1. Charix

Charix Member
    Newcomer

United States
    What if the game we want isn't on Funkii U? I searched for it but I can't find it.

2. Enscripture

Enscripture Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Hey, guys I found out how to fullscreen the DS games!
    Open configuration_cafe.json with Notepad++

Scroll down to VCM_LAYOUT_9_EXPLANATION

Change "size": "928 696" to "1280 720"
    Change "position": "176 12" to "0 0"

Change "size": "640 480" to "854 480"
    Change "position": "106 0" to "0 0"

And then in the Wii U Screen Settings puck the "Upper Screen on TV" and it'll stretch to full screen on the TV and Gamepad

CORE, Moon164 and Manuel_R like this.
  3. Manuel_R

Manuel_R Newbie
    Newcomer

Mexico
    Hello, i have been trying to do this, but I might be too inexperienced on the matter.

It seems i have a problem with the "Wii U Common Key", i got it from a "Pastebin" site and downloaded it as a .txt (it starts with D7... so i think is the one), this tutorial says that it must be on a .bin extension so i naively just renamed the file and the extension, then i did what the tutorial said and put the CDecrypt files, along with the renamed "ckey.bin",inside the game i downloaded from the "Funkii" app (I downloaded Yoshi's Island DS, because i want to inject Pkmn: Heart Gold Ver.). When I run the ".bat"file, it show an error on cmd that says: "Ckey is wrong length Press any key to continue..." and I dont know what exactly it means, i dont know if i got the right key, or if i have to convert the file from ".txt" to ".bin" and if that's the case, I don't know how.

If you can find the time to help this noob it will be highly apreciatted :) .

4. XC-3730C

XC-3730C GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Is there a list of DS games compatible with this tutorial?

5. SPOOKYTIME

SPOOKYTIME Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    The Wii U NDS injection zip is corrupt. wiiuicon.pdn is also missing from the archive.

6. RadioShadow

OP RadioShadow GBAtemp Advanced Fan

One can be found here, although not all of it is correct: https://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/WiiU_VC_NDS_injection
    I tried to figure how to get editing permissions, but that was more hassle than it was worth, so I gave up. For example, Sonic Rush and Adventures does work in Metroid Prime DS.

It shouldn't be, but I will take a look when I get home. I can always re-upload it.

The only thing I can think of is you have a bad common key or haven't entered a correct one. Once my new Wii U is hacked (had two failed on me for faulty nand chips...), I'll remind myself how this works.

7. timelyenigma

timelyenigma Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I'm having a similar issue to Manuel up above. I have the Wii U Common Key, but what do I do with it now? How do I create the bin file?

8. SPOOKYTIME

SPOOKYTIME Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    To make a .bin for the common key, go to the hex editor, type the common key into the editor, and save it as ckey.bin.

9. timelyenigma

timelyenigma Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Worked! Thank you so much.

10. Manuel_R

Manuel_R Newbie
    Newcomer

Mexico
    Oh thanks @SPOOKYTIME , i left the topic a while ago cuz i gave up, but now with your answer I'm on an Injecting spree jajaja. Also thanks to @RadioShadow for such a complete tutorial.

11. Krokauff

Krokauff Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Hello,

Just wondering if this is still the most current and best method for NDS injections on the Wii U? I see the post was originally from a while ago, but has more recent comments.

I only ask because I'm pretty late to the Wii U Homebrew party. Just getting into all this recently, I tend to find a lot of Wii U Homebrew methods that now seem to be out of date or no longer relevant. Many of these sources have not been updated with newer information in quite some time. Sifting through these has been a bit challenging to find the most accurate information. I thought I'd just double check if anyone was up on any new developments.

Perhaps someone can confirm the following for me as well if they have a moment:
    From what I've gathered, currently the preferred method for loading game back-ups in general is to create a VC injection version of the game and install it using WUP installer?

Anyway, any help much appreciated :D

armachillo likes this.
  12. Alarod

Alarod Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    It only took 2 years to fit this into my little brain.

13. armachillo

armachillo Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Me too!!!!

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Nintendo, Virtual, Console