Gaming Wii turns on screen flickers and goes black. Wii mote flashes and shuts off.

willsdss

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
lowcostremotetechnicalsupport.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
I have tried holding in the reset button as well as the eject button and I haven't got anything to come up on the screen. So I am wondering if the system is screwed or not. I have taken it apart before to try to see if the dvd drive was plugged in right or stuck as it wouldn't play any wii games through its loader anymore. So I took it apart again and everything was fine and left it open and tried to turn it on and got the same thing. Does it have some type of special thing on it to know that the system isn't put together or something like little button things that are on the lips for the cover when you put it back together and causes the system to do this? Or is it that the video could possibly be screwed? I am sure it worked before I had put it away about a year ago now it decided to do this. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

yeshuachrist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your not giving enough information ... did you soft mod the wii? ... what dashboard is it using? ... I had a similar problem playing Yugioh 5D's for about an hour or 2 on a 4.3 wii, then the wii would stop playing sound and the controls would become unresponsive. Then after restarting the wii without disconnecting the power cord for about 10 to 30 seconds, the wii would power up flicker, and then the screen would go black, I did manage to fix this by updating a few of the cios files and by picking a ios that the Usb Loader couldn't identify directly (posted in the wii u homebrew section, I know the wrong section).

After a few tests after the fix, Yugioh played for more then 6 hours (got tired so couldn't play longer), another session it froze after about 4 hours, then another session it play for a long time too. The Error is probably one of those undetected "BCA" errors that shows up infrequently or bad programming in the game itself.

I think you have a bricked wii, maybe it was bricked by an update, or was exposed to high humidity or moisture at some point and you did not know about it, and it fried some of the internal memory.

(I'm only a partial fan of the wii, meaning I purchased it just to play the resident evil games, yugioh, and some of the shooters, everything else on it is just to boring for me to enjoy, plus I still play my xbox360, occasionally I still do play the wii. Yugioh 5D's (card game) was the only game I had this problem with, and it sounds like yours ... ... since nobody seems to have this problem on a non 4.3 dashboard wii, and its not reported anywhere, I suspect it may only be limited to the 4.3 wii, just like some people who play the "Fatal Frame 4 Translation" on a 4.3 wii have trouble getting it to work without softmoding their wii and attempting to play it through the usb loader, or so I've heard)

(Just off the top of my head, I know that if you set your wii to boot using the "bootmii" folder to the configuration screen and not to the wii homepage, you cannot use your wii mote, but I use this method because you can navigate using the gamecube controller to the homebrew section, and then to usbloader and play a game using the gamecube controller without having to use the wiimote. Or after starting a game then switch to using the wii mote, if the console is bricked it will simply not search for the wiimote and the wiimote will turn off after failing to find the wii console)

willsdss

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Yes, I have softmodded it with letterbomb hack. The last time I was using it the console was working fine just the dvd drive no longer worked and basically it wouldn't play wii games anymore only the emulators I had loaded to it. I am going to be trying to see if it will work if I load IOS's on it if the boards memory was wiped maybe this will work. I just know I can turn the wii on with the wiimote and no lights on the wiimote turn on just the screen flickers twice and the screen goes black. I try to turn the wiimote on and all it does is just keep blinking the 1 light and eventually goes off. Hopefully this brick fix method I found works and if so great but if not no big deal I will probably just get another wii and softmod it and everything should be fine. I probably left it in my basement too long and the moisture may have gotten to it possibly.

yeshuachrist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can always do what most people unofficially do. Buy a used wii from Gamestop, make sure you "steam" (hot water over a boiling pot) off the serial stickers, and swap your broken wii for the one you just bought. Then return it to Gamestop, just tell them it wasn't working and you want a refund.

With the 360's it was a few shipments people received, had the overheating issues lots of people exchanged them with walmart, swapped the stickers then got a refund, got there money back and a new console. So yes it does take place, but since I haven't don it in a long time, I'm not sure how easy it is, (technically that is, I replaced two controllers with gamestop less then a few months ago and got a refund, and replaced my old stuff) (Its quicker then ebay, you may be able to find a spare board to replace it with, you can get by with a damaged drive if you have a external drive or large usb stick)

willsdss

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Not sure I would do that. But I do know that the priloader doesn't seem to want to work. I powered on the system and held the reset button and nothing ever came up. I even tried putting stuff on the sd card and made it load but all I got was a black screen. So I am assuming that the hardware somewhere failed in the system.

Ozito

Who you gonna call?
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Not sure I would do that. But I do know that the priloader doesn't seem to want to work. I powered on the system and held the reset button and nothing ever came up. I even tried putting stuff on the sd card and made it load but all I got was a black screen. So I am assuming that the hardware somewhere failed in the system.

Check this thread.
Could be the Bluetooth module that's broken.

Ozito

Who you gonna call?
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I wonder if the power on function on the wiimote utilises the Bluetooth connection.

Can't find any information regarding that though.

willsdss

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Yes the wiimote power on option is utilized by bluetooth. As it wouldn't be able to communicate with the wii without it. As I have removed the module and the remote wouldn't power it on. But I think the wiimote is trying to tell me something as only the 1p light flashes instead of all of them like other wiimotes I used. And yes I did try taking the sd card out and it made no difference.

Reactions: Ozito

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    now that firm ware 11 supposedly is exploitable
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you see the fallout series
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea is pretty good
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    an elder scrolls movie or show would be cool, but which elder scrolls game would it be based on?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    oh who am i kidding it'd be skyrim
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but,since they're only a few years apart, a morrowind + oblivion series would also be cool
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Taco Saturday
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Uhh, It's 🌯 Saturday dude. :) js
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nope that for tomorrow, cinco de mayo, today is bbq chicken on the grill.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Juan's new years I forgot
    +2
    :hrth::toot::grog::grog::grog::bow: HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me :bow::grog::grog::toot::hrth:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    One day away from Juan's birthday
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only if you send him feet
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday!
    +1
    Thank You :D
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    heh I got a guy who created an account just yesterday asking me where to find mig switch roms
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    too much FBI watching this website to answer that kind of question lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Has the mig switch found loopholes without requiring game keys?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, happy birthday
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Lonely here
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Lonely here