Hacking Wii U Hacking & Homebrew Discussion

D

Deleted User

USB Loaders =/= Piracy.

well knowing the wiiu has no life anymore plus piracy has already begun, what is the point? he is just hindering everyone, and especially knowing the new president saying flat out that they are not going to work on the wiiu in a confrence, you might as well release it if you don't hacking the wiiu will become stale and fast, similar (some what) to the end of the super mario galaxy hacking cominity

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
There is no such thing as "IOSU" it's called IOS and it runs on the IOP.

Why do people keep using wrong names I wonder...
Because they thought they would call it "IOSU" so this wouldn't be confused with Wii IOSes? I dunno.

Reactions: EpicLPer
D

Deleted User

well people have been calling it that so, to attempt to not looking stupid (for potentailly using the wrong vocab)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

but you get my point, there is no point in not releasing it since Nintendo said it themselves They ARE NOT going to be working on the wiiu, and seeing the rise and fall of the smg hacking cominity this could very well fall just as bad as they did, (not enough updates not working on projects as hard, not simple easy to use/userfriendly programs,) and I'll repeat, pirating has already happened on wii u, loadiine gx, just grab a copy of someone elses game file and done, pirated, with the exclusion of internet. and honestly, I want to see what is truly possible with a IOSU, or wiiu IOS, or ARM. and plus Pirating IS always going to happen, and you know whats funny, is Pirating isn't effecting game sales, think about it, the poeple who Pirate are going to Pirate, people who buy the game sales come, guess what, if you look at it how i do it is impossible to stop it. but also backups of games is a way to digitally save/store data, what happens if my disc get too scratched, then use the digital data. kind of see what I mean
those who don't pirate don't know it exists, or, they are too afraid that is what keeps pirating at bay usally, is how hard at times it could be, the reason the nintendo ds suffered was because a company used/ made a device that is so simple that anyone could use it, thats why the nintendo ds had such issues

Last edited by ,
D

Deleted User

unless someone else figures it out, (which out of frustration it probly will) iosu hacks will probly be release publicly by someone else, or a leak happens, chances of leak is 1%

Bug_Checker_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Yes!!!! There should be a Special Place in HELL for people who make up names for things or use those incorrect names that have been made up by other people.

I'm lookin' directly at the people who game up with:
Starlet
Starbuck
AnCast
Iosuhax (which is neither iosu nor a hax)

Gimme an f-in' break. Preach on this issue somewhere else.

Last edited by Bug_Checker_,

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well knowing the wiiu has no life anymore plus piracy has already begun, what is the point? he is just hindering everyone, and especially knowing the new president saying flat out that they are not going to work on the wiiu in a confrence, you might as well release it if you don't hacking the wiiu will become stale and fast, similar (some what) to the end of the super mario galaxy hacking cominity
who are you talking to

shinyquagsire23

SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes!!!! There should be a Special Place in HELL for people who make up names for things or use those incorrect names that have been made up by other people.

I'm lookin' directly at the people who game up with:
Starlet
Starbuck
AnCast
Iosuhax (which is neither iosu nor a hax)

Gimme an f-in' break. Preach on this issue somewhere else.
Tell that to all the "OMG A9LHAX MASTER RACE" people, the unit being exploited is called K9L (ie Kernel9Loader), it's in the header as K9L1 or K9L2 depending on the version. Although to be honest, IOSU is a nice all-around shorthand for 'Wii U IOS', and iosuhax is a firmware hack for Wii U IOS. If you're referring to specifics within IOSU though, IOS would be more proper.

Bug_Checker_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tell that to all the "OMG A9LHAX MASTER RACE" people, the unit being exploited is called K9L (ie Kernel9Loader), it's in the header as K9L1 or K9L2 depending on the version. Although to be honest, IOSU is a nice all-around shorthand for 'Wii U IOS', and iosuhax is a firmware hack for Wii U IOS. If you're referring to specifics within IOSU though, IOS would be more proper.

But proper does not make it any less confusing to the average user.
There are now wIOS and vIOS and IOSU and soon to be nIOS or xIOS OR NXIOS.
And forget about using a search engine when there are cIOS (Cisco's ios) OR iOS(Apple) added to the mix.
But what are we to do when there is no vWii (not a Nintendo term) or there are multiple and different IOS versions of wIOS and vIOS(with the same f-in' version numbers)?

Reactions: pwsincd
D

Deleted User

who are you talking to

myself, lol, no, pretty much to the people I was talking to earlier. and aren't you the splatoon hacker who got their account taken down? like youtube/twitch, or something like that. sorry if I'm wrong, but your account picture reminds me of that person

And forget about using a search engine when there are cIOS (Cisco's ios) OR iOS(Apple) added to the mix.
But what are we to do when there is no vWii (not a Nintendo term) or there are multiple and different IOS versions of wIOS and vIOS(with the same f-in' version numbers)?

exactly, (im not average I can understand a little more than that, but only a little more)

Last edited by ,
Reactions: NWPlayer123

punderino

aka Big-PeePee Swinger
Trophies
Website
www.anus.trade
XP
Country
United States
Fucking preach bud!

Reactions: Bug_Checker_

shinyquagsire23

SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think you kinda missed my point, IOSU is definitely the better shorthand but if I'm talking about, say, the MCP module in IOS, I wouldn't say IOSU.

retroben

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found two addresses for DK64 that have 789000 (1000 off TicksPerFrame) for 32bits in decimal as their values when modifying 0x8000EFD2 between lagfix and default.
So that would mean it is slightly under-ticked to possibly balance out challenge time counters from the lagless higher fps.

Reactions: ShadowOne333

Merzeal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick question, and I couldn't find too much info... Say I wanted to dump assets from XCX, what would be my best option for doing so? I have a disc copy, would the process be just ripping and taking the files to PC or should I just go the "easy route"? I'm not even sure what form the textures / models are in, or if they would be usable.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    meowie13 @ meowie13: hellooo everyone