Wii U - Nintendo DS – Virtual Console Inject Guide

Discussion in 'Wii U - Tutorials' started by RadioShadow, Aug 13, 2017.

1. RadioShadow
    OP

RadioShadow GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 30, 2007
    UK
    Wii U - Nintendo DS – Virtual Console Inject Guide

I TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY IF THE GAME YOU EDIT BRICKS YOUR Wii U WHEN YOU INSTALL IT ONTO YOUR Wii U!
    FOLLOW THIS GUIDE AT YOU OWN RISK!

Special thanks to CatmanFan for creating a Wii U Inject Guide and the NDS Template.
    Most of these tools and software are only designed to only work on a Windows Operating System.
    Your Wii U must be setup to run the custom firmware. I recommend following this guide: https://wiiu.guide/

Required files and software.

Download the required Wii U Nintendo DS game.

Decrypting the game files.

Take a screenshot of the title screen.

Injecting the Nintendo DS ROM.

Change the Emulator Settings.

Modify the parameters of the game.

Create the Icon and Bootscreens.

Modify the Meta and App files.

The Electronic Manual that is being used.

Packing the Injected Files.

Installing the game on the Wii U.

Screenshot of the inject game on the Wii U.

FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions).

Last edited by RadioShadow, Oct 4, 2017
    Manuel_R, zeldaism, Mat37 and 6 others like this.
  2. Nerdtendo

Nerdtendo Your friendly neighborhood idiot

Sep 29, 2016
    United States
    Do I need rednand? Sorry if you already answered that. I just scanned the OP

3. jbuck1975

jbuck1975 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 28, 2015
    United States
    First couple of paragraphs

Special thanks to Cartman for creating a Wii U Inject Guide and the NDS Template.
    Most of these are only designed to only work on a Windows Operating System.
    Your Wii U must be setup to run the custom firmware. I recommend following this guide:

CatmanFan likes this.
  4. RadioShadow
    OP

Aug 30, 2007
    UK
    I just use Mocha without Rednand. So no, you don't need it.

5. nashismo

nashismo GBAtemp Regular

Jun 5, 2013
    Chile
    Home sweet Home (Mi casita)
    Beautiful, I just have one question and you may know the answer. Is there a way to get rid of the washed out and dark look of let's say N64 games? While doing an injection? I am sorry, I just didn't know where to ask and you seem savy enough.

Still, thank you so much for this tutorial, I will be sure using it too! :)

Last edited by nashismo, Aug 16, 2017
  6. aykay55

aykay55 Professional Idiot

Apr 14, 2017
    United States
    Where the buffalo roam.
    I know this is a noob question, but I can't find the answer anywhere so I'll ask here. I know Coldboot Haxchi can brick your console but can regular Haxchi ban your console?

7. nashismo

nashismo GBAtemp Regular

Jun 5, 2013
    Chile
    No mate, don't worry :) That won't happen. Nintendo only bans cheaters or people who use fraudulent game codes.

8. RadioShadow
    OP

Aug 30, 2007
    UK
    I briefly had a look at N64 injects and couldn't find a brightness option. :(

I've updated the guide to a fix a few silly mistakes. I would update the Wiki Compatibility Page, but I have no idea how you make an account? :(
    May need to contact a mod.

nashismo likes this.
  9. nashismo

nashismo GBAtemp Regular

Jun 5, 2013
    Chile
    Thanks for taking the time in answering. It is sad, but well, our old TV's weren't as clear so I guess we can live with N64 games a bit darker. Cheers and have a good week man.

10. CatmanFan

CatmanFan I actually prefer being an artist more now.

Aug 14, 2016
    Morocco
    Ahem, it's Catman.
    Oh, and BTW, I didn't even know some of the things in the tutorial even existed, like how the Manual is arranged for example.
    sorry for bumping

11. RadioShadow
    OP

Aug 30, 2007
    UK
    @CatmanFan
    My apologies for spelling your name wrong. South Park must have been on my mind. The name has been fixed. If it makes you feel better, I've been called RadioShow before. :P

Last edited by RadioShadow, Oct 4, 2017
  12. Moon164

Moon164 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 21, 2015
    Brazil
    It's Work with Pokemon Black/White 2 ?, and... My DS is broken so i want to use my save files of Pokemon Diamond and White on Wii U, it's possible ?

