Hacking Wii U Pro Controller to PC program release

DarKevin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
But couldn't there be multi controller support if it was modified so that the controller would always been in port 4 when plugged in?
If you mean using Xbox 360 controllers with Wii U Pro controllers in multiplayer,
Daku93 told me he is going to add this feature.

But you can already use 2 Pro controllers for multiplayer, I tested it.
The player numbers of your controllers might be reversed or something, though.
Thats because they are depending on the order of the controllers hardware IDs in Windows hardware list.
I asked Daku93, he told me this, and that he unfortunately cant change it.

zKetta

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
made an account to say this: it works wonderfully, great work. if I could nitpick, the only thing I would ask for would be for the triggers to require slightly less sensitivity to be usable.

The triggers on the WiiU pro controller are digital buttons, not analogue like on the 360 controller, unfortunately.. though I personally don't view this as being a huge disadvantage.

DQScott95

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would it be possible to find a way to connect the Pro Controller via usb? I don't want to uninstall my Bluetooth stack and install the Toshiba one just for this. Or maybe just a way to do it without using the Toshiba Bluetooth stack. Just asking, as it would make this perfect for me:)

Daku93

Trophies
Website
usrcheat.cwsurf.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Would it be possible to find a way to connect the Pro Controller via usb? I don't want to uninstall my Bluetooth stack and install the Toshiba one just for this. Or maybe just a way to do it without using the Toshiba Bluetooth stack. Just asking, as it would make this perfect for me:)

Not going to happen. No data is exchanged over USB.

zKetta

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone used this particular USB Bluetooth Dongle to connect the controller? I can't seem to get the damn thing to be detected by Windows for the Toshiba stack in the first place. It just says that it is an unknown device. I had to eventually give up on my onboard bluetooth for this. I really want to get it working; I bought the controller a week ago and can only use it to play the RE:Revelations demo so far. ;_;

http://www.ebay.com/itm/USB-2-0-Min...luetooth_Adapters_Dongles&hash=item51a5ccadd8

scitek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Daku, is there a way to turn off the pop up message that happens when you start a game with the dll? It causes MSI Afterburner to hang and I have to shut it off, start the game without it, and then restart Afterburner every time I start a game.

zKetta

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you have any difficulties getting it detected?

Holy shit! It just started working randomly! I had unsuccessfully installed the Toshiba stack because I couldn't get the driver to accept this device; the software was in but no driver. I then plugged it in an hour or so later for shits and giggles and it got picked up by the Toshiba software. Awesome! Hope it sticks!

Alright. I just got done play Just Cause 2 with this controller for a little while. Great fun! Excellent work, Daku and TeHaxor! I can't wait to use these tools and their future iterations in different games for perhaps years to come. :)

Marcus Quintus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When i said the word 'triggers', I did not mean it in the actual sense of xbox 360 style analog sticks with springs and are pressure sensitive, I was simply referring to the zL/zR buttons, which I am aware are just digital. I don't own a wii u, so I don't know if that's just the sensitivity(amount of force required for a button press to register) of the zL/zR buttons, or just a problem of going from direct to xinput, or vice versa, whichever it is in this case.

cwiiun

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Nice to see, that this is improving more and more.

I tried it myself, but i still do not manage to get the device paired.
I installed the Toshiba Bluetooth stack, i can search for the device and he finds the Nintendo controller (Nintendo RVL-CNT-01-UC).
But when i try to pair, i get an error message like "error identifying service" (original german: Fehler bei Diensterkennung).

Does anyone have an idea how to solve this?

Avanox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Ok, my problem is this: what i have to do to make the beta xinput dll's working? i connected the pad, opened the application to connect it, and started the game (with dll's in its folder) but it doesn't works as an Xbox controller, it just emulate keyboard/mouse as default...where did i get wrong?

EDIT: Nevermind, i found it: for everyone that wants to know how to do it clearly:

- Put x360ce.exe in the folder where the main .exe of the game is situated.
- Connect Wii U Pro Controller with Toshiba Bluetooth Stack.
- Put the dll files in the same game folder.
- Open x360ce.
- Look if it works (it should have a yellow square beside the "Controller 1" pane), play a little with buttons and sticks to see if everything is right.
- Save, close and start the game.
- Have fun! :yayps3:

Hey!!
Thanks for the information!
Just what I was looking for!

