bialasik

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hi.

Recently, I've installed softmod into Wii from this tutorial: https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-...backup-wii-gamecube-and-wiiware-games.360687/ All things, from part 1 to 6.

Much of games I already have are in NTSC, so I wanted to change region of my PAL Wii into NTSC.

I've done that in WiiMod. First I've installed System Menu for NTSC and then I've changed region (preset: USA) from the Advanced menu.

Then, I went to the HBC and selected Priiloader, then I've updated it.

Well, console is now bricked. After turning on only I see is black screen on TV. I've tried to push and hold reset and then turn on console, but nothing happened.

I can power console from Wiimote. 15 minutes ago console was healthy.

What can I do now? I have NAND backup before I started softmodding.

Please help,
Marcin

Last edited by bialasik,

Sticksandstones

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Strange...if you can't access Priiloader by holding reset while you're powering on your Wii, I think you're fricked.
Should you decide to buy a new Wii, remember to just use Priiloader to make your Wii region-free next time. Installing a different region's assets is where you went wrong.

bialasik

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I have another Wii, but I want to repair broken one.
Sadly, reset button doesn't work. AFAIK I've chosen 'update priiloader' from it's menu after I changed region from WiiMod.

Is only way to fix my Wii is hardware NAND flashing with Infectus? Or there's another option?

Jasjar

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.wiibrew.org
XP
Country
Australia
The only way to fix it is to use a Infectus. Well here's a guide that details how to do it, if you haven't found it alredy : http://www.hacksden.com/showthread....-Flashing-Low-Level-Brick-(Full-Brick)-Repair But unless you already have an Infectus and a good soldering iron, It's going to cost more than just buying a new wii. If you decide to do it anyway, I have the required files that are missing from the tutorial.

Reactions: bialasik

bialasik

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Thank you Jasjar. Yeah, I'll probably buy Infectus, apart of my Wii, maybe it's flash toolkit will be helpful for me in future.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: *yawn*