Hacking Wii U Homebrew Situation and FAQ

some1ne

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Most of the time my Wii U shutdowns itself when I plug an external hard drive to it. Could this be used to find some kind of USB based exploit, even if it's just on vWii? Or could it be because it draws too much power from the console at once when I plug the second USB?

Goku Junior

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Most of the time my Wii U shutdowns itself when I plug an external hard drive to it. Could this be used to find some kind of USB based exploit, even if it's just on vWii? Or could it be because it draws too much power from the console at once when I plug the second USB?

No, the Disk drive needs first a valid format to work in Wii u and use in PC, the format that Wii U use can't be acecced by the PC so It doesn't have a USB exploit.

TheChield

Ugly Troll
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Know what drives me mad? Foreigners who don't know what the fuck they're talking about, telling people who DO know what they're doing what to do and how to do it, in broken English. If you know so fucking much, go hack the Wii U on your own.
Well known hackers are not American you know ?
And I don't know what i'm talking about but I have working ROP for 5.0.0... But I'll never give it because of you ;) But People you "DO" things will find something...
No, we don't have access to any memory from v5, we were able to get it on v4.X because we had the binaries from someone else.
Nobody gave me any help but I finally manage to do "something" (changed my mii name... but only in RAM not in flash...)
But I don't understand where they found the syscalls adress as far as they never say anything here... (I know where I get mine...)

And forgive me to be rude, I didn't want this... I thought there were more than 3 people who really do things and could give some help in digging some other ways...(As I said I've never been able to do a 1:1 binaries by compiling, this mean that I have the original ones...)

There are a lot's of tutorials on smashing stacks and make a ROP on PPC (apple G4-G5...).

And after one year here, I give up !

Goku Junior

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Well so, a update relasing Wii U 5.1.0 update, some people says that this update will fix the exploit, how is the work with porting at 5.1.0U? I don't want to disturb you, only I want to see if you had working in something for 5.0, that's all, thank you!.

ALPHAMARIOX

A Whole Herd of Ugly
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.alphamariox.com
XP
Country
Canada
Click block sites and it should give you the option to block a url. Just enter those, I know they dont look like urls but they are.

They're the FQDN of the update servers from the looks of it. You can get their addresses by pinging them, which makes it relatively easy to add to your router's block list.

EL MODDER

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought my wii u brand new as soon as the vwii hack was released, I bought it I think I had to take a update so it would let me access its vwii, then I hacked it and stuck it back in my closet and I have never updated it again or even touched it again because I do not have any wii u games

once the wii u has joined the dark side like its father then wii u console sales will go way up

icon_xl.jpg

vonfnas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I checked my WiiU and I'm on 4.0.2 :)
I'm sticking to that until I know for dead sure that it's OK to update to 4.1.0.

(Does the EU-release of Mario Kart 8 come with 4.1.0?)

Xirix

Trophies
XP
Country
I know this is a tad premature, but assuming when a hack comes out to the public it only works on 4.0.? or 4.1.0, is there any information out there on what firmware Wii U's come with? Like all the info the 3DS scene has?

ALPHAMARIOX

A Whole Herd of Ugly
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.alphamariox.com
XP
Country
Canada
I know this is a tad premature, but assuming when a hack comes out to the public it only works on 4.0.? or 4.1.0, is there any information out there on what firmware Wii U's come with? Like all the info the 3DS scene has?

The closest to that would be the PPC Kernel exploits which have already been released for versions 4.0 and 4.1.0, if I'm not mistaken.

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Can we confirm that the vWii mode is unaffected by the update, then? As in, homebrew all continues to work fine?

Most of the 'problems' that people seem to be having seem to actually be unrelated to the update itself, people are just putting two and two together and speculating. If we could get confirmation from the major hackers in the scene, then those of us primarily concerned about vWii homebrew can safely update.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Playing the Judge Dredd arcade game prototype lol I can see why they didn't finish it but at the...