Hacking Wii Motion Plus

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dope_X said:
sorry for asking that dumb question ^^
but do i need a update for wm+ when im on 3.2E ?
or can i simply plug it in and it works?

By the looks of it, you probably don't have to update anything.

m00k

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wont get my motion plus until friday sadly, but i have tryed "Grand Slam Tennis" & it did not ask to update my console at all.

Maybe there will be an update in line with wii sports resort in a month, but who knows. I wouldnt start worrying just yet at least.

im on system menu 4 wani hacked by the way

richy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ether2802 said:
Too late for that post........but wich IOS the game uses..??? IOS4 has never come on a disc, it was in the Wii when I boughted and it is a new version BTW

IOS4 has come on a disc before. I tend to dump the update partition off each new disc to see if there are any new IOS files and in my little collection I have:
IOS4-64-v65280.wad (file date shows I dumped it mid-March)

Looking through all the files dumped off the Grand Slam Tennis disc by FenrirWolf then this is only "new" one I've not seen before:
RVL-Eulav_EU-v7.wad

RVL-Eulav_EU-v0 and RVL-Eulav_EU-v2 are the two versions I've currently got so I'm assuming it's some sort of change to the EULA from Nintendo?

EDIT: Just had a look and IOS4 was from Mario Power Tennis

AdamBrunt

Trophies
XP
Country
Not to rain on anyone's parade (and I am as happy about GST not having an update on it as anyone) but ...

GST is playable without Wii Motion Plus and so the game wouldn't necessarily need a new IOS with it. Has anyone actually got a Motion Plus yet ? This is the thing (if anything does) that would actually need an update ?

AFAIK, of the games announced so far, Red Steel 2 is the only game which REQUIRES Motion Plus

HaloBenish

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes, I've played it with the Motion Plus as I stated on like the first page. The game is very average around a 6 to 7 with Motion Plus and 4 to 5 (out of 10) without it.

EDIT: WHOOPS! I posted that on the first page for Grand Slam Tennis's release, not in this thread.

djkav

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
AdamBrunt said:
Not to rain on anyone's parade (and I am as happy about GST not having an update on it as anyone) but ...

GST is playable without Wii Motion Plus and so the game wouldn't necessarily need a new IOS with it. Has anyone actually got a Motion Plus yet ? This is the thing (if anything does) that would actually need an update ?

Well in the review it has been stated that during play you can unplug the WMP and the game will auto change to normal non WMP controls.

This leads me to suspect that the game will not stop mid way to ask you for an update. If there was any WMP special updates, then the game would have done it before the start.

Im waiting for my WMP's to arrive on Friday. Unfortunately im off to France for 5 days on Thurs
tongue.gif

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
richy said:
ether2802 said:
Too late for that post........but wich IOS the game uses..??? IOS4 has never come on a disc, it was in the Wii when I boughted and it is a new version BTW

IOS4 has come on a disc before. I tend to dump the update partition off each new disc to see if there are any new IOS files and in my little collection I have:
IOS4-64-v65280.wad (file date shows I dumped it mid-March)

Looking through all the files dumped off the Grand Slam Tennis disc by FenrirWolf then this is only "new" one I've not seen before:
RVL-Eulav_EU-v7.wad

RVL-Eulav_EU-v0 and RVL-Eulav_EU-v2 are the two versions I've currently got so I'm assuming it's some sort of change to the EULA from Nintendo?

EDIT: Just had a look and IOS4 was from Mario Power Tennis

It wasn't me who dumped it, I quoted some other guy.

jackoblades

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i just bought tigerwoods today w/ wm+ and it says i need an update to play the game... does anyone know yet if its safe to update or if i need to wait for a cios

squablo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah well big deal. almost all of the new games i have gotten lately have asked me for a system update. Punch out, madworld, etc.

I am on wanin 4.0 with rev12

So Ill do what ive been doing, dump the game and play thru usb loader

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :tpi::rofl2: +1