odja

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hi

If anybody knows, if Wii Motion Plus need software upgrade, and will be working on any CIOS?

franky86

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no one knows anything for sure yet.

but chances are a new feature like this will require a total firmware update to the wii

blitzer320

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i believe it will come with an "installation" dvd that will install an ios or set of ioses so you can use it
EDIT: after i put my two cents in i realized that my post is the same thing as above sorry Franky86

D

Deleted-171178

the game disk will contain IOS updates, and if nintendo want to, they will release a new system menu.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
You really need to see other sites, or at least google around, not only GBATemp has info about things you know...!!
wink2.gif

Wii Motion

I guess the games that will be using it, of course they will come with a new IOS with WMotion support, that is obvious

AdamBrunt

Trophies
XP
Country
Official Nintendo Magazine (out yesterday in the UK) had a review of Grand Slam Tennis - the first game that will use WMP.

The review mentions how if you attach a WMP while the game is running ... the WMP is detected automatically ('plug and play' ??) and the wiimote has to be held still for a couple of seconds to re-calibrate.

No mention of whether the game requires an system / IOS update - but then they never mention that sort of thing anyway.

I guess we'll know for sure in a week's time
smile.gif

The game got 90% BTW.

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
AdamBrunt said:
Official Nintendo Magazine (out yesterday in the UK) had a review of Grand Slam Tennis - the first game that will use WMP.

The review mentions how if you attach a WMP while the game is running ... the WMP is detected automatically ('plug and play' ??) and the wiimote has to be held still for a couple of seconds to re-calibrate.

No mention of whether the game requires an system / IOS update - but then they never mention that sort of thing anyway.

smile.gif

The game got 90% BTW.
I'm sure motion plus will need a new IOS to work, as with wii speak, keyboard support, usb peripherals etc.

It might be bundled with a system update, but as we've learned from past experience, system menu updates are not at all necessary to running games (unless you're doing it through disk channel), since games run off IOS, not system menu.

joda

Trophies
XP
Country
OSW said:
AdamBrunt said:

smile.gif

The game got 90% BTW.
I'm sure motion plus will need a new IOS to work, as with wii speak, keyboard support, usb peripherals etc.

It might be bundled with a system update, but as we've learned from past experience, system menu updates are not at all necessary to running games (unless you're doing it through disk channel), since games run off IOS, not system menu.
Well, the difference here is that all of the others were discrete usb peripherals, basically demanding drivers installed. WiiMotion+ is an addon to the mote, which acts through an already existing and working port, and might as well work as a normal add-on controller to the mote and use the same interface as for example the analog sticks of the classic controller or whichever.

mousex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
joda said:
Well, the difference here is that all of the others were discrete usb peripherals, basically demanding drivers installed. WiiMotion+ is an addon to the mote, which acts through an already existing and working port, and might as well work as a normal add-on controller to the mote and use the same interface as for example the analog sticks of the classic controller or whichever.
Second that

Det1re

det1re.de
Trophies
Website
det1re.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
mousex said:
joda said:
Second that

So you expect the interpretation of the data sended by WM+ will be interpreted completely be the game? Since all extension controllers (Nunchuck, Classic Controller) identify by some constant and then report their data to the WiiMote. The question is, if already available reporting methods meet the requirements of Motion Plus.

Afaik the Balance Board doesn't need an additional IOS, so chances are good, that Motion Plus doesn't require one, as well.

Oh and... please correct me, if I'm talking crap. :s

kytran

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
From my understanding when i saw at the E3 convention. you just plug and it goes just like the nin-chuck ( think i spelt that wrong ).

if you ever played Smash Brawl and plug and unplug the nin-chuck it will plug-in-play detect.

Also the we motion plus is just 2 more motion sensors installed at the base of the remote to get more accurate readings. they are still the same Type of Motion detectors as the rest of remote, just means instead of 4 you will have 6 motions detectors.

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, the thing is out now and there's a game that uses it (Tiger Woods). Has anyone checked to see if there's a new IOS or something?

TheDarkSeed

I'm a pretentious sack of shit
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo screws pirates up the ass by making All of these attachments for the Wii. If they don't get ya with the games, then they'll get ya with the accessories. You can't burn accessories onto a disc
dry.gif

They'll come up with anything to get at your wallet. Then again, so do all businesses.

They might even make an accessory called the Wii Jerker.(the name speaks for itself)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu