MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I personally think Nintendo has given up on blocking vWii exploits, much like they've given up blocking DS-mode flashcarts... It's not profiting them, so they don't care. Now if by some miracle vWii opens an exploit that brings on Wii U piracy, then by all means I could understand them patching the vWii then, but I wouldn't hold out for anything more than vWii Linux running on all 3 cores.

Reactions: TeamScriptKiddies

Slartibartfast42

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I personally think Nintendo has given up on blocking vWii exploits, much like they've given up blocking DS-mode flashcarts... It's not profiting them, so they don't care. Now if by some miracle vWii opens an exploit that brings on Wii U piracy, then by all means I could understand them patching the vWii then, but I wouldn't hold out for anything more than vWii Linux running on all 3 cores.

We aren't holding out for that. We are holding out for the day that someone gets drunk and finally releases the common key so we can have proper backups and Dreamcast emulators and all that stuff.

Ray Lewis

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hold out for a longggggg time then. Whatever is going on is in private or there is no progress. I would not be surprised if some people are beyond the kernel hacks. I'd bet they are but you won't know. Like with the 360 and PS3, you'll find this was cracked by f0f and others but nobody will release anything. Marcan was right when he said hacking proprietary systems serve no point other than piracy. Other platforms can do what homebrew is supposed to be able to do AND it is open sourced or close to it.

Root android, then rock and roll. Especially with an unlocked bootloader. Now, the XBone and PS4 are a LOT easier to dev for I believe and programs are probably easier to "transfer" to those systems. However, will they ever be "rooted"? I checked like two weeks ago and only heard a browser exploit was there on the PS4. Anyway, other than possibly ODEs, I don't see hacking occurring like with the last generation. Since 2012 when f0f announced they hacked it I have really searched and pushed hard. Tried kindness then flaming on epic levels, lmfao. I'd let it go.

Edit: Bubba and others will hint and give "teasers" but nothing ever comes out.

TeamScriptKiddies

Licensed Nintendo (indie) Game Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like where this is going........ lol

Before anybody makes an assumption that im claiming to have discovered something, im not.

However, im aware of somebody that has. When the time is right, he/she will come forward with said info.

That being said, its out of my hands

Reactions: the_randomizer

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: im going off now...I'll turn off my brain