Hacking Wii system 4.0?

K

Kurisuellegarden

I have no problems with his "bold" ways!! HAHAHAHAHAHAH... Sorry, very poor joke. xD Well, Hopefully we shall come across some Wii tools...but Nintendo seems to do a good job at locking up their things. They tried to hide "Mother" from us too! v.v I was thinking about making some apps for the Wii buttt...I couldn't test my work as often as I wanted too because of the Wii's horrible internet connection in my house so...I'd have to swap the SD into the Wii and then our and it got annoying fast. I was just going to make a text RPG to test too but all I got was a sentence before I got irritated. v.v xD

Lifesnoozer

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
jwbproject.se
XP
Country
I updated. Previously I had a 3.2E soft modded wii. Everything but booting discs from the disc channel (backups) works, installing wads, downgrading, backup launcher and so on.

Preloader certainly won't work, it'll install, but it'll brick your wii, forcing you to downgrade.

KillerFrog

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi folks

Can someone please explain to me, how to downgrate from 4.0e, i am a newbie, have cIOSDowngrader v1.0 - 1.2

Is it like this, make a folder on your SD cart, called "apps" in that folder make a new folder called "1. cIOSDowngrader_v1.2" and put it in your wii..!!

caitsith2

Trophies
a secret location 93 million miles from the sun
Website
www.caitsith2.com
XP
Country
Canada
I got bit by that IOS30 stub bigtime. I thought it was still functional, and installed only the system menu 3.2 wad, without the IOS30 whatever previous version wad, not knowing that IOS30 was only a stub in 4.0 update, resulting a full unfixable (without bootmii, which can only be installed by a nand programmer at this point.) brick.

Searcher2

Trophies
XP
Country
I too would like to know how to downgrade to 3.2e from 4.0e. I have tried the guide on here for downgrading from 3.4e or 3.3e but it fails at the step using the Custom WM to install 'cios_fix.wad' resulting in an Error! (ret = -1035). Obviously I have the Home Brew Channel installed. I upgraded to 4.0e thinking I was upgrading to 3.4e (as I didn't know 4.0e was released)

RT-9

Trophies
Website
www.trancecast.tk
XP
Country
Canada
well so far 2 games dont work, hbc not working... backup channel neither..., dammit any wad's i installed did'nt work too i HAD preloader installed

oh i also had tph on it...of course...

like i said elsewhere here...i guess it was here though.. i like to try all the stupid things
so guess why i,m doing this!:D

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
Searcher2 said:
I too would like to know how to downgrade to 3.2e from 4.0e. I have tried the guide on here for downgrading from 3.4e or 3.3e but it fails at the step using the Custom WM to install 'cios_fix.wad' resulting in an Error! (ret = -1035). Obviously I have the Home Brew Channel installed. I upgraded to 4.0e thinking I was upgrading to 3.4e (as I didn't know 4.0e was released)

the Custom WM uses IOS16 to install CIOS which is then itself used to run the downgrade process
HOWEVER, IOS16 has the signature bug FIXED since the last update that came with system menu 4.0 and therefore can NOT install CIOS anymore

if you don't have CIOS (ios249) previously installed, you can not downgrade this way sorry

QUOTEwell so far 2 games dont work, hbc not working... backup channel neither..., dammit any wad's i installed did'nt work too i HAD preloader installed

like i said elsewhere here...i guess it was here though.. i like to try all the stupid things

this contradicts all the report so far so I bet YOU have done something wrong
what means "not working" ? black screen ?
btw, preloader disappeared when system menu 4.0 got copied on your wii... puff

Searcher2

Trophies
XP
Country
Jacobeian said:
Searcher2 said:

the Custom WM uses IOS16 to install CIOS which is then itself used to run the downgrade process
HOWEVER, IOS16 has the signature bug FIXED since the last update that came with system menu 4.0 and therefore can NOT install CIOS anymore

if you don't have CIOS (ios249) previously installed, you can not downgrade this way sorry

I am a relative noobie at this... but I think I have previously installed CIOS (ios249) as I got part way through instructions a softmod install for 3.4e when I got a '-2011' but the step before this error was :

