Wii U Hacking & Homebrew Discussion

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by filfat, Jun 15, 2014.

1. golden45

golden45 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 23, 2015
    France
    Up to 32gB.

The size of rpx I can load is independant with the capacity of the sdcard.

Margen67 likes this.
  2. oumoumad

oumoumad GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 20, 2015
    France

Yeah sure, since you said you can't load rpx on sd card, so only option now is network, but how much big can the rpx be ?
    32gb is more than enough for decent homebrew. And even the biggest wii U games are around 15gb I think.

3. Reecey

Reecey Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)

Mar 7, 2010
    At Home :)
    @Reecey i think most have us have xD

I had never heard of him but surely its just a joke, I did find it very funny when I first bumped into it and at the end of the rant of the wiiu he says"I will still buy one" ha ha. I had to post it up it was funny, I thought others would of found it amusing too! :)

Last edited by Reecey, Sep 20, 2015
  4. golden45

golden45 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 23, 2015
    France
    Not enough =)

5. Reecey

Reecey Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)

Mar 7, 2010
    At Home :)
    @AboodXD @gbatemp.net

Just thought I would mention as well you guys will love what Aboods doing to NSMBURemix, he really is putting a lot of hard effort into this game! I have to give him his dues respect on this. :)

Last edited by Reecey, Sep 20, 2015
    AboodXD likes this.
  6. oumoumad

Apr 20, 2015
    France
    I'm confused, what do you mean by not enough ? you're saying network is not enough for rpx ? since you can't use SD for that now.
    And with IOSU access I suppose you won't need network anymore even for rpx ?

7. iCEQB

iCEQB GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 2, 2013
    United States
    How come you can access the SD card w/o IOSU access ??
    Can the browser write to it?

8. AboodXD

AboodXD I hack NSMB games, and other shiz.

Oct 11, 2014
    United Arab Emirates
    Not under a rock.
    Because, it doesn't need so far, so obvious. :P

9. iCEQB

Nov 2, 2013
    United States
    But that's what I'd like to know.
    Does that mean, if one would exploit a program / game which can read / write to the a USB storage (if something like that exists on the Wii U), we would gain USB access w/o exploiting IOSU ?

10. oumoumad

Apr 20, 2015
    France
    I think since he said he can only load the game files and not rpx from SD card :
    Shows that he doesn't have the full access to SD card, but only limited access.
    We still gonna need IOSU for full access I think.

11. Korin

Korin GBAtemp Regular

Jan 10, 2015
    I know this may not be the right place or the right way to ask, but I have a "feature suggestion". Would it be possible to turn off the Wii U Tablet's screen and have it stay dark until a specific combination of buttons was pressed to turn it back on? I really don't like the tablet's screen being on while I play games that have no use for it. Especially since the battery already drains so fast.

I pwned U! likes this.
  12. oumoumad

Apr 20, 2015
    France
    Yeah that was suggested before, in fact someone mentioned here that he was working on it. I would really like to have that feature too, it bothers me the fact that the tablet is on while I only look at the tv.

I pwned U! and Korin like this.
  13. golden45

golden45 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 23, 2015
    France
    I was not able to access the sd card while in the menu.

If you want to use the sdcard you need an application that has the right to access it, mii maker, ssb4, ...
    So you need to have code being executed by this application, like pygecko does for example. It patches the coreinit start function, which launch a thread each time a new application is launched.
    The code executed by pygecko then runs with the rights of the current application.
    That way you can access the SD card, read/write. SD cards are formatted in FAT32, while USB uses a special encrypted format.
    In my case of the rpx it's different because it's done while the loader is executing, sd access is not possible at this time, not even sockets.

Last edited by golden45, Sep 20, 2015
    Margen67, CosmoCortney and Markus95 like this.
  14. iCEQB

Nov 2, 2013
    United States
    Ah right, now I'm on the same page ... Nintendo always did this seperation of executable files and game assets on the disc.
    For me game files are usualy both :D

15. dibas

dibas Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 16, 2008
    Bahamas, The
    Hi,
    I found a way to theoretically do just this, disable all extra features of the gamepad like sound and the display and use it just as a controller, some time ago.
    You can read more about it here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/wii-u-hacking-homebrew-discussion.367489/page-514#post-5643453
    Unfortunately I can't test or debug my homebrew on my console as it's running 5.4.0, which is why I asked for anyone interested with a console on 5.3.2 to contact me. Nobody did though, so I thought there wasn't that much interest in exploring this. In case you have a console on 5.3.2 and would like to test that with me, just drop me a message!

nonameboy and Margen67 like this.
  16. oumoumad

Apr 20, 2015
    France
    Yeah, that's the post I was talking about, so it was you ^^.

Why don't you contact MN1 to give you access to the private browser exploit for 5.4.0, all you need is to prove you can do some useful homebrew stuff with it (that tweak is an example) ^^. At the end of the day it's a benefit for all the hacking scene.

Margen67 likes this.
  17. dibas

dibas Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 16, 2008
    Bahamas, The
    MN1 is busy atm. I'm in contact with him. I'm still trying to find my way around all the system stuff i've never done before, so I think quite some time will pass before my stuff is really productive or useful, so I'm in no hurry ;)

Margen67 likes this.
  18. oumoumad

Apr 20, 2015
    France
    I see, anyway, any contribution is very appreciated :)

Margen67 likes this.
  19. BullyWiiPlaza

BullyWiiPlaza Nintendo Hacking <3

Aug 2, 2014
    Germany
    It's very unlikely that will work out ;)

Margen67 likes this.
  20. JaceCearK1

JaceCearK1 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 18, 2015
    Gambia, The
    Well, crediar's spoofer is almost complete in some kind, so I don't think it's unlikely at all! :P

VinsCool and BullyWiiPlaza like this.