop, the worst that will happen is that those eShop-purchased titles won't run. The titles you installed using valid disc tickets will continue to work, and the ones with fake tickets will work if the other person runs Mocha or buys their own game to put Haxchi on. No titles will be removed from storage.

You haven't mentioned CBHC, but I'll say it anyway: Do not sell a system with CBHC active. If the buyer wants CBHC, and they're picking it up, secure their payment, then walk them through running the CBHC installer. Their hands, their problem.

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have deleted my ID from the console without anything happening to the tickets. However, I don't know what happens when a different person associates their ID. I suspect that nothing will happen, but I haven't done it.

We haven't found anything in tickets that would tie them to a particular user, so I can't think of how Nintendo would know how to find and delete tickets that were purchased by someone who isn't on the console anymore.

If your eshop tickets get deleted when the new owner logs in and goes to eShop, the worst that will happen is that those eShop-purchased titles won't run. The titles you installed using valid disc tickets will continue to work, and the ones with fake tickets will work if the other person runs Mocha or buys their own game to put Haxchi on. No titles will be removed from storage.

You haven't mentioned CBHC, but I'll say it anyway: Do not sell a system with CBHC active. If the buyer wants CBHC, and they're picking it up, secure their payment, then walk them through running the CBHC installer. Their hands, their problem.
THIS.
If you sell it with cbhc, and linking their account removes or invalidates the ds vc title, they will have a nice big paper weight.

satan89

Trophies
XP
Country
India
Hi, I am new to the Wii u scene and am trying to figure something out.
If I were to download a game (botw) on Wii u usb helper for the same region as my console (eur), and get the ticket file from that title key site, and install the game with the ticket with wupinstaller, would I in future need to boot into cfw everytime I wanted to play the game, or will it work without cfw? I don't intend to use any DLC, just the game and updates (I'll get the tickets for both on that site)
Also, what are the possibilities of bricking? And would it happen if the game files that I download are incorrect or broken? Or would that just result in an error without bricking?

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I were to download a game (botw) on Wii u usb helper for the same region as my console (eur), and get the ticket file from that title key site, and install the game with the ticket with wupinstaller, would I in future need to boot into cfw everytime I wanted to play the game, or will it work without cfw? I don't intend to use any DLC, just the game and updates (I'll get the tickets for both on that site)
Also, what are the possibilities of bricking? And would it happen if the game files that I download are incorrect or broken? Or would that just result in an error without bricking?
Games installed with those tickets will not need CFW to run. You chances of bricking are the same as if you had purchased the game on eShop and the system downloaded it for you.

If your files are bad, you'll get an error. It's not a problem.

Reactions: satan89

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/sGvT5FKSiyk?si=TYqsdjjbF-4N8Xc8