Hacking Wii U support in Dolphin

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello. On Windows8, Visual Studio 2013 cannot correctly compile Dolphin. Could anyone make available a link -> a compiled version of DolphinWiiU on a file hoster like Mediafire/4shared/MEGA... ? Thanks in advance.

Worked fine for me, you just have to change the setting from Debugx86 to x64 and it'll work.

Reactions: Margen67

CarlKenner

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
There's a bug in the x86 version of Dolphin (not my fault) that stops it from building. x86 (32 bit) is no longer supported by the dolphin team because everyone has a 64 bit processor and the performance of emulators like Dolphin is so much better on 64 bit, but people still kept running the 32bit version on 64bit OS.

I recommend building Release x64. Anything else is horribly slow.

Yil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It is very likely you will need a e7 processor and at least two GTX titan graphic card to run in 1080p, 60 fps with lowest quality

CarlKenner

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I got it to load Wii U .RPX files, sort of. You can view them in the debugger (-d command line option), but it's very hacky. The Wii U memory layout is a bit different, so I just temporarily hacked the Wii to have more RAM. Some of the function names don't show up, I don't know why, and some of the assembly operands are missing an extra named offset. Anyway, for now it emulates a few instructions and then it crashes.
Very slowly making progress.

JaGoTu10

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
betawiki.net
XP
Country
It is very likely that we won't even see Wii U emulation running games at all in the next 8 or 10 years.

Is it that hard to understand emulation isn't only "hurr durr run gaemz"? It's pointless to speak about running games now and in this thread. This thread was made to log small steps towards wiiU emulation, like decrypting the partitions, getting the debugger to work etc. etc. It definitely won't help anything if you start spewing random "required" specs (looking at you, Yil).

Anyway, good luck CarlKenner and even if you don't get full emulation running in the end, your code can definitely be useful :)

Silentsurvivor

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it that hard to understand emulation isn't only "hurr durr run gaemz"? It's pointless to speak about running games now and in this thread. This thread was made to log small steps towards wiiU emulation, like decrypting the partitions, getting the debugger to work etc. etc. It definitely won't help anything if you start spewing random "required" specs (looking at you, Yil).
That's basically exactly what I was saying when I made that reply. I specifically said "we won't see Wii U emulation running games." So it's useless talking about it.

CarlKenner

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
OK, I fixed the bug. I was using the compressed section size instead of the decompressed section size. Now it shows all the symbols. You need to use a DEBUG build of the .rpx file, because the NDEBUG builds have no symbols.

Reactions: JaGoTu10

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Ironic this was posted today lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I think the tv series has boasted play of, I did see they said playing of it Is up, way more than norm
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing the next gen version on Series X all day, I love it. :wub:
    +1
    Downloading some random stuff, damn almost 400GBs in like 4 hours lol
    Gonna be over 1TB this month.... damn lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    At least you have some fast speeds. What a drag that used to be, I remb downloading 1 pic back in the day, and seeing line by line show
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or worse, you downloading something, and someone calls your phone and interupts the download, good ole AOL. Of course that's before most you guys even were born yet.
    Lol I think my first modem was 48K but it had some sort of firmware or software update that let me get 56K
    +1
    I had EarthLink lol
    A bunch of NetZero accounts that I used for things... Lol
    +1
    So glad I'm not in prison lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea marriage is a bitch sometimes...
    I legit think they passed the cyber terrorism laws from some of my hmm pranks lol
    I knocked the east coast backbone of EarthLink offline for like 6 hours one time, was on the news and everything well I mean I wasn't on the news.... Just they where having "technical difficulties" lol
    +1
    Was just one single custom packet. I miss when Internet security was an afterthought lol almost all modems and network hardware operated in promiscuous mode.
    Now these days they do sanity checks.... The source IP can't also be the destination IP lol
    They did end up using some of my stuff in the first Gulf war though lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    GUYS I JUST COMMENTED A YOUR MOM JOKE ON A GACHA YT COMMUNITY POST (the algorithm has cursed me in terms of community posts, bc I fuck around on that sort of community post, just commenting and being a jackass)
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    IT FELT SO GOOD
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    the OP made a couple vocaloid characters, and the post had the caption "Guess who I did 💙💛❤️

hint: they're from vocaloid"
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    to which I responded:
    "Guess who I did 💙💛❤️

hint: it's uremum"
    +1
    I studied IPV6 if they hadn't passed the cyber terrorism laws omg.... In theory I have some awesome pranks but I'm afraid to test them lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Thank goodness for VPN nowadays
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Thank goodness for VPN nowadays