Homebrew Wii U New Update 5.5.2

TheWolfLord

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Turned off? As in unplugged? No it won't download the update if its unplugged. If you just have it turned off (red light) then yes it will still update. You should have DNS blocking at least setup
One other clarification. If you are below 5.5.1, can you still install CBCH and haxchi? IE, is there a way to update to only 5.5.1 if you need 5.5.1 to do so.

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One other clarification. If you are below 5.5.1, can you still install CBCH and haxchi? IE, is there a way to update to only 5.5.1 if you need 5.5.1 to do so.
You must be on 5.5.1 to install HaxChi. Check my guide. It has a list of games that include the 5.5.1 update.

TheWolfLord

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You must be on 5.5.1 to install HaxChi. Check my guide. It has a list of games that include the 5.5.1 update.
games with 5.5.1
  • Paper Mario Color Splash
  • Skylanders: Imaginators
  • Just Dance 2017
  • Minecraft: Story Mode - The Complete Adventure
  • Shantae: Half-Genie Hero
  • The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  • Darksiders: Warmastered Edition
  • Cars 3: Driven to Win
Thanks folks.

patrizl001

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
anyone know what the DNS to block updates is? It's currently set to 107.211.140.065 for primary and secondary, but I want to make sure I'm using the right one.

cubicool

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
>>>
"Use NNU patcher to access the eshop. Download the DS game that you need. It will fail because the system update will want to be downloaded first. Just unplug your Wii U. Plug it back in after about 2 minutes and then the DS game that you paid for will start to download the system update will be gone."
>>>

This is not working for me - System Update still sitting at the top of the download queue (with red 'X' plus 'Error' on it) despite leaving the WiiU off for several minutes (& several attempts).

This is on EU 5.5.1 after successfully buying Dr. Kawashima via NNU Patcher (due to DNS bypass). Dr. Kawashima is successfully added to the download queue, and can be set to download first BUT it continually stays below the dreaded 'System Update' with just 'Pending' and 'Estimating...'. Have also tried deleting Dr. Kawashima and re-downloading - same result. "System Update" (with X Error) is *always* there!

Anything else to do/check before I try the riskier 'System Update folder deletion' via ftpiiu_forever listed in another thread?

Thanks in advance.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The bright side of this update: Wii U Homebrew/Hacking Forums haven't been this active since Breath of the Wild release

Unfortunately, it had to take a firmware update to draw in that much attention. Genuine interest in the scene will not change and those who haven't cared or shown interest in developing it further will not change, I'm afraid. It shouldn't have to take
a firmware update IMO.

Reactions: Wishi

Aloc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So my system was fine. I went to the Loadiine website and seen the info informing me that I should change my DNS in order to avoid updating. So I changed it to the specified numbers and then my Wii U updated to 5.5.2 anyway. SO PISSED right now.

cubicool

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi rw-r-r_0644,
I guess you can't, sorry.
As I written it's only for the people who have the update currently in download, not installed.

Is there a brick-risk in simply running 'remove_update' from HBL? Or is the 'might not work' part simply mean it won't change anything if unsuccessful in removing the update?

Thanks for any info.

Reactions: Deniii

DonCaballero

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
So my system was fine. I went to the Loadiine website and seen the info informing me that I should change my DNS in order to avoid updating. So I changed it to the specified numbers and then my Wii U updated to 5.5.2 anyway. SO PISSED right now.

Wait, what? Is it even possible for the update to download with the DNS blocking it? Did your download start before you set the DNS?

Kleyon

Trophies
XP
Country
France
All feedback I have this far are telling that loadiine.ovh's DNL correctly block update... Even some people tried to manually launch update after setting DNS, resulting in an error code. So that weird ! oO

Gamer4647

Trophies
XP
Country
Shit, I didn't set up the DNS. The good thing is that I haven't been using my spare console recently, so it hasn't done anything yet.

rw-r-r_0644

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi rw-r-r_0644,

Is there a brick-risk in simply running 'remove_update' from HBL? Or is the 'might not work' part simply mean it won't change anything if unsuccessful in removing the update?

Thanks for any info.
It shouldn't brick, the may not work refers as it could fail deleting the update (but ofc I don't take any responsability)

Last edited by rw-r-r_0644,

RedRose30

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So all I use is homebrew and its apps. Is haxchi the only thing I need to install to use homebrew?

I don't want to install CFW unless I can't use homebrew without it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol