Status
Not open for further replies.

MissingNo._

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I may have found a loophole to Wii Menu 4.0 to using the Twilight Hack. But It's a long story...

When I had a younger version of the Wii Menu I used the American Twilight Hack to install the Homebrew Channel on my Wiis. Then I updated to Wii Menu 4.0. Everything seems set up right? WRONG. I had forgotten to install DVDx, and both of my Wiis have Wii Menu 4.0. So I can't downgrade or install the Twilight Hack. So then It occurs to me, "My friend has a Wii Menu 3.4; why don't I just use his Wii?" But It wouldn't install DVDx on mine. So then I thought, "If I got the Homebrew Channel on his Wii I could after install the Twilight Hack, then use Savegame Extractor on his Homebrew Channel, then use Savegame Installer on mine to get the Twilight Hack on it, then install DVDx." So it may work or not, but I'd have to wait until Friday to get to use his Wii. So if any of you will try it and tell me how it goes, post it on here. Thanks in advance.

(This is just a theory. This has not been tested yet.)

If this works I might be a loophole hero!!!!
yaynds.gif

Mark McDonut

GBATemp's Resident Ghostbuster
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dvdx is a channel and is different than the twilight hack and how it is blocked. dvdx installs as a hidden channel but the twilight hack is actually looked for and detected at boot and removed by menu 4.0, at least the way I understood the explanation of how it works. You can install it just fine, the problem is the system will delete it when it starts up.

Thanks for posting though, if it would have worked it could have been badass but unfortunately nintendo is one step ahead with this one.

Mark McDonut

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
purechaos996 said:
Interesting theroy but correct me if im wrong but isnt the SaveGame extractor and Installer for Gamecube Saves?

nah, waninkoko made one that's on github that works like wad manager but for wii save data, came out last week and works great.

purechaos996

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mark McDonut said:
purechaos996 said:
Interesting theroy but correct me if im wrong but isnt the SaveGame extractor and Installer for Gamecube Saves?

nah, waninkoko made one that's on github that works like wad manager but for wii save data, came out last week and works great.

hmm Must have missed that one sorry then.

Mark McDonut

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

purechaos996

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mark McDonut said:
purechaos996 said:
Mark McDonut said:
purechaos996 said:

hmm Must have missed that one sorry then.
no prob, here ya go

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=152407

Ohh ok yeah ive seen that before I wonder why I didnt download it hmm Oh well. Thanks for that

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Umm, if you have the ablity to run the savegame installer on your wii you have the HBC and therefore can both downgrade and install DVDX even on 4.0

Wiinie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait a minute. If you have the homebrew channel. all you need to do is downgrade to 3.2 (for 2.0 usb speed dvdx set up) or 3.4 for dvdx regular. No need to redo the twilight hack if you already have the homebrew channel. Plus savegame installer wont work without homebrew channel. So in esscence this is a pointless loop hole (if any).

Don't mean to come off as rude, but this is a pointless loophole. Just downgrade.

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah.... pretty much, if you have homebrew channel what is the need for twilight hack?

Twilight hack doesnt matter, ability to downgrade or install trucha signed content does matter.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Like for micro