13. Moon164

Moon164 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 21, 2015
    Brazil
    Edited.

Last edited by Moon164, Mar 12, 2018
  14. Moon164

Moon164 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 21, 2015
    Brazil
    I have a silly question, is there any way I can hack the Nintendo DS Virtual Console on Wii U to enable Wi-Fi and Wireless functions? I was playing Pokémon SoulSilver on it and I got this idea in my head, I I remember that there was the Nintendo Channel that sent Demos to the DS via Download Play on Wii, as well as games that connected locally between Wii and DS (Final Fantasy and Pokemon Battle Revolution for example) so '' technically '' the console is capable of such functions, right?

PS: Sorry for my english, I'm Brazilian.

15. aykay55

Apr 14, 2017
    United States
    Where the buffalo roam.
    Umm, no. The games ported to VC have all real wireless functions completely removed, though the options still show up. Strange, yes. No way to do it though.

16. Moon164

Moon164 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 21, 2015
    Brazil
    It's no way to bring back that's functions ?

I remember that both Wii and Wii U vWii have support for Multiplayer Local and Local Functions via Wireless with other Nintendo DS / 3DS ( Mii Channel to send Mii for Tomadachi Collection, Final Fantasy Echoes of Time for Local Multiplayer, Pokémon Battle Revolution for Local Wireless Interactions, Nintendo Channel to send Demos via Download Play etc... ), I was thinking, if the console is able to do such a function, maybe there's some way to include it in Virtual Console, right?

I noticed that the DS Virtual Console also ''catch'' some Wii U information like a vWii, for example the clock ( Local Time ) and console nickname, maybe there's a way to "force" him to get the internet connection information too?

They even managed to do something like the Nintendo Channel back, maybe suddenly serve the interest of someone to work on some means of Virtual Console DS on Wii U have such functions
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/v-wii-vc-ds-rom-sender.474213/

17. aykay55

Apr 14, 2017
    United States
    Where the buffalo roam.
    Sorry for the late reply. vWii is way different than VC. vWii is literally a Wii console in the Wii U. You have to boot into it, basically a Wii baked into the console. It's not emulated, though the name suggests otherwise :D. VC, however, is just an emulator on the Wii U, it runs the game in a sandbox and has no real access to the functions of the actual console (WiFi). Yeah, so unless you physically add a DS to your Wii U and figure out a way to boot into it, I'm sorry, though I would like local/online play in VC too.

Last edited by aykay55, Mar 14, 2018
    Moon164 likes this.
  18. Moon164

Moon164 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 21, 2015
    Brazil
    Thanks for explain to me, I hope someday someone can put those functions in the VC D: , I really do not think this is impossible.

It would be so wonderful to be able to connect the Wii U directly to the Nintendo DS and transfer Pokémon, or even play Mario Kart DS with the Wiimmfi servers in the Nintendo DS Virtual Console on Wii U

19. RadioShadow
    OP

Aug 30, 2007
    UK
    It is possible to force a language on games that check by using a cheat code. Since the BIOS gets dump in the same RAM position for every game, we can patch the game to use the language we want.

Thankfully there is a tool that can easily patch this code. Look out for an update on the guide so.

If I understood this correct, you are asking if you can install your own save? It is possible using Savinne. It does require a computer to extract and install the the save.

I may add it to the guide, but all you have to do is delete the save-state file and replace the .sav file (it's RAW Format, convert on this website: http://www.shunyweb.info/convert.php).

A detailed answer has been responded to this, but short answer is no. The original VC releases don't support wireless functions because the Wii U uses different wireless functions to the DS. Without hardware modifications, this won't work.

Last edited by RadioShadow, Mar 27, 2018
  20. Moon164

Moon164 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 21, 2015
    Brazil
    Thanks for replying, sorry for my english I was using Google Translator, I had already put Pokémon on Wii U have a little time xD (SoulSilver with translate patch for Portuguese-Brazilian) it's fine work, some glitches but playable, I managed to import and export saves with SaveMii without problem
    About Black / White I did not even want to test because I saw people talking that it did not work.