"~ Launch the normal "WAD Manager" and select the SD card and source, then install IOS16-64-v257.wad (select it with the D-Pad and hit the + key). Once installed hit the "Home" button to exit

~ Go back into the Homebrew Channel and load the "Wad ManagerIOS16" App, with this version of the Wad Manager you want to install "07-cIOS249-v7_waninkokoFULL-nw7.wad" from the SD card as above. Again when finished installing hit the "Home" button to exit.
"

Assuming I do have ios249 what do I do to downgrade? Thanks in advance.

chr0m

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
resistor said:
http://www.teknoconsolas.es/node/10764
waninkokos workarround, it installs 4.0 beneffits, system menu included, on a 3.2

QUOTE(monk3r @ Mar 26 2009, 10:58 PM) Man that guy works fast!

Anyone tried this yet?
I'm tempted, but seen no reports on anyone else trying it
smile.gif

skawo96

Trophies
XP
Country
Downloading "System Version 4.0E"
Downloading content #09

Error! Ret-2.

Second time it finished, but no SD card menu and menu version is now 3.3E

Searcher2

Trophies
XP
Country
Searcher2 said:
Jacobeian said:
Searcher2 said:

I am a relative noobie at this... but I think I have previously installed CIOS (ios249) as I got part way through instructions a softmod install for 3.4e when I got a '-2011' but the step before this error was :

"~ Launch the normal "WAD Manager" and select the SD card and source, then install IOS16-64-v257.wad (select it with the D-Pad and hit the + key). Once installed hit the "Home" button to exit

~ Go back into the Homebrew Channel and load the "Wad ManagerIOS16" App, with this version of the Wad Manager you want to install "07-cIOS249-v7_waninkokoFULL-nw7.wad" from the SD card as above. Again when finished installing hit the "Home" button to exit.
"

Assuming I do have ios249 what do I do to downgrade? Thanks in advance.

Having a look around another user (ephumuris) had the same error (-1035) when trying to do the cios_fix. He ignored this (posts 4, 10, 15, 17 in http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=119216&st=0 ) and carried on with the downgrade. His machine was a 3.3e

I was just about to risk this too on 4.0e... but then bottled it. What are the risks of me trying to do the IOSDowngrader and CIOSDowngrader? Can I brick it? How can I see if I have ios249 previously installed? Thanks.

EDIT : I have now loaded the cios_fix using the WAD Manager instead of the Custom WM (having found a fourm entry for someone else solving the -1035 error this way). It ran through okay without any errors. But should I be okay running the downgraders now? I am okay if it just fails but not okay if it bricks the Wii.

RT-9

Trophies
Website
www.trancecast.tk
XP
Country
Canada
Jacobeian said:
Searcher2 said:

QUOTEwell so far 2 games dont work, hbc not working... backup channel neither..., dammit any wad's i installed did'nt work too i HAD preloader installed

this contradicts all the report so far so I bet YOU have done something wrong
what means "not working" ? black screen ?
btw, preloader disappeared when system menu 4.0 got copied on your wii... puff

that stupid first quote of your's is not mine...

so what you say is just what i told... jeez... i knew that preloader was deleted but you guys told me what i had so i told what i had before the update duhh...

you should think before you post such post's like this

if someone know how to fucking install hbc on wii 4.0 tell me!!

i got the games working again all of them work again

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
QUOTE said:
that stupid first quote of your's is not mine...

well, I know it's not yours (you see, there is a name after the quote, this is the name of the person I was answering too)

and I am maybe a noob but I'm under 4.0 and still have hbc and backup channel working fine
I was trying to help you by asking what do you mean by "not working" but I feel you don't need any help afterall

RT-9

Trophies
Website
www.trancecast.tk
XP
Country
Canada
did i piss you off?? i did not meant to piss you off man...

i,ve a bad day today now i read it back again i see how stupid i wrote that last post of mine..
when i furious i do stupid things..
so sorry about that....ok??

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I just Luv having CEX :)