Hacking Wii U System Update 5.1.2 is out now.

GorTesK

Mad Hatter
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
lol tbh whats with everyone in smash ... it must be a really cool game, i played it a couple times and never understood it, all i know is just hit buttons repeatedly and you win. :P

well for me it is a must-have, because every couple of weeks my friends and I meet up to play some smash and drink some beer, basically it's a party game for us
we have been doing that since smash on the n64, then gc, then wii, then project m on wii and since I am the only one, who currently owns a wiiu, I will definitely have to get the new smash ;)

Reactions: Ryanrocks462

Goku Junior

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I really wish we would get more info on WiiUkey. I am on 5.0 and am not too concerned about homebrew at this point. I am more concerned Nintendo will do something to block ODE before it even comes out, much like they did with Gateway.

I am really wanting ODE as I already have over 20 WiiU games and also a large Wii collection and would love to have them all on one drive ready to play. If WiiU would get a major kernel hack then I would just buy a second unit to use for 'offline' but I am hoping ODE doesn't get blocked on WiiU like it did on ps3 super slim.

Yeah, for me I REALLY need a backup playing method, it sounds like a dirty pirate, but the Wii U games costs a lot of money, that's because Nintendo don't support Latin America (or at least, my country :( ) I'm very sad because I only wanted homebrew for emulators, playing some PC games ports, Wii U rendering 1080p Wii games and these things, but the price of the games are killing me... My fathers don't want to buy me games because of this... Mario Kart 8 for example is $120 US dollars in my country, when it real price is $60....

GorTesK

Mad Hatter
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Yeah, for me I REALLY need a backup playing method, it sounds like a dirty pirate, but the Wii U games costs a lot of money, that's because Nintendo don't support Latin America (or at least, my country :( ) I'm very sad because I only wanted homebrew for emulators, playing some PC games ports, Wii U rendering 1080p Wii games and these things, but the price of the games are killing me... My fathers don't want to buy me games because of this... Mario Kart 8 for example is $120 US dollars in my country, when it really price is $60....

can't you import? :wtf:

Goku Junior

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
can't you import? :wtf:

Yes, I imported Super Mario 3D World, with original price, it was a good idea, but it's very risky, sometimes arrives, and some times it doesn't, it's good because you have a good price, but if the game doesn't arrive, you lost your money, it happend me with New Super Mario Bros U, luckily SM3DW comes in perfect state, other thing is Super Mario 3D World It took almost 6 months to arrive at my home :( , I can't wait that time, if it come in 1 mounth (maximum time) I would buy it often, buy I repeat, it's risky because some people stole things in airport so that's why never arrive in home...

GorTesK

Mad Hatter
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Yes, I imported Super Mario 3D World, with original price, it was a good idea, but it's very risky, sometimes arrives, and some times it doesn't, it's good because you have a good price, but if the game doesn't arrive, you lost your money, it happend me with New Super Mario Bros U, luckily SM3DW comes in perfect state, other thing is Super Mario 3D World It took almost 6 months to arrive at my home :( , I can't wait that time, if it come in 1 mounth (maximum time) I would buy it often, buy I repeat, it's risky because some people stole things in airport so that's why never arrive in home...

pay with paypal, your game doesn't arrive, so get your money back via paypal, problem solved ;-)

Goku Junior

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
pay with paypal, your game doesn't arrive, so get your money back via paypal, problem solved ;-)

Yeah, eBay cover that, when Super Mario 3D World took a lot of time to arrive, I was going to make a refund with paypal, but the time expired... I don't remember how long time I have to make a refund, but I know they don't give me 6 mounths :( .

TeamScriptKiddies

Licensed Nintendo (indie) Game Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, eBay cover that, when Super Mario 3D World took a lot of time to arrive, I was going to make a refund with paypal, but the time expired... I don't remember how long time I have to make a refund, but I know they don't give me 6 mounths :( .

They give you 45 days of buyer protection for future reference :)

Quicksilver88

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The simple truth is many of the non-major territories have this problem and it is why piracy is much higher than it is in the 1st world countries. Ppl in S. America can't just run out to Walmart, Target, GameStop, or Best Buy and purchase a three month old game for $20-$30. We in the USA in particular are spoiled on the price and availability of software. I can't understand why the majors ($ony, M$, Nintendo) don't invest more in online/digital distribution in these countries as it might be a better alternative than retail. Do they even offer eShop in S. America?

Reactions: marcioap1

Goku Junior

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
The simple truth is many of the non-major territories have this problem and it is why piracy is much higher than it is in the 1st world countries. Ppl in S. America can't just run out to Walmart, Target, GameStop, or Best Buy and purchase a three month old game for $20-$30. We in the USA in particular are spoiled on the price and availability of software. I can't understand why the majors ($ony, M$, Nintendo) don't invest more in online/digital distribution in these countries as it might be a better alternative than retail. Do they even offer eShop in S. America?

