Wii Mini : Internet via LAN adapter and copied NetConfig

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by alexander1970, Sep 15, 2019.

1. alexander1970
    OP

alexander1970 GBAtemp allows me to be here

Nov 8, 2018
    Austria
    Austria
    Source: https://wiidatabase.de/wii-mini-kommt-per-lan-adapter-und-kopierter-netconfig-ins-internet/

Nintendo has not removed the network features from the Wii Mini's IOS. If the Wii LAN adapter is connected, the Internet functions work normally!

The only catch of the story: The network configuration must be manually overwritten in the NAND because the Internet settings have been removed from the menu. For this, the "config.dat" must be replaced with one that has set up a LAN connection - we have prepared one for you. This must be copied, for example, via FSToolBox to the folder "/ shared2 / sys / net / 02 /" - it is best to first dump the old file, replace it on the SD card and inject it again. Of course, this does not work until the necessary exploit has been released, so be patient!

Since the Wii Mini has only one USB port, it becomes difficult with USB loaders and simultaneous Internet. For this, for example, the Wiimmfi disc patcher should be used.

Incidentally mentioned: The Wii Mini's IOS have a strangely high version number.

2. Naendow

Naendow Brick-Master

Jan 4, 2016
    Germany
    Seems to be very interesting. I would love to test some stuff out with the console, but I don't have one unfortunately.

3. CMDreamer

CMDreamer GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 29, 2014
    Mexico
  4. B4rtj4h

B4rtj4h Gaming addict #2 and some

Apr 16, 2007
    Netherlands
    Bikini Bottom
    Why not use a USB hub/switch?

5. Brawl345

Brawl345 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 14, 2012
    Germany
    They are really high, even higher than their Wii U counterparts, even though they came out roughly at the sam time. IOS80 is at v32800, while on the Wii U it's on v7200.

alexander1970 likes this.
  6. Ryccardo

Ryccardo and his tropane alkaloids

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    Probably to block hypothetical future disc updates on commercial discs while reserving the ability to do them in a service center?

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

---
    Interesting that they put effort into removing SD support, though (we all know that unlike for the wifi card, the regular Wii runs fine without SD)

alexander1970 likes this.
  7. CMDreamer

CMDreamer GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 29, 2014
    Mexico
    That makes us think about how many "features" were added/removed on them in the meantime while the Wii got its last update up until the Wii-Mini got released.

Speaking about the hardware (the part I'm most interested on), did most features got removed compared to the ones on the Wii, like SD soldering pads and components needed for it to work?. Don't have one at hand but might get one soon, I'm looking for a good price, just hope that now that a possible hack is feasible, it doesn't get overpriced.

8. Clector

Clector GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 15, 2016
    Bangladesh
    Not here
    I wonder what happens if a Wii mini tries to connect to the Shop channel.

9. N7Kopper

N7Kopper Proud lover of a three-inch girlfriend

Aug 24, 2014
    United Kingdom
    To NUS? Probably nothing special, considering how high the IOS versions are. The Shop Channel's dead. (Long live a certain preservation archive that I would link if the rules allowed me to!)

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted