Hacking Wii U Pro Controller to PC program release

Marcus Quintus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I set up the controller correctly. Wii U pro app works, xbox 360ce works but in games the buttons are all over the place or don't work and the right analog just doesnt work. I tried Tomb Raider and sleeping dogs. Castle of illusions, it works fine, buttons and all.

don't bother with it at all, just put the DLL files in the directory the .exe is in.

del_delly

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
So I have a problem. Bluetooth stack is set up. Controller gets picked as Nintendo RVL-CNT-01-UC in Bluetooth Settings. Okay, all good, now to start the applicaiton. And there it went:
---------------------------
Pro Controller not found error
No Pro Controllers found in HID device list.
OK

I won't mind supplying more information. Just tell me how. This is a silly error.

Adapter would be a small Bellkin Bluetooth 4.0 module. http://www.belkin.com/us/F8T065-Belkin/p/P-F8T065
Hardware ID: USB\VID_050D&PID_065A
Windows 7(64) as OS.
Noticed that the software does not have any output to terminal, so I can't help that way either. So what else do I post?

Again:
IQexeD7.jpg

del_delly

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Are you sure it is pairing?
Because one does not simply install Toshiba Bluetooth Stack and gets it to pair.
If it is connected, your bluetooth icon should turn blue-green and your controller leds
should keep flashing. Make sure to press the red sync button to get the leds flashing in first place.
Then, when you open the program, the leds should stop flashing. Only the first led should stay on and it should work.

Well, since he left, and this is relevant to me problems. Could you help me?

DarKevin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Well, since he left, and this is relevant to me problems. Could you help me?
Is the controller you are using an original Wii U Controller?
Because 3rd partys also sell those fake things which are actually classic controllers and don't work as Wii U Pro Controller.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a bluetooth adapter for my computer. I am using it for PS3 as DS3 Tool.. If I use the Wii U Controller and will it overwrite my bluetooth adapter for Wii U controller only ? I hope not. I still like to use PS3 as well.

DarKevin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Yes it is Kevin.
Which version are you using?
1.6? Or the xbox360 emulating one?
--> And make sure to start the Controller Program AFTER you connected the controller. <--

If it doesn't work, try removing and re-adding the controller in Toshiba Bluetooth Manager.
In the 1st dialogue, with express-mode selected click on next, then when its searching for devices,
press the red Sync Button. When the controller shows up, select it and hit next.
Then it should be connected and all 4 LEDs should keep flashing.

That's an accurate description how it worked for me (assuming that you got the Bluetooth stuff set up correctly)

Hope it helps.

del_delly

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Well, I tried both this and the other one.
So here is what I did:
>1. Connect the WuPro with the Toshiba stack
>2a. Open program while its still flashing
>2b. Same as a, but also mash face buttons
>3. It fails for some reasons. And I don't get anything like a good console error log either in cmd.

DarKevin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
So here is what I did:
>3. It fails for some reasons. And I don't get anything like a good console error log either in cmd.

Hmm... What you could also try, if you didn't already: Install all the required software.
http://code.google.com/p/x360ce/wiki/Whatisx360ceandhowuseIt
I know it says x360ce but this thing is kind of based on it as far as I know, and if I remember correct, installing that stuff fixed an error for me before.
It should usually throw an error if that was the problem, but maybe its causing it anyway.
What happens when you open the program after connecting your controller?
Does the program open and it just doesn't respond to the controller, or does it crash something?

Sorry for the late reply btw, didn't get it in my emails :l

PolloDiablo

Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
first, after connecting the controller once, I cannot reconnect it unless i sync it with my wii u again and then re sync with my laptop
The only issue is that I don't have a Wii U console. Could that be the case?
I'm hesitant to buy a Wii U Pro Controller because of this. I don't have a Wii U, but I want to use the pro controller on my PC.
Is it necessary to sync with the console in order to make it work with a PC?

DarKevin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I'm hesitant to buy a Wii U Pro Controller because of this. I don't have a Wii U, but I want to use the pro controller on my PC.
Is it necessary to sync with the console in order to make it work with a PC?
Apparenty yes, dont know why though.
I had this problem once/got controller working again after pairing it with my wii u.
Only once though.

DarKevin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
So here is what I did:
You might have the same Problem, as NahuelDS did you try pairing it with your/a Wii U?

S1mpl3pl4n5496

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
hi guys!

yesterday i tried to connect my wii u pro controller with the toshiba stack 8 and the wii u pro 1.6

everything went fine..... my computer can connect to the controller and the buttons and everything are recognized.

but now my problem: if i try to use the controller for f.e. dolphin emulator or v64 there is no chance that i can choose the controller at the controller settings.... it seems like the controller is only recognized at the wii u pro controller 1.6 tool..... if i use my ps3 controller and ds3 everything is fine and i can choose my ps3 controller...

anyone got an idea, where's my problem?

thanks for your help! :-)

DarKevin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
hi guys!

yesterday i tried to connect my wii u pro controller with the toshiba stack 8 and the wii u pro 1.6

everything went fine..... my computer can connect to the controller and the buttons and everything are recognized.

but now my problem: if i try to use the controller for f.e. dolphin emulator or v64 there is no chance that i can choose the controller at the controller settings.... it seems like the controller is only recognized at the wii u pro controller 1.6 tool..... if i use my ps3 controller and ds3 everything is fine and i can choose my ps3 controller...

anyone got an idea, where's my problem?

thanks for your help! :-)
That wont work, because its not really working as a normal game controller.
You can only use it to emulate keys and mouse, or use it to emulate an xbox controller with the beta .dll version (and only in games that use the xbox controller).

DarKevin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
oh... too bad... but how is it possible that my ps3 controller is working? thought it would be kind of similar to that :-/
The ps3 controller is working properly, because its recognized as a normal game controller.
The Wii U Pro Controller is only recognized as a Bluetooth HID device without real PC drivers :/
I think there are no real drivers, because they still didn't really crack the Wii U Pro Controller (Bluetooth PIN)
That's why we need to use Toshiba which magically works without knowing the PIN (lol don't know the technical details behind that)
I wonder who made the ps3 drivers? Are they official from sony, or made by the community?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/shdHKa4iBbE?si=Vnb_FMMV54y2aarW lol Mario give me cancer