Hacking Wii U Hacking & Homebrew Discussion

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I get confused on file locations ok on this Download loadiine or homebrew browser and extract the contect on your SD card making sure the elf file is in wiiu/apps/(application name). IT NEEDS TO BE THE EXACT FOLDER NAME !

Do I put the contents of loadline in apps or the folder of loadline

Also I installed java 8 and changed the command prompt to the location of of haxserver.jar but when I put in the command java -jar HaxServer.jar it says java is not recognized as an internal or external command operating program or batch file

fraret

A puffin
Trophies
Website
localhost
XP
Country
I get confused on file locations ok on this Download loadiine or homebrew browser and extract the contect on your SD card making sure the elf file is in wiiu/apps/(application name). IT NEEDS TO BE THE EXACT FOLDER NAME !

Do I put the contents of loadline in apps or the folder of loadline

Also I installed java 8 and changed the command prompt to the location of of haxserver.jar but when I put in the command java -jar HaxServer.jar it says java is not recognized as an internal or external command operating program or batch file
Which OS do you use?
This is a PC problem, not a wii U one.

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to figure out if my Wii U just doesn't read sd cards or not in system settings under data management are they supposed to show up or not? I formatted to fat32.

I can't do the kernal exploit and I'm trying to troubleshoot if it's my internet or my sd card. When I go to http://192.168.5.58/hax?kexploit10 it doesn't load and gives me error 112-1028 could not display page also tried ?kexploit31.

Just tried a 3rd sd card and doesn't seem to be read, it does show up in wii mode though.

Last edited by ,

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's cheap plastic
And the competition isn't? For what it is I'd say it's actually very sturdy.
the OS is only tolerable to pre school kids.
Speak for yourself, I find it very useable. It does exactly what it needs to and nothing more (i.e. launch games and applications)
It's slow
Subjective
Again, subjective
and needs the whole thing revamping from scratch.
Revamped? I'd hope so, otherwise as a hardware and software provider Nintendo wouldn't be moving forward. From scratch? Meh, maybe, it depends on what form the NX takes. If it requires new code, by all means write it custom for the console. If they end up using a more streamlined version of the Wii U OS, though, I wouldn't complain in the slightest.

AboodXD

I hack NSMB games, and other shiz.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
their 5.5.1 browser patch failed so they just said fuck it :P

Seriously, how many times do I have to say "It didn't fail! They did patch Marionumber1's exploit. It's just that another exploit (with another unpatched bug) made by another person was out by mistake..."?

*coughs*
yellows8's exploit.

Last edited by AboodXD,

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
good evening folks, as always i come to this threads in hopes of developers putting their advances on homebrew. not interested at all in piracy, mostly on emulators, and mods... any update on that end?
Yeah but most of it's not postworthy or private schtuff. Title loading will be loads easier after we can install titles to an emuNAND and load over the network, can boot into a clean environment, gonna get there eventually^tm. I personally am biding my time until some push comes.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4
Trophies
Website
heyquark.com
XP
Country
Australia
good evening folks, as always i come to this threads in hopes of developers putting their advances on homebrew. not interested at all in piracy, mostly on emulators, and mods... any update on that end?
Over on the public side of things we're all wasting time and mocking @NWPlayer123's "IOSU exploit", so not much from us unless you like flashing colours and cool fonts.

Reactions: Subtle Demise
Trophies
Website
heyquark.com
XP
Country
Australia
pfft I don't have the exploit, it's all the other nerds on Skype that do :^) I'm staying away from the brickifier until it's stable
Ahh, but you're the one who can post a video of colours scrolling down a screen and have all of GBATemp at your mercy/in a shitstorm in a few hours. What's not to make fun of there?

shinyquagsire23

SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've made a good amount of progress with decaf-emu's Wii U Toolkit (wut), which is to prepare for native homebrew. So far I've run into a few minor issues while porting things, but it's becoming stable. Has proper allocation, stdio, etc now. The difference between this and .elf is basically no limits on executable size (.elf has a 10MB limit, similar limits with 3DSX prevented ports of ScummVM from running without having games with really large executables), as well as proper multitasking and cleaner execution. Plus you can load the binaries from Loadiine if you want to mess with it without needing IOSU.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
I've made a good amount of progress with decaf-emu's Wii U Toolkit (wut), which is to prepare for native homebrew. So far I've run into a few minor issues while porting things, but it's becoming stable. Has proper allocation, stdio, etc now. The difference between this and .elf is basically no limits on executable size (.elf has a 10MB limit, similar limits with 3DSX prevented ports of ScummVM from running without having games with really large executables), as well as proper multitasking and cleaner execution. Plus you can load the binaries from Loadiine if you want to mess with it without needing IOSU.
That's pretty neat.
That way, Loadiine will become, basically, the ultimate all-in-one loader.

vgmoose

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
That's pretty neat.
That way, Loadiine will become, basically, the ultimate all-in-one loader.
Good luck with this world-- you can't even say loadiine in #wiiudev

Code:
<vgmoose> hey guys just checking something real quick
<vgmoose> loadiine
*** vgmoose was kicked from #WiiUdev by EasterEgg [Fuck off - (Kick #1042)]

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP