Hacking Wii menu erased during waninkoko's update installer 4.3b

StupidGamer1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok. The story is this. I fixed my buds computer and instead of paying me money he bought me a VC game (ys book I & 2,I didn't tell him I could get it for free
biggrin.gif
) I went to the shop channel and was told to update,I didn't and went online and grabbed waninkoko's updater 4.3b (The one that doesn't give any errors with homebrew). Everything went smoothly until I got to the "Installing wii menu 4.3" I got a Ret -1010 error...restarting wii (isn't 1010 a low memory error?). Then preloader loaded and couldn't boot the wii menu or HBC, so I am thiking. Oh son of a brick!

So here is what I have on wii. Preloader 0.29,Bootmii and NAND backup. Is there anyway at all to cure this problem? Any help at all would be very much appreciate. I've been to a couple places and no one has even bothered to look at my post and I'm starting to feel discouraged. The previous wii menu was 4.2u waninkoko. If only there was a way to delete some games off the memory and access HBC again to run the installer and complete it would be a blessing so I can play my wii again. Any thoughts or ideas how to fix this, Thank you!

Riley

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Firs, there is no reason to update to 4.3. You can use DOP-shop to update your shop channel.

Run priiloader and select Load file and select load file

Run DOP-mii and install IOS70 v6687 then SYstem Menu 4.2.

You should now be back to 4.2 too do what you please.

EDit: correction, you cant run files from bootmii. thx EseHomes

Dteyn

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Assuming you have BootMii as boot2, the first thing I would do is use BootMii to make a backup of the current state of the system, just in case anything attempted makes things worse.

Once you install IOS70 and SM4.2U as others have mentioned, I would use the 4.2U modding guide to get HBC and everything else back in order.

Then take another backup once it's all hunky dory.
smile.gif

StupidGamer1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Riley said:
Firs, there is no reason to update to 4.3. You can use DOP-shop to update your shop channel.

Run priiloader and select HBC.

Run DOP-mii and install IOS70 v6687 then SYstem Menu 4.2.

You should now be back to 4.2 too do what you please.

I cannot load anything, preloader loads as soon as the wii is turned on. I can't access anything but preloader.

Posts merged

QUOTE(Everlasting Nightmare @ Jun 30 2010, 05:37 AM) Do ya have Bootmii as boot2?

Yes, on the SD card. not as an IOS.

Dteyn

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Depending on the version of preloader, you should be able to run apps directly from the SD card or at the very least, install some type of forwarder that loads apps from the SD card.

Edit:

If you have BootMii as boot2, you should be able to edit SD:\bootmii\bootmii.ini on your SD card so that you can access BootMii (set BOOTDELAY to 5).

StupidGamer1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dteyn said:
Assuming you have BootMii as boot2, the first thing I would do is use BootMii to make a backup of the current state of the system, just in case anything attempted makes things worse.

Once you install IOS70 and SM4.2U as others have mentioned, I would use the 4.2U modding guide to get HBC and everything else back in order.

Then take another backup once it's all hunky dory.
smile.gif

I have a backup of my NAND. I believe it was when I updated to waninkoko 4.2. so my NAND is 4.2u nand. Right now I can't load anything because all I can access is preloader. This happend after 4.3b waninkoko installer was installing the "wii system menu 4.3u"

Riley

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
DOP-mii to install IOS70 + system menu 4.2 if you have wifi on your wii.

Or use NUSD to download the files and install with wad manager.

StupidGamer1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Riley said:
DOP-mii to install IOS70 + system menu 4.2 if you have wifi on your wii.

Or use NUSD to download the files and install with wad manager.

I have wifi on my wii. so we're good on networking ability. Would rolling back to 4.2U nintendo affect the 4.2u waninkoko?
I just want to make sure before I do something drastic, even though I do have my NAND backed up.

EseHomes

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Umm, just to let everyone know, you CAN NOT run .dol files from bootmii. IDK why there are so many people in this thread throwing out misinformation. The only things that can be run from bootmii are .elf files that have been compiled with the bootmii toolchain. Normal homebrew apps CAN NOT be run from bootmii. You people REALLY need to research more before telling people stuff that does not work. I am still a noob here and surprisingly I know more than many other people because I took the time to research instead of assume.

StupidGamer1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EseHomes said:
Umm, just to let everyone know, you CAN NOT run .dol files from bootmii. IDK why there are so many people in this thread throwing out misinformation. The only things that can be run from bootmii are .elf files that have been compiled with the bootmii toolchain. Normal homebrew apps CAN NOT be run from bootmii. You people REALLY need to research more before telling people stuff that does not work. I am still a noob here and surprisingly I know more than many other people because I took the time to research instead of assume.

I'm a noob too. I don't know what ios does what like the rest of forum members seem to know. that is why I have to rely on my knowledged hackers out there! Thanks guys. I'll try finding dop-mii,IOS 70 and system menu 4.2. I'll be sure to post results and tell you if I am good or S.O.L Thanks for taking the time to help though, it's much appreciated to get some help.

StupidGamer1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Riley said:
No your wii should be fine. Just install IOS70 v6687 AND THEN System Menu 4.2.

Thanks everyone for taking the time to help.I'll post my results as soon as I can locate dop-mii and system 4.2u. are you SURE the offical 4.2u won't affect the waninkoko version I had prior to the 4.3 slip up?

ocdetective

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
StupidGamer1 said:
Riley said:

Thanks everyone for taking the time to help.I'll post my results as soon as I can locate dop-mii and system 4.2u. are you SURE the offical 4.2u won't affect the waninkoko version I had prior to the 4.3 slip up?
Wanin doesnt have a special system menu or IOS70 - its merely the soft modding methodology.

StupidGamer1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ocdetective said:
StupidGamer1 said:
Riley said:

Wanin doesnt have a special system menu or IOS70 - its merely the soft modding methodology.

Thanks everyone. I'll do my best in fixing this problem. I'll post back if I'm Gold as stated.

StupidGamer1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I put boot.dol of DOP-mii on the root of the SD card and preloader says "Can't find executable file on the root of the SD card" it's named "boot.dol" Any ideas?

EDIT : never mind, it was in a folder >_

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, https://youtu.be/KaMSXIRReOo?si=2hRoijJtiwPUHXk5