Hacking Wii U Hacking & Homebrew Discussion

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey NWPlayer, slightly OT but I didn't want to make a new thread for it, I read a while back about a tool that can view all the assets of a Wii U disc. Does this work with all games or is it restricted to certain versions built with an earlier SDK?

I am thinking about Mario Party 10 that has just been released. Before people start bashing this heh, I was thinking of looking through the assets to see if there is any reference to the Silver Mario Amiibo as I have seen some screenshots of the Gold Amiibo in game. It is more out of curiosity than anything else.

That's the first thing I plan to get once the Webkit exploit we're working on is ported. I bought the game specifically for dumping/game modding (and I wouldn't be opposed to sharing files but that should be taken somewhere other than this thread)
Yes, it should work on any game you're able to run, since we're just replacing coreinit's calls to point to our code. If we ask to read the filesystem it should work as long as the game is running (since it can access its own files). That includes both discs and downloads. Even SMG2/Metroid Prime Trilogy should be dumpable.

No offense (just a question to be honest), but you have been saying "once we have a new WebKit exploit" for quite a few weeks iirc. You were pretty confident that there would be one. Can you still confirm that 5.3.2 users are safe or is there a higher possibility that there's no new WebKit exploit to be found than you originally thought?

It's still possible, just as Marionumber1 said most of us have been busy. We now have a proof of concept in a VM and we're currently in the process of porting it to 5.3.2.

IbbyPlays

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is how I feel:
ron-paul.gif
Warning: Can cause seizures.

yahoo

G͝B͢A͜t͞em҉p̡ R̨e͢g̷ul̨aŗ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not quite, we still need to get timing better (it's okay right now but could be better) and then obfuscate.

Do you know how the webkit/kernel exploit combo will be packaged? For example, will it be be a website that we direct the wiiu browser to, or will it be an html file that we host on our own local networks... or both, or something else?

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you know how the webkit/kernel exploit combo will be packaged? For example, will it be be a website that we direct the wiiu browser to, or will it be an html file that we host on our own local networks... or both, or something else?

No idea, it depends on if we work on a homebrew launcher first (kinda doubt it with where things are now but you never know). The only thing I'm pretty sure about is that we want to get the Webkit exploit + new build system out as soon as possible so other people can start working on stuff. Once it's out then we'll worry about releasing the kernel exploit. No idea how it'll be released though, just that they'll be seperate releases.

Mr. Mysterio

Super Genius
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

There is a website in development for hosting Wii U homebrU and exploits. It will be released when the kernel exploit is released.

typ0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
That's the first thing I plan to get once the Webkit exploit we're working on is ported. I bought the game specifically for dumping/game modding (and I wouldn't be opposed to sharing files but that should be taken somewhere other than this thread)
Yes, it should work on any game you're able to run, since we're just replacing coreinit's calls to point to our code. If we ask to read the filesystem it should work as long as the game is running (since it can access its own files). That includes both discs and downloads. Even SMG2/Metroid Prime Trilogy should be dumpable.

Awesome, thanks for the reply, can't wait. I have picked up MP10 in anticipation even though I understand these things can take time. Thanks for all the contributions you and the other devs have made :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    I have never done that either.
    closest ive done is getting to target a couple hours early in the moring to get some amiibos.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Im back
    But that topic makes me sad. :(
    Abusive narcissistic ex shame guilted me into selling them becasue my gaming and interests were childish like a little kid collecting toys. :(
    +1
    I had soooooooooooo many of them. All still sealed.
    +1
    I eventually had to contact a domestic abuse advocate to help me get out of the apartment I was in a lease with her. And filed a restraining order on her cuz she kept harassing me after i left her.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I didnt bring my Charger and nobody here has one compatible with my phone
    either you have usb C and no one else does, or everone else has usb c except you. haha
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @RedColoredStars, i don't have usb c
    That happened to me for like a year. lol. I was the only one of all my friends and family to still have an old phone.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @RedColoredStars, my phone is from around 2019
    Mine was from 2017. lolol. I just got this new one like 6 months ago. Not even new, second hand cheapo $40 phone. But it has usb c. lol
    I cant justify $1k+ on a nice ass phone. I can spend that on a 75" tv screen. Why a 6" screen device cost me the same? lol
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I had a iPhone 5 for like 6 years, till last year, and had to get new phone, when phone companies stop using the cdna networks, which the iphone5 used.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A phone can do more than a TV
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    These smart TVs are getting close tho. Gonna be like "back to future" TVs before long.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah a phones going to always be more powerful than a TV if the TVs $2grand maybe but why when I can put a smaller device in my pocket that does basically everything a TV already does
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I can justify a decent $800 smartphone that'll last 3 years when I could get a 65" TV for $400 and buy a decent micro computer for $100 more
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Tbf there are decent $400 smartphones in today's market that make top end spec phones unjust it's just what you want
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Found a Charger that works with my phone
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Yeah Ken I have 3 Samsung Phones now and honestly all 3 feel about the same
    A35 a S23 FE S24 Ultra lol
    Camera is about the only thing that legit separates them, unless you play games on your phone....
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Camera is about the only thing that legit separates them, unless you play games on your phone....