Well, Microsoft and Sony are in my country, but the prices are still very high! Sony official price is 1000 US dollars without any game in PS4, Xbox One price I don't know, but it's much highter than PS4, and No, we don't have eShop in Latin America, so if Nintendo don't consider Latin America as market, they shouldn't care Latin America pirate their games.

Reactions: FanLuigi

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
In Argentina you were able to access the 3DS eShop by telling it you lived in Mexico, but that is far from ideal and of course you can't pay in local currency. Perhaps the same applies to the Wii U.
Anyway buying games the legal way is a nightmare in there, you just get ripped of with prices that are criminal and that is when you can find the game.
Sometimes it is very hard to find a given game, even if you are willing to pay double it's USA price tag.
Importing is gambling, and additionally if you do it legally you should declare and pay the importing taxes that are around 50% over the total price including delivery.

So, yes, probably the biggest reason for piracy in South America is that the big brands generally neglect that market.

Reactions: marcioap1

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, for me I REALLY need a backup playing method, it sounds like a dirty pirate, but the Wii U games costs a lot of money, that's because Nintendo don't support Latin America (or at least, my country :( ) I'm very sad because I only wanted homebrew for emulators, playing some PC games ports, Wii U rendering 1080p Wii games and these things, but the price of the games are killing me... My fathers don't want to buy me games because of this... Mario Kart 8 for example is $120 US dollars in my country, when it real price is $60....

I'm just honest about it all, I want to play back ups full stop!, even though I can afford to buy games!. I'm just a cheap skate really, always have been as my signature shows :lol:

GorTesK

Mad Hatter
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
In Argentina you were able to access the 3DS eShop by telling it you lived in Mexico, but that is far from ideal and of course you can't pay in local currency. Perhaps the same applies to the Wii U.
Anyway buying games the legal way is a nightmare in there, you just get ripped of with prices that are criminal and that is when you can find the game.
Sometimes it is very hard to find a given game, even if you are willing to pay double it's USA price tag.
Importing is gambling, and additionally if you do it legally you should declare and pay the importing taxes that are around 50% over the total price including delivery.

So, yes, probably the biggest reason for piracy in South America is that the big brands generally neglect that market.

wow, I'd go totally bananas, if I had to put up with this nonsense
but say, isn't it possible to charge up your nintendo acc with a forgeign currency via online banking and then download games from that foreign country's eshop? (given ofc, that that country is still in the same console region ofc)

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'm just honest about it all, I want to play back ups full stop!, even though I can afford to buy games!. I'm just a cheap skate really, always have been as my signature shows :lol:
Trust me, things differ depending on where you live. In your case you are probably cheap, and that is all to it.
Right now I live in Germany, getting games here is quite easy and relatively affordable and importing is a breeze, I don't care about a romloader to tell you the truth but I would like there was no Regional Locking.
That said, if I still lived in Argentina I would probably be longing for a romloader.

but say, isn't it possible to charge up your nintendo acc with a forgeign currency via online banking and then download games from that foreign country's eshop? (given ofc, that that country is still in the same console region ofc)
Yes, you were able to do that. I did that back in the time, just paying for credit in the Mexican EShop using an international credit card. I am not very sure that is legal anyway, as you are completely avoiding the local VAT taxes.

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
Reecey
Trust me, things differ depending on where you live. In your case you are probably cheap, and that is all to it.
Right now I live in Germany, getting games here is quite easy and relatively affordable and importing is a breeze, I don't care about a romloader to tell you the truth but I would like there was no Regional Locking.
That said, if I still lived in Argentina I would probably be longing for a romloader.

Tbh your probably rite I am a bit cheap but why I do it is because I love getting involved in the hacking scene and waiting for the next step in modding and that makes it more exciting to me then going down your local shop and buying the game. I find the scene more interesting waiting for the next game to be uploaded and then I can get more involved in putting it on my console to play it. It is then much more exciting then just buying the disc and sticking it into your drive and playing it, in my opinion its got more longevity that way! ;)

Praxis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Quicksilver88

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Love your Avatar......my guess is things like access to banking services aren't quite what they are in USA or Germany. So while these things are easy for us, in places like Mexico and S. America not so much. It's not that the services don't exist, its just that they cost considerably more, so it lessens the appeal or using them. So it turns out software/games are just pricey luxuries. Hopefully this will change as the opening of China to consoles is a great thing. The manufactures/publishers need to learn how to compete and profit in emerging gaming territories.

e-Shops are obviously the answer and then push the top up cards thru existing retail outlets in local currency. Hopefully this will happen as gaming needs new blood. The performance of ps4 in japan shows how burned out that country is on console gaming. Emerging markets will eventually bring us new developers and new ideas.....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I really don't want to buy this fap tab...