You should have a tab named "website Filter" looking like this:

Capture.PNG

Reactions: narutopet112

narutopet112

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I think mac adress filter but really dont know for sure. Why not google your router model number and look if there is a solution for dns blocking

narutopet112

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Damn it. My router sucks, and I can't use OpenDNS.... is there any other way to do dns/domain/ip blocks?

If you're wii u use wifi connection from the router that dns and ip block doesnt work then i suggest buying a new router. I really cant help you out maybe other people know a workaround?

narutopet112

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I actually agree that this conversation should be taken to a new thread. It isn't really related to Wii U hacking, just preventing bug patches from installing. The point of this thread is to find new vulnerabilities and explore the system in general.
Jeez so much for trying to help this isnt the gbatemp i knew

kp_centi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't really have anything to contribute with but I really hope someone sets a centralized repository of Homebrew Apps with decent Download hosting. I'd just hate to see future homebrews end up dead because the file expired like some Wii Homebrew apps

Marionumber1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's called a ROP chain.

AFAIK there's a lot of tweaking and assembling still going on, but i'm very out of the loop and haven't checked in with anyone in a little while.

We've been working on getting proper timing for about a month, after spending December writing the code and fixing bugs. You're still in the Skype group, by the way, you can see what we've been doing.

Damieh79

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Damn it. My router sucks, and I can't use OpenDNS.... is there any other way to do dns/domain/ip blocks?

I really believe that openDNS is a good and simple solution. If you can't do it, this is my idea:

You could download a hotspot creator (something like this) and create a hotspot using your computer. After sharing your internet (pretty easy to do) you should whitelist the wii's network card MAC address so it doesn't need to log in, and you should also go to the website filtering part (in hotspot's configuration) and block the IPs you want there.
Of course, you should change the wii so it connects to your self-made hotspot instead of your regular connection

The only requirement to this approach is that you need two network adapters (one for receiving internet and one for sharing it). You could use a wired connection and share it with wifi, or you could use two wifi adapters. If either the router or wii are close, you can get some cheap adapter for like four bucks or so and use that for the short-range connection.

Let me know if you need anything. Also, thanks again for the wii purchasing tip.

TeamScriptKiddies

Licensed Nintendo (indie) Game Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We've been working on getting proper timing for about a month, after spending December writing the code and fixing bugs. You're still in the Skype group, by the way, you can see what we've been doing.

Keep up the good work guys and take your time! Its much appreciated what you're doing for the homebrew scene!

Damieh79

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sounds a bit complex. Is there any way to get over my OpenDNS problem? My problem is that whenever I add a network for my IP, it says it already exists even though I have no networks.

Oh trust me, it's not very complex.

But going back to the openDNS topic: If you are certain that you've never before created a network with that address then it just means that someone else has, and it's probably inactive.

I have two simple ideas for this,: first one's simple enough: change your static ip address.
This is generally easy. Sometimes it's achieved only by disconnecting your modem from both power and network (the coaxial cable) and waiting for a "short" period of time (just disconnect everything before going to sleep).
You can try some other things. Connecting your modem directly to your PC (turn off/on the router after doing this) is one of them. After doing that you will most definitely be assigned a new IP to your computer. If you are, then you're almost set. Just connect it again and probably your IP will be different from before. If it's not that's okay, just change (clone) the MAC address of your router and reset the router again and it *will* be different. Lots of common routers have this option.
You can also try to mannualy assign a fake IP addres (123.123.123.123) in your router. Lots of routers have this option as well. When you do so, restart the router, wait a couple of minutes, and then remove the option.
If nothing works, then you could either call your ISP and tell them to please change your IP (make something up like "I'll have to change ISPs if you don't change my IP because of work issues", that worked for me once) or search the internet for more ideas.

The second simple thing you could (and *should* do, because you can do it now and then start with other options) is send a email to openDNS support explaining what's going on and they will likely fix this up).

Hopefully you'll be able to do this. If opendns doesn't work for some reason then just create the hotspot. You're freaking trying to hack the wii u, setting up a hotspot should be a piece of cake compared to that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Do I make you randy!!! Lol