Hacking Wii U USB loading - install WiiU games to USB or internal memory

panamex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi there, those games marked as nuked as [NUKED] Call.of.Duty.Black.Ops.2.USA.WiiU-FAKE can be played with the brazilian usb method or with rednand?

thanks

lafleche

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi there, those games marked as nuked as [NUKED] Call.of.Duty.Black.Ops.2.USA.WiiU-FAKE can be played with the brazilian usb method or with rednand?

thanks
No....please read the last few messages.... they are nuked because of some 'duplicate' rule (loadiine format was first). When you have an USA-Wiiu you can extract WUD with "discu" with the c parameter, and install like any other 'USB' ready release. When you have a EUR-Wiiu you need some tricks to make your wiiu (sysnand) or your rednand or the game itself regionfree.

ppeterr

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
oke guys. do some of you hava a 1tb or bigger drive filled up already ?

How long would it take to install all those games.....its holding me back a little,
and makes me want to wait for a solution with the pc/formatted drive.

what are your thoughts ?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
it depends the nuke reason.
The game you mentioned as nuke reason for being "duplicate of another release", so it works and that's the game you need to get (it's the wud format).
the other version (from which it's a duplicate), is the loadiine format that you can't use with WUP Installer.

they also consider being nuke a new release of the same game for different region. use the release you want, don't look at the nuke unless it's nuked because of a bad dump.

WiiuGold

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oke guys. do some of you hava a 1tb or bigger drive filled up already ?

How long would it take to install all those games.....its holding me back a little,
and makes me want to wait for a solution with the pc/formatted drive.

what are your thoughts ?

I have over 130 USA WiiU games on my 2TB its only taking up round 800Gb

lafleche

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
From what I heard, more rip units were distributed to suppliers in order to rip more games recently, so expect a bunch of new releases soon'ish.
There's no such thing as beef going on in the scene between release groups, other than arguments over which format should be the standard.

Nice to hear that more rip-units are shipped....
there is however some nasty bad attitude in the scene however. That is the reason ABSTRAKT (one of the parties capable of ripping to WUD) has quit.

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
there is however some nasty bad attitude in the scene however. That is the reason ABSTRAKT (one of the parties capable of ripping to WUD) has quit.
I just want more japanese games. Biggest reasons for hacking really is finally region freeign this shackled beast and get that goodliness from Japan.
Brazilians already covered the free games part well enough.

ppeterr

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

yeah thought so, that 1tb for the brazillian install method would be enough, but maybe some extra
space for coming stuff, or vc titels would be a good idea. But hell what i think is that it is all going so
fast, that when i am finished installing it all. It will be possible on fat32 or something ahha :)

panamex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

Hi, all those games are working? What method do you use, the brazilian usb or rednand?

thanks

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

what do you mean with nasty bad attitude in the scene???

yeah thought so, that 1tb for the brazillian install method would be enough, but maybe some extra
space for coming stuff, or vc titels would be a good idea. But hell what i think is that it is all going so
fast, that when i am finished installing it all. It will be possible on fat32 or something ahha :)

I am afraid of that, so what I dont want is to have to re-download and reinstall all those games again, so dont know if my downloaded games with usb method will be useless with FAT32....

PTKickass

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
So I keep trying to install splatoon and I keep getting the 0xFFFFF825 error (Bad SD Card. Reformat [32k blocks] or replace). Already reformated to 32k clusters and tried with 3 different SD cards. Does anyone know how to fix it?

panamex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
So I keep trying to install splatoon and I keep getting the 0xFFFFF825 error (Bad SD Card. Reformat [32k blocks] or replace). Already reformated to 32k clusters and tried with 3 different SD cards. Does anyone know how to fix it?

Try formating with 64 clusters. Wich method are you using? (usb, rednand,?)

If not working after that, download again the game.

Last edited by panamex,

PTKickass

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Try formating with 64 clusters. Wich method are you using? (usb, rednand,?)

If not working after that, download again the game.

I'm just using WUP Installer (installing on system memory). And I redownloaded the game aswell. IIRC, I already had my SD card formated with 64 clusters, but I'll try that again...

PS: Also, Mario Maker installed succesfully before Splatoon

EDIT: Yup, using 64 clusters didn't work either. It just stopped at the middle of the instalation

Last edited by PTKickass,

panamex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I'm just using WUP Installer (installing on system memory). And I redownloaded the game aswell. IIRC, I already had my SD card formated with 64 clusters, but I'll try that again...

PS: Also, Mario Maker installed succesfully before Splatoon

EDIT: Yup, using 64 clusters didn't work either. It just stopped at the middle of the instalation

Try installing it in an USB hard disk drive, not in the system memory.

Reactions: PTKickass

KevinX8

Proud user of The Dark Theme
Trophies
XP
Country
alot of missinformation on the OP, everything marked redNAND only can be done on CFW too like literally everything marked there please update it thanks

redNAND only: You can install non legit DLC on redNAND with signature patch. (RedNAND or USB)
you can install to sysNAND no problem as well no usb required
redNAND only: You can install games only present on eShop (no disc version available) only on redNAND with signature patch.
you can thats why cfw exists with sig patches
The game region can be edited after install.
contenthax much?
redNAND only: Loadiine ready (File format) can be converted to "USB ready" (encrypted content format) with NUSPacker, but if the game is dumped with ddd it will have missing information. If loadiine format is an extracted NUS version, you'd better use the encrypted files instead of repacking. The converted game will work ONLY on redirected NAND with signature patch, not on SysNAND.
@Maschell 's fork allows for this

UltraTintin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I have a few questions if I may.
I want to run the Wii U backups through USB HDD. Not doing vWii. I do have one Virtual Console game I bought on Wii mode though.

1. I'm confused about the preparation methods. They're not 3 steps but rather 3 -options- right?
2. I already have an HDD in use with the Wii U for purchased Wii U games. Do I still need to format again?
3. Also since the USB method only works for disc releases can I still buy eshop-only games legally and have them coexist in the USB device no problem with the games I installed/will install with this method?
  • WUP installer can install encrypted updates manually as well. Nintendo already provides a working ticket with the updates.

I'm not sure I get what this means. Does it mean if the individual game asks for updating it's fine to let them? (At least at the present time)

5. Probably a dumb question but nothing will happen to the virtual console game I have on Wii mode since this only affects the Wii U system right?

Thanks to everyone who worked hard in this. And thanks for the instructions. They're really appreciated.

Reactions: dreesje and brkun

cw-kid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi

Can any experts help out some newbie's on this thread here ? We are not able to install some games. I have tried two new SD cards now but the problem remains.

Thanks

Last edited by cw-kid,

mediavieja

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Is there any Wii VC injection method out there? or a site to get them? just to clarify im not asking for the site im just wondering if such site exists cause i saw a post in this threat from someone saying that it was going to install metroid other m wii vc game and as far as i understand the only wii vc available on eshop atm is mario galaxy

ozzy8143

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hey im getting error when i try install some games on wup.i have managed to install splatoon and mario maker.no other games will install.can anyone help.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    T @ Texasauras: SOLILOQUY