Wii U Official Info (Japan for now) Launch Date, Two SKUs and Prices.

boombox

Trophies
XP
Country
fuck yes to Blu-ray! I hope this means we'll be able to play blu-ray movies in there too?
I'm deffo getting the premium set.

Oh wait, do we know if it'll be region-free?
Probably not, seeing where they went with the 3DS..stupid idea imo.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fuck yes to Blu-ray! I hope this means we'll be able to play blu-ray movies in there too?

Oh, I bet anything hackers will find a way to make it region free like they did with the Wii. That all depends on several factors; whether or not an exploit can be found, whether or not Nintendo fixes said exploit via mandatory updates, and whether or not people are willing to take the time to develop a region free hack. But I digress; I can see people getting annoyed at the lack of Bluray playback, but DVD? The DVD was created in 1996, it's now 2012; if there are still people who don't have at least one DVD player, there's something wrong.

boombox

Trophies
XP
Country

Oh, I bet anything hackers will find a way to make it region free like they did with the Wii. That all depends on several factors; whether or not an exploit can be found, whether or not Nintendo fixes said exploit via mandatory updates, and whether or not people are willing to take the time to develop a region free hack. But I digress; I can see people getting annoyed at the lack of Bluray playback, but DVD? The DVD was created in 1996, it's now 2012; if there are still people who don't have at least one DVD player, there's something wrong.

Ahhh, so we can't play Blu Ray movies..that's a shame. But as long as it plays DVD, you're right, it's better than nothing, seeing as the majority of the world have DVD's.
If it's region locked - here's hoping it does get hacked!

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
I was on my way to my local Gamestop to see if I could pre-order, but halfway there, I decided not to. As much as I want to get a Wii U at launch, I am unsure of my current financial situation between now and launch day. I most likely would have the funds, but I'm afraid I can't take any chances atm.

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
I was on my way to my local Gamestop to see if I could pre-order, but halfway there, I decided not to. As much as I want to get a Wii U at launch, I am unsure of my current financial situation between now and launch day. I most likely would have the funds, but I'm afraid I can't take any chances atm.
You might want to reconsider not preordering:
http://gonintendo.co...story&id=185522
tldr: G-stop is about to call-off pre-orders (if they haven't already).

The minimum deposit is only $25 anyway. Did mine today ^_^

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: *yawn*