JohnnyCheeks

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
Let me guess modchip + ntsc wii + pal game + "hmm, it asks me to update, why not?". Does this sound familiar?

It's like clockwork every other day.

Thread title should be "Without researching, I foolishly allowed an out of region game apply an update to a contrasting region system, therefore rendering it inoperable." .... or in laymans terms, "DURRRHHHFFFF DERPDERP"

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
dudenator said:
i didnt burn it i f***ing BOUGHT the game and its from my frickin region.

Sorry, but you should see WHY i guess that. You didn't add that info.

Hmm, don't you guys in Canada have access to both PAL&NTSC Wiis+games?

zeroecho

Trophies
XP
Country
dudenator said:
yeah i must not have anything installed cause i tried every solution here and nothing worked so i phoned nintendo. they said thet they were going to fix it free of charge even though my warranty is up.

What exactly did you tell them you'd done? Getting close to doing that myself except for the £200 for homebrew bricking your Wii price list I saw posted on the net somewhere.

My scenario...

I was running 3.4, WSR said needed the update to work (bought official for my region),was worried about applying official nintendo hack and removing HBC etc.

I tried waninkoko's 4.1 updater to no avail (=-1 errors), so tried preloader method (got the menu up and running but that was about it) at same time tried Starfall, managed to get it up to 4.0 using waninkoko's 4.0 updater which ran for ages but got me onto 4.0E, the HomeBrewChannel stopped working at this point, so I tried to put latest cISO + ISO36 on but still no HBC, thought "Stuff it, will see if 4.1 update from Nintendo works now"

So I ran the official 4.1 updater from the disk, the "needs update icon went away" and thinks looked ok (HBC still didn't work) by the time I got to that stage I had put loads of shit on my wii and was going to have to replicate to my gf's wii at the weekend so removed all the old WADs using WAD manager, and when I hit HOME to reboot after removed the old crap wads I thought were no longer in use, it froze couldn't do anything except power down, rebooted and BRICKED black screen.

Thinking trying WiiFriiMii out this weekend but no GC controller at the mo and no self booting modchip so am stuffed there, the Zelda orig hacked save should still be on there and official copy of the TP disk, from what I've read I need a higher level firmware on the disk I try to autoboot from, so not sure if WSR will let me do that or not.

Any advice would be much appreciated, I've just trawled the net for 4hours so please don't come with the "use the search key" as I've now lost the will about now. Pissed at myself as I'm normally methodical with Firmware updates, missed last few as haven't been that into my wii lately but got WSR for the gf's birthday so wanted to get it all running for her tonight and in the end I've totally cocked my wii up, and her wii is 3.3 so she's now worried if she runs the official update to play it that she will brick hers too.

Man what a crap night
frown.gif
mad.gif

jkmg3000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any help will be much obliged. I have the same problem but I don't have preloader, boot mii, or a modchip. Is there anybody that can help me? I'm screwed if I don't fix it. I can't send it to Nintendo.

pacowles

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Out of paranoia of this same situation happening to me, I always boot games via Gamma or GeckoOS, especially legit retail games that want me to update. That and install BootMii and make a backup of your NAND so you can always restore if you do screw up. Best of luck with your brick, make sure your next unit is protected from a repeat scenario.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Pussy? 🤢 🤮