Hacking Wii U hack with 4GB sd card or 16gb USB?

ChrisYT

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
(warning : i'm not good at console hacking)

Hello. I was wondering if hacking my Wii U with a 4GB SD card or a 16GB USB was possible. I haven't found a way to hack my console with USB too. I've also heard that you need a 16GB SD card to dump the NAND, and i'm not even totally sure what a NAND is. I can't buy a 16GB SD by the way.

Thanks in advance.

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But remember some Wii U Games are 20 gb, and you need an sd card that fits them to install them to an external hard drive or internal. So you would need a 32 gb card to be able to install any Wii U game.

With a 4 gb sd card you can hack the Wii U but you will only be able to install the smallest games which most are not that small although there are some (i.e. Super Mario World, Captain Toad, New Super Mario Bros U, and most eshop games)

Last edited by EmulateLife,

ChrisYT

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
But remember some Wii U Games are 20 gb, and you need an sd card that fits them to install them to an external hard drive or internal. So you would need a 32 gb card to be able to install any Wii U game.

With a 4 gb sd card you can hack the Wii U but you will only be able to install the smallest games which most are not that small although there are some (i.e. Super Mario World, Captain Toad, New Super Mario Bros U, and most eshop games)
I have a 16GB and 32GB usb drives.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

If I was you I wouldn’t touch the vwii if you don’t understand the basics off a soft mod.
I don't really care if i break anything anyway.

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You didn't really read what I said the only way to install a game to a usb drive is by first putting it on a sd card and then you install it with a program called WUP Installer. If you only have a 4 gb sd card you cannot install a game bigger than 3.something gb. It doesn't matter how big your usb is if you don't have an sd card big enough you can't put the game on it to install it.

ChrisYT

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You didn't really read what I said the only way to install a game to a usb drive is by first putting it on a sd card and then you install it with a program called WUP Installer. If you only have a 4 gb sd card you cannot install a game bigger than 3.something gb. It doesn't matter how big your usb is if you don't have an sd card big enough you can't put the game on it to install it.
Oh, okay. But I wouldn't install big games anyways so it's fine.

And I will buy new SDs soon.

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope you've already researched them and know which ones you want because there's not that many small Wii U games. If you're just installing eshop virtual console games you'll be fine.

Just saw your edit, good idea.

ChrisYT

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
A nand backup is never wrong. Its just for the case you have a brick.
I forgot to mention it, but i never even had a small problem with console hacking.

Captain Toad,
Thank you for the game idea

BaamAlex

UDE GA NARU ZE!
Trophies
Website
hmpg.net
XP
Country
Germany
I forgot to mention it, but i never even had a small problem with console hacking.

Thank you for the game idea
Actually, I do not care if you want to create one or not. But it is never wrong. And besides, you do not leave the backup on the memory card, but put it on the PC.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night