Homebrew Wii U New Update 5.5.2

Wishi

Rareware Gamer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
No, it says I need to update the wii u in order to play. sorry for the confusion.
Are you sure about that ? Maybe a pic of that would help , but in the worse case you have two options spoof firmware to 5.5.2 or simply if you have haxchi update but it is strange , I alredy updated smash with nnupatcher and it didn't ask me anything about system update...

Fiestas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you sure about that ? Maybe a pic of that would help , but in the worse case you have two options spoof firmware to 5.5.2 or simply if you have haxchi update but it is strange , I alredy updated smash with nnupatcher and it didn't ask me anything about system update...
could you play online?

Wishi

Rareware Gamer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
on 5.5.1?
Well It should be , I'm blocking Nintendo URLs in my modem and with DNS all the time and just used nnupatcher to update Smash I can't confirm this because CBHC will show ver 999.999 ir something like that...

KockaAlex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
I'm also updated to 5.5.2... In my time zone the update launched at dawn, so my console downloaded it and I can't prevent this. Can anywhat reach the Wii U's file system from vWii to install Haxchi to a DS game? (I think probably not...)

Lordbarker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just to triple-check, what's the DNS block addresses? As not sure I have the correct ones in.
Also, can I not just turn off auto updates, will that achieve the same thing? Oddly I'm still on 5.5.1 and Splatoon let me play online without any patcher, is that normal!?

Wishi

Rareware Gamer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Just to triple-check, what's the DNS block addresses? As not sure I have the correct ones in.
Also, can I not just turn off auto updates, will that achieve the same thing? Oddly I'm still on 5.5.1 and Splatoon let me play online without any patcher, is that normal!?
These are the DNS I'm using:
DNS1: 168.235.092.108
DNS2: 081.004.127.020
I don't think so , the update would download in background anyway so better stay with DNS or URL Filtering
Yeah Wii U games doesn't need the lastest firmware update to play online the only thing they need is the lastest game update in the case of Splatoon that was from a few months ago

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I'm also updated to 5.5.2... In my time zone the update launched at dawn, so my console downloaded it and I can't prevent this. Can anywhat reach the Wii U's file system from vWii to install Haxchi to a DS game? (I think probably not...)
I'm thinking the same as you...

Reactions: Lordbarker

Dimensio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So apparently I should be glad that I decided to install Haxchi on a whim.

I received notice of the update after exiting from a session of Wii Fit U. I immediately turned off the console before installation began. When I turned it back on I received no update prompt, nor did I receive one after going into the system configuration, changing my DNS settings and exiting back to the menu. I even went into the browser to test the exploit (which still works).

Does this mean that the system has not actually downloaded the update? As I have Haxchi I am not too concerned even if it has.

raidoku117

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
The only time mine suddenly worked and allowed my bought VC title to download has been
after the following accidentally happened:

1. Attempted to load the HBL from browserhax
2. Failed with an error, due to the SD Card not being in! :)
3. Had to force a reset of the WiiU (holding the WiiU power button in for 4+ seconds).
4. Restarted WiiU - VC title was immediately free to start downloading!
This works for me, thanks to everybody.

gabesja

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Both Wii U's at my house updated to 5.5.2. My friend's and mine.
Hers is ok, since she doesn't used any kind of hack.
Mine was set to not update anything and standby things were off, but still updated.
Apparently, you have to edit your DNS everytime you change Connections Sets, even when I always used the same one.
BOTW was in my usb and it still works, but I never did the haxchi hack...
Bye Bye, TMS

ark76

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
My 5.5.2 console tried to dowload a System update last night. What could It be?

Attachments

• IMG_20170720_222233.jpg
    IMG_20170720_222233.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 269
  • IMG_20170720_222313.jpg
    IMG_20170720_222313.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 262

KockaAlex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
My 5.5.2 console tried to dowload a System update last night. What could It be?
Is there another update? (Maybe another "fix"?)
I'm not receive this update.

UPDATE: I checked this with custom DNS and my Wii U trying to download a not released update. When I changed the DNS to auto-obtain the downloading system update was lost. The latest version is 5.5.2, I provide.

Last edited by KockaAlex,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att is displaying prices like it's an ingredients list now lol