Works great on multiple games here :)

Hopefully for "Prince Of Persia games" and "saint row 3" there will come support in the future too.

Marty91

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Has anyone been able to use this with Dolphin and Project 64? It doesn't detect it. The only thing that I've been able to make it work with is Metro, and I installed that almost just to test. =S

DarKevin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Has anyone been able to use this with Dolphin and Project 64? It doesn't detect it. The only thing that I've been able to make it work with is Metro, and I installed that almost just to test. =S
I think it requires Direct Input.
Daku93 told me, he sadly couldnt make the controller work with that, only Xinput :(
Btw Im using an adapter to connect my Gamecube Controller to PC, it perfectly works with Dolphin ;D

Oh and maybe you can use the Wii U Pro controller to PC program,
and map keyboard keys to use it with Dolphin.

Marty91

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I think it requires Direct Input.
Daku93 told me, he sadly couldnt make the controller work with that, only Xinput :(
Btw Im using an adapter to connect my Gamecube Controller to PC, it perfectly works with Dolphin ;D

Oh and maybe you can use the Wii U Pro controller to PC program,
and map keyboard keys to use it with Dolphin.

Yeah. That works, of course. But kind of need analog. =P
Might wait for that WUPC to USB adapter, if it's real.

DarKevin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Yeah. That works, of course. But kind of need analog. =P
Might wait for that WUPC to USB adapter, if it's real.

I think that adapter is from the same manufacturer, as the Gamecube to PC adapter I have. (Mayflash)
And also, you can try to set the program to emulate mouse with Left Control Stick,
which works very smoothly, then set the Control Stick in Dolphin to use mouse.

Marty91

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I think that adapter is from the same manufacturer, as the Gamecube to PC adapter I have. (Mayflash)
And also, you can try to set the program to emulate mouse with Left Control Stick,
which works very smoothly, then set the Control Stick in Dolphin to use mouse.

Yeah. Thanks. I haven't explored Dolphin that well, and I've tried mouse emulation on another game, which worked fine, but for PJ64, it wasn't quite like native.
But yeah, I'm not really in a hurry or anything, so just gonna keep my eyes peeled for the adapter.;)

zKetta

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone have a definitive guide for how to properly connect and disconnect the controller or reconnect it if it drops out? It seems to me that I can only get the Toshiba Stack to detect my controller if I sync it immediately after startup. Then if it becomes unsynced for any reason after the fact I cannot simply use the connect option underneath the Nintendo Controller space in the Toshiba stack window. I can sometimes delete the profile and then resync it with the Add New Connection option, but generally I have to restart the entire PC to ensure connectivity.

I do resync the controller with the Wii U downstairs to attempt to fix it, but it doesn't guarantee a good connection process. ;_;

DarKevin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Does anyone have a definitive guide for how to properly connect and disconnect the controller or reconnect it if it drops out? It seems to me that I can only get the Toshiba Stack to detect my controller if I sync it immediately after startup. Then if it becomes unsynced for any reason after the fact I cannot simply use the connect option underneath the Nintendo Controller space in the Toshiba stack window. I can sometimes delete the profile and then resync it with the Add New Connection option, but generally I have to restart the entire PC to ensure connectivity.

I do resync the controller with the Wii U downstairs to attempt to fix it, but it doesn't guarantee a good connection process. ;_;
Usually when your controller disconnects after connecting to your computer, connecting it with a wii u fixes this problem.
Hope you have access to one. Also you shouldnt delete the connection in toshiba bluetooth stack once you got it working,
I dont have this problem anymore since I always connect and disconnect without deleting the connection.

zKetta

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Usually when your controller disconnects after connecting to your computer, connecting it with a wii u fixes this problem.
Hope you have access to one. Also you shouldnt delete the connection in toshiba bluetooth stack once you got it working,
I dont have this problem anymore since I always connect and disconnect without deleting the connection.

What button do I need to be pressing when I do this? If I do the sync button or any of the face button it just says that it couldn't find the HID device and never makes the link.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att is displaying prices like it's an ingredients list now lol