Hacking Wii U Hacking & Homebrew Discussion

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
I'd like to see Iwata's face when the homebrew scene releases an N64 emulator for Wii U mode before Nintendo brings any N64 game to the eshop :rofl:

I wonder if the reason they couldn't release N64 on Wii U is because compatibility issues, but I don't think they would have problems with the CPU, since it's derivated from Wii Power PC architecture. They promised N64 games, long ago...

FPSRussi4

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Possibly, it'd need some fancy modifications for 60FPS, but HD should be pretty achievable.

Awesome, I feel like THEN Iwata's face would drop, because the only way an official emulator could top the homebrew one would be with 20 free games to each user. Add compatibility with the Gamecube Controller and Nintendo have failed.

Xuman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wonder if the reason they couldn't release N64 on Wii U is because compatibility issues, but I don't think they would have problems with the CPU, since it's derivated from Wii Power PC architecture. They promised N64 games, long ago...

I heard that Harvest Moon 64 was recently reported to not going to be released on Wii U VC because of compatibility issues. There may be things we dont know about preventing them from releasing the games flawlessly. Either way, I wanna do it first

Reactions: Margen67

Xuman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you have a link?

Here you go, Its from Natsume themselves LINK Though I will quote

"On whether Harvest Moon 64 could hit the Wii U Virtual Console…
Unfortunately, Harvest Moon 64 suffers from technical issues that won’t allow for it to come to the Wii U. We know how beloved the title is by fans, and we have tried everything possible to have it released on the Wii Virtual Console, but there is nothing that can be done."

I think this may just be about bringing it to VC in general, but think of plenty other good N64 games that weren't on Wii VC for whatever reason, A possible reason (Other than the wii not able to do it) for the delay is to check, double check, and trip check checkin it to make sure that everything runs right.

I'd rather have each game run right imo

But that's just a theory.

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
They had problems porting it to Wii, and it seems they couldn't port it to Wii U either, I wonder if it's isolated game problem, or just Wii U can't handle N64 games :(

fatsquirrel

Trophies
XP
Country
^

What scene taught me through the years is that if it looks fake its definately fake, and if it looks real its probably fake.

So I really wouldnt get my hopes up for this one.

Mr. Mysterio

Super Genius
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A crash is not an exploit. We have several crashes but not an exploit yet.

More than several... It seems like every noob posts a "potential browser exploit". :rofl: Even me. It seems like many people automatically assume that a crash is exploitable. My favorite counter-argument is this:

newuser926820: i found a way to crash the wiiu! It always works every time. The screen goes black. With this new exploit we'll have backup loader in no time!!!
Marionumber1: Please give more details.
newuser926820: The method is very simple: unplug the power cord! This always crashes it no matter what its running!! :D
TotalInsanity4: *post censored* - reason: extreme language
NWPlayer123: How do you recommend we run unsigned code using that method? :teach:
newuser926820: I dont know haw expliots work. You're the expert not me. I cant do complex stuff like that.
Mr. Mysterio: How do you expect the processor to run code when it doesn't have power?!? :unsure:
newuser926820: blah blah ps4 emulator blah blah goku in smash blah blah minecraft on wii u plz kthnxbai
Vulpes Abnocto: Do I even need to say why I've locked this thread? :vul1:

Xuman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
More than several... It seems like every noob posts a "potential browser exploit". :rofl: Even me. It seems like many people automatically assume that a crash is exploitable. My favorite counter-argument is this:

newuser926820: i found a way to crash the wiiu! It always works every time. The screen goes black. With this new exploit we'll have backup loader in no time!!!
Marionumber1: Please give more details.
newuser926820: The method is very simple: unplug the power cord! This always crashes it no matter what its running!! :D
TotalInsanity4: *post censored* - reason: extreme language
NWPlayer123: How do you recommend we run unsigned code using that method? :teach:
newuser926820: I dont know haw expliots work. You're the expert not me. I cant do complex stuff like that.
Mr. Mysterio: How do you expect the processor to run code when it doesn't have power?!? :unsure:
newuser926820: Gimme backup loaders!!!!
Vulpes Abnocto: Do I even need to say why I've locked this thread? :vul1:

You for got to add
Newuser4312312: This video said blah blah ps4 emulator blah blah goku in smash blah blah minecraft on wii u plz kthnxbai

Reactions: Mr. Mysterio

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: ballcock