Hacking Wii system 4.0?

joda

Trophies
XP
Country
ether2802 said:
john_smarty said:
should i update then ?

YES, if you want update, and say good bye to preloader - softmii/miiwii - downgraders - wad installation...!!!
smile.gif
Well, I updated my starfall+cIOScorp:ed 3.2E to 4.0E now (no preloader), and still have Wad Manager, Backup Launcher and stuff working perfectly. Waninkoko's menupatcher 1.1 even works to boot stuff from disc channel. Wani's cMIOS rev3 installed like a charm, so gamecube backups work as well ...

EnigmaXtreme

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I just updated and I can still install WADS, because I had done the Oct 23rd fix

(http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=112945)

But im not seeing the new Arcade titles in the Wii Shop? Has the fix screwed up the Shop channel?

I havent tried running HBC or custom WADS off the SD Card yet

Munchi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to get access to the nintendo channel so i can download the rhythm heaven demon. When i go to enter the NC it says i need to update it via the wii shop channel, but i cant do that unless i update my wii. Im currently running on 3.2 firmware, with starfall installed. Do i need to update my wii to get access to the shop channel, or is there a work around?

Cygoku

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well, WW worth for me are,
Star Soldier R, Evasive Space, Mega Man 9, Gradius Rebirth and Bit Trip Beat.

Then VC,
Comix Zone, Gun Star Heroes, Tsumi to Batsu, Lunar Pool, Double Dragon II and all Mega Man.

So, 32Gb ?? Far from that for me.

Cygoku

gundalf

Trophies
XP
Country
FRanatic said:
tj_cool said:
OriginalHamster said:
FRanatic said:
Don't get too exited on the sd 'feature'. It simply copies vc/wiiware to the nand and launches it.
That will affect the flash strain considirably.

I though that SD used NAND like a buffer, copying info momentally, then it was erased
yes, it does NOT stay on the NAND afterwards, but it still needs enough free space to load the channel

Oh I didn't realise that. Still, the strain on the nand remains. Writing and deleting are 2 flash operations.

Who cares, you need to do trafic in terrabyte region for taking damage. This here is not some cheap stuff you know from USB Sticks.

dottor_male

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
This update will be wonderfull only if we can use HBC at full plus cIOS corp / gcLoader.
Otherwise 3.2 is still the best.

Littlegreenmen

Trophies
XP
Country
I thougtht the sd Wiiware/VC loading would be good so i updated, than moved world of goo from wii to sd and tried to load from the new sd menu but it said failed loading, anyone now why.
is it because i installed WOG on 3.2.
Should i use wad manager to reinstall WOG on new sysmenu4 than move to SD.

anyone now exactly what ios the new sysmenu4 runs of asif its none in the cioscorp im going to put that back on

joda

Trophies
XP
Country
Next up is cIOScorp. I assume, that since System Menu by now runs from IOS60/61 (or whichever it was), you wouldn't have any problems by swapping all the others.

LeonardoGolden

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope they find a way to have the updates but not block the homebrew capabilities.
I mean, I wanted to download the Rhythm Heaven demo, but NOOOO

joda

Trophies
XP
Country
This is odd. I installed cIOScorp v2 for ioses up to 20 to start. When putting in Zelda TP it wanted me to update. Did so, and after reboot the original started working. Dunno if they put in som sha1-check at last or something similar ...

Littlegreenmen

Trophies
XP
Country
Would preloader work with sysmenu 4.0

I understand a new hack file would be needed for the system menu version but would preloader main program work as i can not find anything saying you must only install on 3.2

mousex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can anybody tell me how I get the new systemmenu and IOS 60/61 from the Update server to install them on my Wii (EU/PAL)?
Or maybe someone can PM links to the WADs otherwise.

Hells Guardian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So far the Backup launcher with the CIOS preinstalled on the system will work...... The CIOSCorp method is F***ed for now. until someone figure out a method to re enable the system to install wad's Seems Nintendo has fully patched the trutcha signing bug. We need to find a way to repatch the bug into all the system IOS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Don't forget your one a day