Hardware Homebrew Do motion plus controller still have issues with a lot of homebrew?

IceYeti

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I recently got a wii and wanted a second controller for playing multiplayer so I figured I'd get a motion plus one for games that support it, but looking it up I found that there are apparently issues when using motion plus wiimotes with homebrew. Is this still a big problem with a lot of homebrew or have most things been updated to support it?

Reactions: newo

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Hi, I recently got a wii and wanted a second controller for playing multiplayer so I figured I'd get a motion plus one for games that support it, but looking it up I found that there are apparently issues when using motion plus wiimotes with homebrew. Is this still a big problem with a lot of homebrew or have most things been updated to support it?
Nop that was addressed on newer cIOS

Reactions: newo and IceYeti

clandestine

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I've run into the issue still occasionally. Have an ogmote ready for action.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Homebrew does not magically change and neither do the wiimotes, if the program of choice hasn't been recompiled with newer drivers (which are in the title and not in the IOS) the answer is obvious

(what's less obvious is that not all wiimotes with integrated motionplus are the "problematic" TR variant)
(in quotes because I stand behind the claim that it's the older homebrew drivers to be inaccurate to the standard set by the hardware, as proved by all the official titles of 2006/2008 that work just fine with the TRs)

Reactions: IceYeti and impeeza

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
As @newo said, the homebrews source code must be modified (if necessary) and recompiled with newer devkitPPC (min r26) and libOGC (min 1.8.15-1/1.8.16) in order for make these homebrew to accept newer Wiimotes (aka Wii Remote Plus).

I had to make a change to MAME Wii in order for compile it in devkitPPC r26 and libOGC 1.8.16, and as a result, i can use MAME Wii with newer Wiimotes, considering that i couldnt use it on original MAME Wii versions.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto