Wii U Hacking & Homebrew Discussion

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by filfat, Jun 15, 2014.

1. Warbeast

Warbeast Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 30, 2015
    i dunno but if i went to work after xmas and asked for 2 months vacation togther ill end up on a permenent vacation lol

I pwned U!, nonameboy and josh87402 like this.
  2. EpicLPer

EpicLPer Nice unless you give me a reason to hate you ;)

Mar 13, 2015
    Austria
    Austria
    If I'd ask my boss for a 2 month vacation he'd probably give it to me...

3. Warbeast

Warbeast Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 30, 2015
    yh my boss would give it to me to the boot that is not 2 months off right after a xmas break

4. codychaosx

codychaosx GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 15, 2009
    United States
    Wisconsin
    Didnt he say "vacations" in quotes? Poor dude was probably recently fired or suspended. lol

Rizzorules, EpicLPer and josh87402 like this.
  5. LysergCooltyp

LysergCooltyp I don't know why the microwave burns

Nov 4, 2011
    Or he took his bonus time instead of getting the over time as payment. The timing is odd, since most companies wouldn't allow that right after christmas, but it's not our place to judge. We should be happy he got the free time.

josh87402 likes this.
  6. BoxNinPlay

BoxNinPlay GBAtemp Regular

Jan 4, 2016
    United States
  7. zantzue

zantzue GBAtemp Regular

Mar 14, 2009
    Basque Country
    Teachers. I know it first hand.

TotalInsanity4 likes this.
  8. EpicLPer

EpicLPer Nice unless you give me a reason to hate you ;)

Mar 13, 2015
    Austria
    Austria
  9. lonemoonHD

lonemoonHD 7

Dec 31, 2015
    Norway
    Hey guys! I've had a hard time repacking my folders into SARC (turns out UWizard packs them incorrectly, they keep crashing when I open WiiUExplorer)-

I resorted to using a tool from @NWPlayer123, and that's SARCTools. However, I can't get SARCPack.py to load.

I have Python installed. I keep dropping the folder on it, but SARCPack.py just keeps crashing. I have yaz0enc (it's required) in the same folder, but I still fail to pack my folder in SARC.

Any advice would help me tremendously.

CosmoCortney likes this.
  10. mjohn89

mjohn89 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 19, 2013
    United States
    could work outside I'm layed off for the winter.

11. NWPlayer123

NWPlayer123 GBAtemp Addict

Feb 17, 2012
    United States
    The Everfree Forest
    Depends on what you're using, the whole thing is a little iffy, back then I've only tested with python 2, 3'll probably break

lonemoonHD likes this.
  12. TotalInsanity4

TotalInsanity4 GBAtemp Supreme Overlord

Dec 1, 2014
    United States
    Under a rock
    He could be a professor/teacher on sebaticle

13. BoxNinPlay
    This message by BoxNinPlay has been removed from public view by Minox, Jan 27, 2016, Reason: Offtopic.
    Jan 27, 2016
  14. Net-KILLER
    This message by Net-KILLER has been removed from public view by Minox, Jan 27, 2016, Reason: Offtopic.
    Jan 27, 2016
  15. iAqua

iAqua

GBAtemp Patron
    iAqua is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Dec 7, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Im going to bring up something Hykem said a bit ago. I have been receiving a lot of hate for saying its "probably" coming before February. This is what Hykem has said.

So, I’ve got good news and bad news.
    The bad news is that I’m going to postpone the release again. I said this week would be a more realistic release date, but I never confirmed it would happen then. Still, it’s not a huge delay and it’s definitely not to wait for a new firmware update.
    Like I stated before, I have the entire month of January free just to work on this and the exploit will be released and maintained before February (yes, I’m sure of that).
    Now the good news, which should explain the additional delay. I need some time to pursue something I found in the MCP module. If I’m correct about this, we should be able to get a boot-time exploit. The reason for that is that the MCP module is responsible for launching “master” titles (like the PPC kernel, for example) and I found a bug that, if it turns out to be exploitable, should allow to hijack execution while MCP is still preparing to launch stuff. This means, early IOSU access and a direct boot into an exploitable environment. Not to mention that MCP is the IOSU user module with most privileges (next to BSP that is) and having access to it alone is more than enough to own the IOSU kernel at any given time.
    I believe it’s important to look into this because if it works, no one will have to worry about possibly bricking consoles by installing custom titles (homebrew channel, for example) and then attempting to launch them before triggering the exploit again after a fresh boot.

With that said, if this turns out to be nothing, I’ll release the exploit right away.

16. Krak-ON
    This message by Krak-ON has been removed from public view by Minox, Jan 27, 2016, Reason: Offtopic.
    Jan 27, 2016
  17. epicmartin7
    This message by epicmartin7 has been removed from public view by Minox, Jan 27, 2016, Reason: Offtopic.
    Jan 27, 2016
  18. Krak-ON
    This message by Krak-ON has been removed from public view by Minox, Jan 27, 2016, Reason: Offtopic.
    Jan 27, 2016
  19. epicmartin7
    This message by epicmartin7 has been removed from public view by Minox, Jan 27, 2016, Reason: Offtopic.
    Jan 27, 2016
  20. josh87402

josh87402 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 13, 2016
    Cote d'Ivoire
    Where did you find this?

21. iAqua

iAqua

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Dec 7, 2015
    United Kingdom
    I browsed many sites and was able to find this although I can't say where.

22. hashcheck1

hashcheck1 GBAtemp Fan

Aug 5, 2013
    he said that a while ago... just be patient

23. Insidious611

Insidious611 GBAtemp Regular

Oct 23, 2010
    United States
    It's on here, and it's older than pretty much any of the more recent stuff. Just go to https://gbatemp.net/members/hykem.349530/ and you'll see it like, 11 posts down from the most recent. We are *literally* rehashing old data now.

24. frogboy

frogboy lacking both style and grace

Dec 6, 2011
    United States
    postbusters: gbatemp edition

the #1 rule of this thread is to keep hykem's recent postings page bookmarked

josh87402 likes this.
  25. shaneod

shaneod GBAtemp Fan

Mar 3, 2011
    That's a really outdated post that he made before unforeseen issues occured, causing him to not be online for several weeks.
    See this more relevant post:

josh87402 likes this.
  26. iAqua

iAqua

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Dec 7, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Not to be rude, but " You'll still get your exploit as promised. "

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted